Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Not able to add HH # to res w/o giving CC#

Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat

Found this strange and frustrating. My company has reserved 200 rooms for an event at a Hilton hotel. One room is reserved for me. My company has the master bill and will be responsible for any no shows (the room will end up on my cost center and corp amex).

Call the diamond line to add my HH# and was asked for my cc#. I told her the room has already been guar'd by a cc and I was in a bit of a hurry.

She told me she could not add my HH # to the reservation in my name without getting my CC info.

Am I the only one that finds this odd and a bit of a hassle?

I eventually tracked down the local Sales rep who gladly added it.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It may well have something to do with this:

A Member whose individual hotel bill is billed directly to a company and the Member is responsible for authorization for settlement at check-out is eligible for HHonors points as described herein. However, group master-billing arrangements where charges for multiple rooms are placed on one hotel bill and billed to a company or common address or settled at check-out by one individual are not eligible for HHonors points. Incidental charges (those charged to a Member's room) paid for directly by the Member at check-out are eligible for point credit. Incidental charges billed to a master bill are not eligible for point credit.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...rual_of_points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.