Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Posts older than 2015 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 25, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Just for future stays if any, the rate you paid for a car to Pattaya is greatly inflated. I make that trip all the time in a very nice car such as a Lexus etc for 1500 baht.

The same rate I get from numerous sources . Always on time with good drivers and everything included.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by kapkap46
Just for future stays if any, the rate you paid for a car to Pattaya is greatly inflated. I make that trip all the time in a very nice car such as a Lexus etc for 1500 baht.

The same rate I get from numerous sources . Always on time with good drivers and everything included.
Hi,

I understand that the 4000 baht mentioned by our colleague is for a return trip and the driver was at their disposal for the whole day.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
distance between hilton and doubletree sukhumvit

Can I ask if the 2 hotels Hilton and DoubleTree Sukhumvit are indeed within walking distance between each other and suitable to for mattress runs if I need to switch hotels, and the walking path is near enough and suitable to lug the suitcases over to the opposite hotel?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Can I ask if the 2 hotels Hilton and DoubleTree Sukhumvit are indeed within walking distance between each other and suitable to for mattress runs if I need to switch hotels, and the walking path is near enough and suitable to lug the suitcases over to the opposite hotel?
They are adjacent and share staff. You couldn't get any closer.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
You walk out the back of the Doubletree, across a courtyard, and into the back of the Hilton. If it took you 45 seconds you'd be walking slowly.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Absolutely suitable. They are back to back and you literally walk out of one straight into the other.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Sure, but mattress running for Hilton status is of questionable value when Hilton will give you Diamond if you can fog a mirror and fill out a credit card application... and there are even options for Gold overseas (which is the common complaint, that US Hilton status via credit card is easy, but overseas status is harder).

I also think that hotel status in Bangkok's overrated- it's a city where for $80 USD a night you can be in a perfectly fine 3.5-4 star furnished apartment, $100 should get you a very solid 4-5 star business hotel, and the food is plentiful and cheap (and upgrades to suites are often a very modest cash premium). Most Western chains are pricing based on the cachet of the chain's name, and the local options tend to give better value- if you're willing to go outside the box of "must stay in a Marriott/Hilton/Hyatt/Starwood and get the shiny card because I need my morning corn flakes in the Executive Lounge" you'll find great deals.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Thank you for all your replies!

Is there any other Hiltons in the World that are so close to each other?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:35 am

In Denver, there is a Homewood Suites and a Hampton that are literally in the same building.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Thank you for all your replies!

The HGI FRA and Hilton FRA are next to each other in the same building, an easy walk from FRA T1.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Sure, but mattress running for Hilton status is of questionable value when Hilton will give you Diamond if you can fog a mirror and fill out a credit card application... and there are even options for Gold overseas (which is the common complaint, that US Hilton status via credit card is easy, but overseas status is harder).

I also think that hotel status in Bangkok's overrated- it's a city where for $80 USD a night you can be in a perfectly fine 3.5-4 star furnished apartment, $100 should get you a very solid 4-5 star business hotel, and the food is plentiful and cheap (and upgrades to suites are often a very modest cash premium). Most Western chains are pricing based on the cachet of the chain's name, and the local options tend to give better value- if you're willing to go outside the box of "must stay in a Marriott/Hilton/Hyatt/Starwood and get the shiny card because I need my morning corn flakes in the Executive Lounge" you'll find great deals.

Must be nice to think that fogging a mirror and filling out an application gets you Diamond Status.

Unfortunately it is not true and I think charging $40,000 of my own money on 1 CC is quite an investment to get Diamond status.

But then again I am not using other peoplers money , so there would be no way for me to charge $40,000 on one CC in a year unless I decided I never wanted to earn any airline miles and only Hilton points.

I don't think so!!!!! I earn my Diamond Status the old fashioned way with stays or nights!!!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:22 pm

Can someone please recommend whether its better to pay 30k in HH per night or pay $50 USD and 12k points for either the Conrad or Millennium? Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by bmms8
Can someone please recommend whether its better to pay 30k in HH per night or pay $50 USD and 12k points for either the Conrad or Millennium? Thanks!
Plenty of threads (not Bangkok related) on the value of Points versus Points & Cash. In general the consensus is that Points & Cash is a good option. It always works for me because I prefer to stretch my points over multiple stays.

In fact in Bangkok I always pay cash in full as prices are so cheap. Better to use the points in expensive places such as Hong Kong.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
Plenty of threads (not Bangkok related) on the value of Points versus Points & Cash. In general the consensus is that Points & Cash is a good option. It always works for me because I prefer to stretch my points over multiple stays.

In fact in Bangkok I always pay cash in full as prices are so cheap. Better to use the points in expensive places such as Hong Kong.
Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking points & cash is my best option as well!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.