Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Airline Acquisition 2012: Instant Gold Status thru 3/2014 + Bonus — TARGETTED

Airline Acquisition 2012: Instant Gold Status thru 3/2014 + Bonus — TARGETTED

Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Originally Posted by bouncingbug
I highly doubt it, though I never actually tried to be fair. My guess is that it would have to be a regular paid stay that you would earn elite stays/nights on.

On a separate note, does anyone know whether this is stackable with the new Virgin Atlantic promotion? I know you have to do miles and points in both cases, but I'm guessing it doesn't stack since you would have to set preferences to AA/DL vs. VA. Can anyone confirm this is the case? i.e. that one would have to make 4 stays first to get the 50K points from this promotion, and then additional stays for the VA promotion.
They stack. You only need to pick AA/DL to get the initial bonus miles. I switched mine halfway through to VA and still just got the 50k points.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: HHonours Gold, Accor Platinum, KF, *A Gold
same here, my experience says they stack, very good deal if u ask me

4 stays and gain over 20k points for stay, and another 50k points for the AA

Staying almost for free
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Mlife Noir, Hyatt Globalist
Finally got this to work

So, I tried using my mileage plus account number to use this offer, and it kept telling me invalid account number. I called Hilton and United, and neither were able to help. Hilton did say that since I was an existing member, I need to create a new account, and then call back to get the two merged.

Eventually, I figured out that the problem was that I was using lower case letters in my mileage plus account number. When I put capital letters in, it worked (Really?). Once I got the new account number (using a different email), I called and had the two merged. Gold status applied!

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
How long to post?

I have signed up for the DL promo. Completed my 4th stay 10 days ago. No sign of 50,000 bonus points though. How long did you have to wait?

I did not change my to preferences to DL, though (BMI is better) Maybe this was a mistake?

Last edited by SK AAR; Nov 14, 2012 at 10:33 am
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:14 am
uxb
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I have signed up for the DL promo. Completed my 4th stay 10 days ago. No sign of 50,000 bonus points though. How long did you have to wait?

I did not change my to preferences to DL, though (BMI is better) Maybe this was a mistake?
I got the bonus points immediately after my fourth stay posted. If you signed up through DL, but left your earnings to BMI, then that is likely the mistake.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
I signed up for the AA promo and got the 50k straight after my 4th stay. (1 of them being a points & cash stay)

At no point did I have my earning partner set to AA. It was always Virgin to get the 15k promo, which stacked nicely with this one. So for the AA promo at least, it doesn't matter who your earnings partner is set to.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: Too many to list
oops, didn't notice its for 2012. sorry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.