FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc {US-MI} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1360454-hampton-inn-suites-flint-grand-blanc-us-mi.html)

linsj Jun 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc {US-MI}

Stayed a couple of nights at this hotel off US-23. It's only a few years old and was built as a Hampton, not converted from another brand.

Front-desk staff members are friendly and helpful. Even though the hotel was booked almost full, I was able to check in early.

The breakfast area is bigger than any Hampton I've been in. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, and French toast strips one day and cheese omelets, bacon, and potatoes the next day, in addition to the usual make-your-own waffles and cold items, which include sugarfree yogurt and hard-boiled eggs.

The king room is large with a couch and extra chair. Bathroom is large too. Shelves are built into the wall behind the door to hold towels and toiletries. I didn't see them and thought housekeeping had forgotten to leave these items. Rooms are more soundproof than most hotels. I was next to a room with four teen soccer players and couldn't hear them.

Location just off the freeways is convenient. Meijer grocery store is across the street, and several restaurants are nearby.

mudpuppy Jan 4, 2018 10:05 am

I've stayed here a few times when I had to fly out of FNT in the morning. It's very convenient to the airport. I've never stayed late enough for breakfast so I can't comment on that. It's still relatively new and the rooms are clean. Staff have always been friendly.

My complaint about this hotel is noise. I disagree with the above review about soundproofing. If you have a room on the highway side, you'll hear a lot of traffic noise. Knowing this, I always request a room away from the highway. Usually when I'm there it is not very busy so I've never had any other noise issues until our stay on 12/23/17. Someone in the hotel decided to have a party in their room that lasted from 10 PM until 3:30 AM. It was loud enough that my wife and I couldn't sleep. I called the front desk twice and they claimed they called the offending room to tell them to quiet down but it didn't help. Having a 6 am flight, we essentially got no sleep to start off our Christmas trip. I complained again at checkout and the clerk said there was nothing he could do. I complained to the GM afterward and was given some points in compensation.

If you're a heavy sleeper, this hotel should be fine. If not, it's fine as long as the hotel is quiet, but I'm going to shop around for other options next time I need to stay around Flint.