Reward Certificate Question

Old Mar 26, 2000, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Ultra Fast Reward Certificate

Well, I called last week to have my "Going Global" award issued for a stay in Sydney in July of this year. It actually arrived in my mail box within 5 working days -- and I didn't ask/pay for expedited service. I was impressed.
Old Mar 26, 2000, 2:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Silver, Delta Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Same experience for me recently. Plus Betty at the service center couldn't have been nicer. Why, I feel HHonored!!! ouch..
Old Aug 31, 2000, 7:33 am

How long for reward certificate to arrive?

Hi all,

I know I should be a good boy and "search" for this info, as it's likely been posted already, but I'm running late for work already, still need to pack for a flt, etc.

?: I'm about to book a one night Hilton stay, using points, in SFO on 9/9 for the Rudi/Comicwoman dinner. HH is telling me to allow two weeks for delivery of the certificate; obviously, I only have like 9 days.

In your experience (I've never redeemed HH points before), what are the odds I'll actually receive the certificate in time? Is the 2 weeks conservative padding? Or does it really take that long and mean that I am SOL?

TIA.

-Ben
Old Aug 31, 2000, 7:45 am
Original Member

for me i think it was a week or 7 to 10 buniesses days but if i were you i would call customer service to find out.

------------------
emmett w. smith jr.
Old Aug 31, 2000, 8:31 am

Location: Memphis, TN-SPG Platinum, HY Diamond, HH Gold, NW Platinum, AA Platinum, AVIS Preferred Select.
You better request the RUSH delivery to be sure.
Old Aug 31, 2000, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had 5 certs sent over the last year. The longest one took 5 business days. I did not put a rush on any of them.
Old Aug 31, 2000, 6:12 pm
Original Member

I did one last Monday evening, and it arrived in Friday's mail. I have never experienced a delay yet when using the online redemption.
Old Sep 1, 2000, 8:15 am

Thanks for the real-life info guys.

Well, here's what happpened. A couple weeks back when I called to inquire how the process worked, I was told it would take 2 weeks for the certificate to arrive.

When I called (several different times, hoping to get different answers) yesterday to request my certificate for the 9th, each person told me, "Oh no, it takes 3-5 weeks for the certificate to get to you." All of them insisted it need to be expedited. So I'm paying $25 for Fedex - and they're even sending it to the hotel, cause they're afraid Fedex can't get it to me by the 9th. Strange. Maybe they're afraid of the delay on their end, just processing the Fedex order.

I wasn't aware there was an online redemption option. Perhaps I should've tried that.

[This message has been edited by bokich (edited 09-01-2000).]
Old Sep 1, 2000, 3:59 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I requested it for (Rush) FedEx back in July and it arrived at my house (Canada) within 2 business days.
Old Sep 2, 2000, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experience is exactly as is Baze's.

But I'd go with Express Service at this point (if you haven't already done so) just to be safe. Especially as Monday is a U.S. Holiday and you would lose one more "postal" day.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 09-02-2000).]
Old Mar 27, 2001, 10:22 am

Reward Certificate Question

I recall reading a while ago that we can print our own reward certificate from Hilton's website after we make the reservation with Hilton, am I correct?

So does that mean we don't have to wait for the certs to be mailed to us? It's really a pain to have to wait for it which mean we have to plan way ahead otherwise have to pay the rush fee.
Old Mar 27, 2001, 4:10 pm

Yep, I did it the other day and used the cert the next night.
Old Mar 27, 2001, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
same here, I printed mine Sun too. Easy to print and don't need to wait for the mail.
Old Mar 27, 2001, 6:54 pm

Thanks for the great news guys...!
Old Mar 28, 2001, 6:43 am
Suspended

Is it correct that TEEN/VIP awards still have to be mailed out or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.