Go Back   > > >

Old Aug 2, 14, 12:42 pm   #181

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH & HY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisosig View Post
This is what it says on my (German language) Corporate Benefits page:
That is fine that YOUR company says that. But that does not obligate Hilton to it in any way. Hilton wants people to use their codes if they are associated with it. YMMV
EasternTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 14, 2:25 am   #182

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, MH Enrich Gold, OW Sapphire
If using codes like PR13CB would it affect room upgrade eligibility for Gold members? Just looking out for any caveats in case it means I'd lose benefits/no points for a discounted rate.
wantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 14, 3:53 am   #183

Programs: HH DIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler View Post
That is fine that YOUR company says that. But that does not obligate Hilton to it in any way. Hilton wants people to use their codes if they are associated with it. YMMV
The quotes came from the official "Corporate Benefits" website (which has a different name in the German language). It offers a generic employee purchase platform, and has a generic website. Just the starting/login page reflects your own company. For example it would be like ibm.<website.name>, lufthansa.<website.name>, mercedes.<website.name>, shell.<website.name> etc.

The conditions for using the CB/Hitlon code (which is dead now in Europe) are equal for every participant: use it for private trips and do not disclose it.
Sisosig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 14, 11:16 am   #184

Everyone here is an adult.
I'm a retired district court judge, former prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, and Assistant US Attorney. I've practiced law for four decades. I've never seen (or heard) of ONE person being prosecuted for using ANY hotel discount code. That doesn't mean somewhere, some person was unlucky. It does mean, that its likely to have never happened, given the volume of real crimes being committed every hour in the USA.

Bottom line, we are all free to choose. Frankly, what others do is no business of the the sanctimonious preachers among us.

Happy and safe travels to all.
IH8BIZTRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 14, 1:23 pm   #185
cjd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8BIZTRAVEL View Post
Everyone here is an adult.
I'm a retired district court judge, former prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, and Assistant US Attorney. I've practiced law for four decades. I've never seen (or heard) of ONE person being prosecuted for using ANY hotel discount code. That doesn't mean somewhere, some person was unlucky. It does mean, that its likely to have never happened, given the volume of real crimes being committed every hour in the USA.

Bottom line, we are all free to choose. Frankly, what others do is no business of the the sanctimonious preachers among us.

Happy and safe travels to all.
Welcome to Flyertalk, IH8BIZTRAVEL. I have often used the PR Hilton discount codes, but mainly in the UK and Europe. Never had a problem, yet. I think most people's concerns are turning up at the hotel and being refused the room at the discount rate if they're not entitled to it. They could then be asked to pay the going rate, which could be considerably more. I'll just keep taking my chances.
cjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 14, 2:55 pm   #186

Programs: HH DIA
As a European, I can only wonder how many innocent people you have sent to prison forcing them to take a plea bargain. Must be thousands in a fourty year career. Sleep well on your Hilton stays.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone can use any corporate or promotion code they are not entitled to. My problem goes with the people who keep promoting codes that are not meant for the general public, time and again, like they are meant to be used that way, on weblogs and in other places.

For as far as I know, the Corporate Benefits code, which was only meant for honest trustworthy hardworking people, and worked great until recently, is now defunct because of that.

The Corparate Benefits code has never worked for hotels in the US of A. So it's beyond your jurisdiction.

Last edited by Sisosig; Aug 4, 14 at 1:48 pm
Sisosig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 14, 12:13 am   #187

Could anyone provide Hilton Corporate Code of Citigroup? Thanks.
francoisyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 14, 12:18 am   #188

Programs: DL GM, UA PG, WN CP, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold
Any reason why the IBM code is now coming up invalid?
FlyHigh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 14, 12:45 am   #189

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23 View Post
Works for me. Sometimes certain codes don't work at specific hotels. I've never used the IBM code so I don't know how widely it's supposed to work.
docbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 14, 4:02 am   #190

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Gold, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23 View Post
try both, as have option of, usa ibm code + international ibm code.
scubaccr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 14, 11:46 pm   #191

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, QFF
Hi folks,
I've read (almost) this entire thread and tried all the codes mentioned, but I cannot see any change in price. Just wondering if anyone is prepared to double check or see if they can get a better deal than me? 92 per night is the best I can see....and I dont really want to pre-pay in full if I can help it. Or 109USD for stay and save.
Hilton Opera Hanoi
December 18 through January 3rd

Thanks for any advice you guru's can offer me. :-)
ausbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 14, 1:35 am   #192

When booking online always select government price. Out of my hundreds of stays, I've only been asked to provide ID maybe 2-3 times. If you're Diamond member, there's a good chance they won't question you.
kenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 14, 9:32 am   #193

Programs: AA LT Plat; UA Silver; SPG Plat (LTG); Hyatt Dia; IHG Plat; HHonors Gold; MR Plat; VSN 5-Star Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenon View Post
When booking online always select government price. Out of my hundreds of stays, I've only been asked to provide ID maybe 2-3 times. If you're Diamond member, there's a good chance they won't question you.
Welcome to FT, I think.

IMO, your first post does not set you up to earn any ethics award not that that was what you were trying to achieve. Again IMO we on FT should be assisting other members and providing advice that is within the rules of the HHonors program or other frequent flyer/stay programs not providing advice on how to cheat a business.
controller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 14, 5:45 pm   #194

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold
Hey guys! Do you have anything for Paris properties? The only thing I'm getting is the TEAM USA rate for the Waldorf in Versailles, but the code is actually making it more expensive than an offer that they currently have... Any tips?
Delta Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 14, 5:26 pm   #195

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), CX Diamond+, VS Gold, SPG Gold, AmEx Cent
Any codes for Singapore 3rd-17th November? Thanks!
EGW1 is offline   Reply With Quote