Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How many Hilton points for this stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:49 am
BCF
Original Poster

Programs: AA, US, WN, Marriot, Hilton

I am looking at Conrad Miami for August 10 to August 12, from Hilton website and Travelocity. The price on Travelocity is $80 less for two nights for me, because my AMEX give $50 back on $250 and there is a 10% promo code. So, I'm debating whether to book from Hilton website or Travelocity.

Travelocity: $214
Hilton: $292

I have AMEX HHonors credit card and gold status. How many points will I get by booking from Hilton? Is my calculation correct?

From credit card: 292 * 6 + 500 = 2252
From Hilton: 292 * (10 * 3 (for weekend stay) + 5) = 10220

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by BCF
I am looking at Conrad Miami for August 10 to August 12, from Hilton website and Travelocity. The price on Travelocity is $80 less for two nights for me, because my AMEX give $50 back on $250 and there is a 10% promo code. So, I'm debating whether to book from Hilton website or Travelocity.

Travelocity: $214
Hilton: $292

I have AMEX HHonors credit card and gold status. How many points will I get by booking from Hilton? Is my calculation correct?

From credit card: 292 * 6 + 500 = 2252
From Hilton: 292 * (10 * 3 (for weekend stay) + 5) = 10220

Thanks
Did you consider the Hilton advanced purchase rate to check comparison?
If you cannot find it, you shoul call to ask. Then make your comparison.

If the price isn't much different, it's probably better to do the AP through Hilton so you get your credit. Also, haven't cross referenced the Q3 promo list, but if the hotel is participating and you are signed up for the promo, it's a greater loss to you booking through anything but Hilton directly.^
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:14 am

checked the non participating list, and they don't appear to be on there.

so, looks like, if you are signed up for the promo, it's triple points for the weekend nights of Friday - Sunday.

but, if not booked directly through hilton, it will be zero points.

you should probably check the list as well just to make sure you don't see it on the list either. (i just looked quickly).

To calculate your points take your
room rate + charges to your room (net price) x 10 points

if your double dip is points & points then, same number above x 5 (for your bonus points)

add your 25% gold bonus

add your VIP bonus (if applicable)

add your triple points for Q3 promo (net base x 3)

and, of course, your Amex would post separately when your CC points post.

Hard to calculate for you, until you have the actual room rate, whether it's BAR rate (and eligible to cancel) or with advanced purchase rate (with no eligibility to cancel).

Last edited by shoreline; Aug 6, 2012 at 7:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.