Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Peppep
What do you do when they ask for ID?
Errm, I show them the relevant i.e. public sector ID?!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Errm, I show them the relevant i.e. public sector ID?!
How would I know if you're eligible to use the rate? I'm sure 90% of the people in this thread are using discounts without being eligible.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
o PR09PN, PR13CB no id required.

o PR11PN government public employee rate .. ID is Required
Is this UK government employee or US government employee?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Hmmm, be careful , MANDC got asked for id at Hilton tower bridge last month!.
What type of ID did he show? Govt or Corp?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by Kadence
Is this UK government employee or US government employee?
This is a UK specific public sector code. If they ask for ID, only UK issued/assocaiated would theoretically be accepted.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MrHilton
Used PR11PN a lot and have never been asked for any form of ID.. .

About a month ago, the London + European hotel PR13CB rate seemed to get pulled by the usual participating hotels. We kind of speculated that PR13CB was being too widely used due to the info being out there in all the blogs so hotels needed to drop the offer as no one was booking full ADR/Flex rates.

I like many here, will book Flex 3+ months out, to lock in rates, and swap to PR13CB if available 7days (or less) before stay if a significant saving and still bookable. If instead of PR13CB one switches to PR11PN I would be think hotel will more likely ask to check for ID.

At the time our usual hotels pulled the PR13CB (no id check needed) rate, but still carried on with participating in PR11PN (UK Gov Employee Rate, ID Required) these hotels asked right away for ID, no doubt to counteract those stayers no longer able to book PR13CB and obviously trying instead to use PR11PN that they were not entitled to.

Before that, hotels offering same nights on both PR13CB, PR11PN never bothered to check ID as discounted room rates were so similar.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jun 5, 2014 at 1:49 am
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
About a month ago, the London + European hotel PR13CB rate seemed to get pulled by the usual participating hotels. We kind of speculated that PR13CB was being too widely used due to the info being out there in all the blogs so hotels needed to drop the offer as no one was booking full ADR/Flex rates.

I like many here, will book Flex 3+ months out, to lock in rates, and swap to PR13CB if available 7days (or less) before stay if a significant saving and still bookable. If instead of PR13CB one switches to PR11PN I would be think hotel will more likely ask to check for ID.

At the time our usual hotels pulled the PR13CB (no id check needed) rate, but still carried on with participating in PR11PN (UK Gov Employee Rate, ID Required) these hotels asked right away for ID, no doubt to counteract those stayers no longer able to book PR13CB and obviously trying instead to use PR11PN that they were not entitled to.

Before that, hotels offering same nights on both PR13CB, PR11PN never bothered to check ID as discounted room rates were so similar.
It could be that hotels in the UK are checking the id's but I used the rate in france last week and no questions asked...
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MrHilton
It could be that hotels in the UK are checking the id's but I used the rate in france last week and no questions asked...
On the odd ocassion (as written earlier, maybe 20-25% of stays since autumn) I've been asked both in UK and Germany.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: HH D
I like many here, will book Flex 3+ months out, to lock in rates, and swap to PR13CB if available 7days (or less) before stay if a significant saving and still bookable.
I guess it's people like you and John Olilia of Loyaltylobby who nuked the rate. Members who were allowed to use this group code knew they were not allowed to discuss it, not even to write it down or print it. It was a rate code for private leisure trips only.

The reason it was bookable by everyone is because any rate type will be bookable through Hilton's own website. It wasn't different from any other corporate code. But that doesn't make it a rate that should be used by everybody or get promoted on web blogs time and again.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sisosig
I guess it's people like you and John Olilia of Loyaltylobby who nuked the rate. Members who were allowed to use this group code knew they were not allowed to discuss it, not even to write it down or print it. It was a rate code for private leisure trips only.

The reason it was bookable by everyone is because any rate type will be bookable through Hilton's own website. It wasn't different from any other corporate code. But that doesn't make it a rate that should be used by everybody or get promoted on web blogs time and again.
In one word "RUBBISH !" . This is not a corporate code, which would be a numeric corporate code to be in the company rate box when searching .. BUT a promotional PRxxxx code and is not entered in the corporate box on a search.

1. It is promotional rate for corporate employees, which includes company I work for, THAT WE CAN USE on personal stays too. Actually I am encouraged to use the code as often the corporate rate is higher with Hilton than standard rates (unlike with IHG where corporate code discounts the cost)

2. Various rates including PR13CB are disclosed here in FT for quite some time, from well before I signed upto FT just 18months ago.

3. You are crazy to suggest my replies in FT, to posts already revealing PRxxxxx code and useage, helped nuke the rate. There is with internet age a preponderance of blogs, moneysaving sites all mentioning numerous discount codes across many areas of spend, not just travel. Historically I just would say booked hotel aaaaaa at PRxxxx rate w/o disclosing value as most promo rates are of form PR and I still do.

3. Replying to others posts that already divulge a marketied promo code makes zero difference .

4. And afterall is not the title of this thread a give-away, a thread to discuss codes. Not that I remember ever finding worthwhile first time knowlege of a discount code to use in this thread.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jun 5, 2014 at 6:55 pm
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: HH D
This is what it says on my (German language) Corporate Benefits page:

Vertraulichkeit der Angebote!

Bitte berücksichtigen Sie bei der Nutzung dieser Plattform folgende Punkte:
•Die Angebote basieren auf Großkunden- und Firmenkonditionen
•Die Angebote und Konditionen sind vertraulich
Die Angebote werden eingestellt, sollten die Konditionen extern bekannt werden
•Kommunizieren Sie die Angebote und Konditionen nicht extern
•Drucken Sie die Angebote nicht aus

Google translation:
Confidentiality of tenders!

Please remember when using this platform the following points:
• The services are based on wholesale and corporate rates
• The offers and terms are confidential
• The offers will be cancelled should the conditions become known externally
• Do not communicate the offers and conditions externally
• Do not print out the deals

Under Q&A it says:

Was ist bei der Bestellung zu berücksichtigen?

Das Angebot ist gültig nach Verfügbarkeit für Aufenthalte bis Ende 2014 und darf nur für private Reisen verwendet werden. Die genauen Buchungsbestimmungen entnehmen Sie bitte den Details.

Which translates into:

What should be considered when ordering?

The offer is subject to availability for stays until the end of 2014 and may only be used for personal travel. For the exact booking rules, please refer to the details.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by majorthom
Very limited budget, need to stay in NYC for 5 nights.
Good luck with that!

If on a limited budget you will not be able to find any Hilton hotels in Manhattan. Consider a budget hotel (will not be easy in Manhattan though) or stay outside Manhattan, e.g. New Jersey.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
What's the lowest rate for hilton hotels in NYC with code applied?

Welcome to FT majorthom!

As SK AAR has mentioned, NYC and small budget to not match very well, however depending when you plan to travel there are some very good rates for NYC standards. In some weekends in august there are some nice deals.

Have a nice trip!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:35 am

Well, there have been reports of free stsys on mistake rates from time to time. Does that help? Your welcome.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:15 pm

What is your budget, dates and bed requirements? Does it have to be a hilton?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.