Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How many nights for Diamond Members per year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Omni SG Black, Hyatt Gold Passport, American Express Platinum 2006

What's the average number of nights that you stay within the Hilton chain? This year I have 145 nights and am just curious how many nights other diamond members usually accrue? I'll probably have another 45-60 nights before the end of the year...
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by chrisjbritt
What's the average number of nights that you stay within the Hilton chain? This year I have 145 nights and am just curious how many nights other diamond members usually accrue? I'll probably have another 45-60 nights before the end of the year...
I think you have too many. Spread out that loyalty a little. You could easily have HH diamond and Marriott Platinum. That will widen your reward and benefit options.

Personally I seem to hover around 60-70 nights per year. I usually qualify on stays, though. I stay primarily in one smaller city with only 4 good properties, 3 of which are Hilton family.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Welcome to FlyerTalk chrisjbritt ^ ,

I think you will find people on FT are at one extreme or the other...most will only do the minimum amount of nights and then go for a second, third or further program to spread the nights and maximise loyalty benefits and points when travelling. However, there are some that simply want the points and also the same consistent quality and service so stick with one chain for 100 or 200+ nights a year...

Personally, I try to keep it to the minimum and am currently at 31 stays and 50 nights which I would gladly stop adding to but sometimes there just is no decent choice of another chain so I add to my Hilton total...I am about 4 nights away from IHG plat again and about midway towards plat with Accor (whatever they call it now...I refuse to call it le .... )

Would happily accrue nights in Starwoods or Marriot properties but they don't seem to be where I travel...
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:04 pm

Welcome to another true Road Warrior.^
Many who have your travel pattern split between at least 2 programs.

However, in your case, it appears you rack up enough of what you want at Hilton to satisfy yourself and share with others or not (just bank).

Last edited by shoreline; Aug 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
I typically average between 170-180 nights per year. Where I stay is completely dependent on my current project situation (which is typically a 1-2 year gig). As others have mentioned I prefer to split my time between two chains when possible. If either Hilton or Marriott came up with a higher elite level that had some relevant additional benefits I would then consider being more loyal to one or the other. As they currently stand, I prefer having the option to choose one or the other to burn points when on vacation.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Due to prem room scam and loss of DSA, this diamond has 28 stays, 29 nights. No more paid nights the rest of the year. Rest going to IHG.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Omni SG Black, Hyatt Gold Passport, American Express Platinum 2006
Originally Posted by shoreline
Welcome to another true Road Warrior.^
Many who have your travel pattern split between at least 2 programs.

However, in your case, it appears you rack up enough of what you want at Hilton to satisfy yourself and share with others or not (just bank).
I was spreading it out with stays at Intercontinental, put found their loyalty program not as good... I usually cash them in for a week stay each year and then give them out to family when they go away...
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I was spreading it out with stays at Intercontinental, put found their loyalty program not as good... I usually cash them in for a week stay each year and then give them out to family when they go away...
Really? Despite the recent devaluation, Priority Club is really a "good times" program, with all kinds of bonuses going on all of the time. Suggest you hang out at the IHC forum and get in on the goodies:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-2012-a.html

David
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
Do 150 / yr of which half go to Hiltons primarily because of location. Spread the others to SPG & Marriott, and have to work a bit to maintain top staus at those (CCs, meeting rooms, ect)
Old Aug 11, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I'll probably have 35-40 nights this year, about average. Diamond for 6 years in a row.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Typically in the neighborhood of 28 1-nighters, with the bulk of my multi-night stays going to starwood due to better elite benefits. More nights if I redeem.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, Marriott Gold, US SP, Avis PS
94 nights so far this year, first year in a position that traveled enough to warrant elite status, with another 20 nights booked through the end of September.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I usually make Diamond on stays, not nights or points. I hotel-hop around a lot in the States.

But this year, I'll make Diamond on nights - right around 60 to 70.

Every time I think I should spread it around a little bit more and do some Holiday Inn Express stays so I have option to stay at an Intercontinental in Europe... I wind up at an Embassy Suites instead.

What can I say, I like the omelets.

I get a lot of upgrades at Hilton properties, and I feel like I do pretty well with them on my earned points-stays each year at pricey or premium properties in Hawaii, Europe, NY, Pacific Rim, etc. I played with SPG for a while, but no real interest in switching to another chain.

TDM
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CrizzleColts
94 nights so far this year, first year in a position that traveled enough to warrant elite status, with another 20 nights booked through the end of September.
Now I suggest you just maintain HH diamond status and seek greener pastures. Would love to hear your exp's at other chains.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 4:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I'll earn Diamond this year for the first time. I joined hhonors last year. I've currently got 4 stays, 39 nights and 84.000+ base points.

I make all of my elite levels based upon base points which is why I'm now with Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.