Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HHW Loss Prevention Email

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:06 am
Original Poster

HHW Loss Prevention Email

Hello all, I need some help/advice. I received this email below from "Nancy Banks" HHW Loss Prevention:

"Mr. XXXX Johnson, I am contacting you regarding the negative point balance on your Hilton HHonors account number 23XXXXX11 that resulted from a reward reservation stay that you had at the Waldorf Astoria New York, May 11-13, 2012. The new HXX2 reward number 1XXXXX418 has been deducted since the hotel did not have a certificate to use. As a result the account balance is now negative 77,316 points. In order to ensure that your account is brought back to good standing, please review the following options:..."

The email then goes into me essentially cancelling some future reward stays or paying money/booking paid stays to get my account balance back up to positive.

HERE ARE THE FACTS:
1. I paid with this stay via one free night certificate and points (for the second night).
2. I had initially two reservations, cancelling one in advance.
3. My bill had the old reservation# attached however as it was cancelled they show no rewards attached.
4. I sent them my correct confirmation showing the reward ID's where my free night certificate was used and the points deducted from my account. They said they are looking into the matter and will get back to me.

I guess my question is has this ever happened to anyone? Were you successful in pleading/explaining your case? I am an auditor for a living thus I went back and I am sure the points were correctly debited from my account and my free night certificate was attached to the confirmaion. Thanks for your help and insight. I just have a big trip to Europe planned on points with my wife and I am afraid that is now in jeopardy from this situation.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
I imagine they will sort it out. You should have cancelation record number on your hhonors account as well as an e-mail confirmation of the cancelation.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by colpuck
I imagine they will sort it out. You should have cancelation record number on your hhonors account as well as an e-mail confirmation of the cancelation.
+1

There is a bit of a time lag between when something happens and when Hilton posts it.

Also, let's welcome the OP to FT ---

Bob H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.