Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Ealing {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Ealing {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NeedstoFly
Wembley is closer than Ealing?
Yes, much closer by public transport. Wembley Park is just two stops / 12 minutes on the Metropolitan Line from Baker Street. Contrast with Ealing Common, which is 10 stops / 23 minutes from Green Park.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Rooms veery small at this property for a suburban location. Agree the breakfast is good.
Old May 5, 2017, 8:20 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
For some reason the Hotel name didn't appear.

Now fixed.

Thanks.

Squeakr

Co moderator HH
Old May 6, 2017, 3:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Squeakr
Now fixed.

Thanks.

Squeakr

Co moderator HH
This whole thing confuses me, Squeakr. Some threads have the word "Review" in block letters highlighted in blue on the subject line of the thread. I wrote a review using the Flyertalk form and there is no such highlight to indicate I filled out a form to write a hotel review. Thus why would anyone take the time to read what I wrote?

So what exactly was "fixed"?

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
You have helped point out that the review function is wonky and a waste of time though.
Lesson learned!

Originally Posted by pinniped
A four-star Doubletree? I didn't think that existed.
That's how the Doubletree was designated by TripAdvisor and Google.

Originally Posted by navelfluff
It's a good hotel, but a little too far to ride on the tube outside London. Same value, but better quality and closer into the centre is the Hilton Wembley
I know Ealing from having played tennis at their Lawn Tennis Club years ago. I like the neighborhood plus the fact that 2 tube lines are just a 3 minute walk away from the hotel.

Yes, much closer by public transport. Wembley Park is just two stops / 12 minutes on the Metropolitan Line from Baker Street. Contrast with Ealing Common, which is 10 stops / 23 minutes from Green Park.
According to Google Maps, the Hilton Wembley is a 9 minute walk to the Wembley Park station. A mere 3 minute walk (especially if it's raining) is preferable. I don't mind an extra 10 minute ride on the tube as I commute on the NYC subway daily. The price I got per night including breakfast along with my enjoyment of Ealing makes an extra 10 minutes each way worth it. Plus when you account for the faster walk to Ealing Common from the Doubletree as compared with the walk to Wembley Park from the Hilton Wembley, the difference in travel time is just 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Rooms veery small at this property for a suburban location. Agree the breakfast is good.
I was on the 5th floor which apparently is designated as HH rooms. The room wasn't tiny.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Hi All
I have been staying here for 1 night a week over the last month I am pleased to say they have started giving room upgrades and drinks vouchers. Apparently the Hotel has had a recent audit from Hilton and been told to do this to come up to brand standard. Not sure if it is same for Gold.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by russ1h
Hi All
I have been staying here for 1 night a week over the last month I am pleased to say they have started giving room upgrades and drinks vouchers. Apparently the Hotel has had a recent audit from Hilton and been told to do this to come up to brand standard. Not sure if it is same for Gold.
thats good to hear, thanks for the report......I've not tried this one yet but one day perhaps.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
I stayed here last week, checked in at 3pm and was told by check-in that they would like to upgrade me but no rooms have come available yet, I can wait for an upgraded room or check in to a normal room now.

Opted for immediate check in and was given extra drinks vouchers and an extra cookie.

Overall, very happy with my stay here. No lounge, but the room was nice, bed was comfy, AC worked well and breakfast was good quality and good selection.

I was e-mailed a survey a few days later which I completed with good feedback, then was sent a very nice and obviously personally written e-mail from the GM.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've only had a few stays here (3 I think) and I remain somewhat conflicted about the place. Some of the rooms are small and suffer from a bit of traffic noise, other rooms are a reasonable size and are fine. The place is a bit soul-less I feel. But it can be very good value for money, it often has very low rates compared to central London. It is very close to South Ealing tube station, and 10 minutes (1 km) from Ealing Broadway station, or an easy 112 bus hop, pretty much door to door. The latter means that if the timings work, the Heathrow Connect service for LHR T5, T3 and T2 makes it quite quick to get to/from. Plus being on the North Circular means it will be accessible for many road users too. There are a good selection of shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. I suppose it serves a purpose if room rates elsewhere are high, and one's expectations are fairly modest.
Cymro likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by russ1h
Hi All

Well, either they’ve stopped again, or just being inconsistent.

No upgrade, no drink voucher today. I think I’ve had a better stay (in those aspects) couple od years ago when I was Gold.

ETA: after couple of hours of the room temperature remaining at 16C despite aircon/heating being on, I went back to the front desk to ask for another room.

Different person there, proactively upgraded me and gave me two drink vouchers.

Last edited by jms_uk; Mar 1, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
The bathrooms in the normal rooms are VERY small and VERY narrow.
Honestly, this may be well be the smallest bathroom in a hotel I've ever seen.
Toilet stalls in public bathrooms have more space than here.

On the plus side, windows can be opened at this hotel.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Sep 26, 2019 at 6:25 am
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I can confirm that they are still giving 2 welcome drink vouchers to Diamond members here.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Just arrived here. No gold upgrade but they seemed pretty frazzled as the key card system is down so staff accompanying each guest up to their room

Room is a standard and it's a bit tight although quite nicely decorated

Cookie and a drinks voucher offered. Is the drinks voucher a new thing for golds as had got it on last two stays at DoubleTree

Paying £144

​​​
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:21 am

Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:56 am

Slept OK last night and the hotel was handy for the underground station as we needed to be in Hammersmith. Parking was £14.50.

Breakfast had a nice wide choice of option

Overall this is an ok hotel if driving into London on M4 or M40 and would stay again but would book a bigger room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.