Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hilton Promotions

Am so fed up that Hilton promotions are only ever geared towards US members and sometimes UK. I have asked about this via email and on HH Facebook page, and only ever get the message "watch this space". Well I've been watching for 2 years now and still nothing.

On top of this, as far as I am aware, there are no credit card options, other than for residents of US, UK, Japan and Germany. What about the rest of us? It can't be so hard to set something up with AMEx or Citi globally?

Hilton, if you're monitoring these sites, please pass on to someone who could do something about this.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7

On top of this, as far as I am aware, there are no credit card options, other than for residents of US, UK, Japan and Germany. What about the rest of us?
For what countries should Hilton have credit card agreements in place? Hilton knows the number of HHonors members by resident country.

The 3Q12 promo is offered globally, btw.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Quarte.../landing.aspx?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I hope a Hilton co-brand credit card comes to Singapore.

Well I can only dream at this point hehe...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
The main issue with the sweepstakes-type promotions is that many countries (and indeed states) have complex laws and regulations on gambling and promotions, which can easily ensnare Hilton and cause it to have legal liability. Therefore, to avoid the cost of getting a legal opinion in dozens of countries, it restricts to the ones where it knows it's on solid ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.