Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Grand Vacations Club® Bonus Offers, Specials and Solicitations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Grand Vacations Club® Bonus Offers, Specials and Solicitations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:50 am

Programs: UA
Thanks for all your replies. I am somewhere flexible (my wife is a University Professor so her part is easy since she doens't teach at that time) but I can't plan the dates before around Christmas because of the company I work for and the schedule there but I am reasonable flexible in general.
So I will wait for their call and sing up for the offer. I can still hit them up on the Hilton benefits but the 200 offered Hilton dollars already cover at least the breakfast for the 4 night deal.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Negotiate your timeshare presentation promo deal. This is what I eventually ended up with at the Hilton in NYC:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...t=#post9460295
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:41 pm

We were there last year in a 1 bd suite fully equipped with a kitchen, washer/dryer and plasma tv 3 nights $149 + $50 gaming chips (they just give you $50 cash) + 5k HH points, 2 hr. promo spiel (just sit there and nod until the time to say no comes up) you should be in and out without problems within the allotted time. The suite was very nice and clean everything we wanted I would definetely do it again for that price came out to $33/day including a kitchen. It is a bit further from the main attractions but within 20min walking distance (we preferred this to the racket downstream).
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
This really seems like more of a Hilton HHonors forum topic (where it has already been discussed quite a lot), rather than a "hotel deal" per se. (Given that most of the "hotel deals" on this forum are pretty lame, though, maybe it really does qualify as a "deal" after all.... )
One other Senior Moderator and I tend to agree with you.

The new home for this thread is now the Hilton forum.

Regards,

Canarsie
Senior Moderator and
Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
Old Jun 17, 2008, 3:29 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by FreedomAir
We were there last year in a 1 bd suite fully equipped with a kitchen, washer/dryer and plasma tv 3 nights $149 + $50 gaming chips (they just give you $50 cash) + 5k HH points, 2 hr. promo spiel (just sit there and nod until the time to say no comes up) you should be in and out without problems within the allotted time. The suite was very nice and clean everything we wanted I would definetely do it again for that price came out to $33/day including a kitchen. It is a bit further from the main attractions but within 20min walking distance (we preferred this to the racket downstream).
I'm assuming this is Las Vegas... but I'm curious, which HGVC property (Strip, Flamingo or LV Hilton) did you stay at?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:54 am

Question about the timeshare qualifications.

It states you must make at least 80k to qualify for the package. How do they verify that? Would they call my employer? My employer does not give out that kind of info, they would only verify employment. If I went and chose not to buy, do they "hassle you"? Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by happymom2008
It states you must make at least 80k to qualify for the package. How do they verify that? Would they call my employer? My employer does not give out that kind of info, they would only verify employment. If I went and chose not to buy, do they "hassle you"? Thanks.
Can anyone help me with this question?
Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA,DL,HH,CO
My sister and I have raised attending these things to an art form. We go to almost every offer we get as long as it's Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, etc. They're always pretty close to the time promised. We continue to behave as if interested, and always say that we are not going to decide until we have a chance to check out "x" property at "x" location, and invariably another opportunity soon arises. It's a great way to travel on the cheap. We have teenagers, so getting these vacation destinations with full kitchens is a HUGE money saver for us. We book the presentation for 8am, get it out of the way before the kids are even up and about, and then enjoy a great vacation.

DO NOT go to any of these sponsored by non-hotel companies. I made that mistake years ago and was trapped for almost an entire day. We had to pay the hotel full-price up front, and were promised a voucher to get a credit ONLY if we stayed until the end of the presentation, and they withheld it for HOURS while they kept pouring on the high pressure sales. I'll never do a non-name-hotel timeshare again.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA,DL,HH,CO
They have no way of verifying (and it would be illegal for your employer to give out that information without your written consent). My sister doesn't make even close to $80K and she gets the offers as readily as I do. We've never been asked for any sort of verification.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 5:47 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by happymom2008
Can anyone help me with this question?
Thanks!
In all of my experience attending HGVC presentations, I have never been asked to verify income.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 8:04 am

Thanks!

You guys ROCK!
Old Oct 3, 2008, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After searching it seems like this is the most appropriate thread to post in, so here it goes.

I remember a while back there were all kinds of offers for package deals for going to a timeshare presentation, offering bonus HH points, etc (I have the email in front of me). It seems like that expired the end of June though. Anyone know if there's a similar offer out there now?

Gracias!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Here are the current offers although they don't include points:
http://www.hgvcfriendsandfamily.com/
http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/...e-specials.php

If you are near a HGVC property and set up a tour, you can get points for doing it.

Just remember to buy resale, not from the developer.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! Looks like I spoke to early, since I just got an email from Hilton offering basically the same thing they had before -- either Hawaii or Vegas for cheap, plus the option of HH bonus points.^
Old Nov 17, 2008, 9:55 am

20K HA miles for HGVC Oahu or Big Isle

Got this e-mail today from HA. Seriously considering it for a cheap trip to the Big Island.

Hawaii Getaway Package
$499* 5 Days & 4 Nights for Two

Includes:
• 20,000 HawaiianMiles**
• Hilton accomodations for two
on Oahu or the Big Island of Hawaii

Bonus — Reserve by December 1, 2008 and receive an additional 2,500 HawaiianMiles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.