Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 1999, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: CLE, UA MM, UA Premier Plat, Bonvoy Titanium UA Club
Arrow Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Would you ever stay there again? Why or Why not?
Old Oct 4, 1999, 5:47 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, best in the area IMHO. Big rooms, all the recreational amenities, family friendly with decent food and service.
Old Apr 13, 2001, 8:06 am
Original Member

Hilton Marco Island, FL

Searched and found one "hit" in October, 1999. Anyone stayed at the subject since October, 1999? How is it now?
Old Apr 13, 2001, 9:38 am

Never stayed there; I live in Naples, near Marco.

Hotel has a good reputation. It is a resort type
hotel - direct on the beach/Gulf of Mexico.

It is a bit smaller than the Marriott nearby.
I have frieds they come every year to the Hilton and/or Marriott.
Actually, I like like the Ritz Carlton in
Naples much more; very classy & elegant - Hilton
is a busy beach resort, good for families with kids, Marriott even more so.

In Naples opened a new Hilton (with a Don Shula
steakhouse). Very nice. However, not on the beach. Beach (next to Registry Resort) is about 1 mile away.
Old Apr 13, 2001, 11:54 am

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Jaws, when are you going? I was thinking of going there in July. Maybe one of us can give the other a report.
Old Apr 13, 2001, 1:37 pm
Original Member

"cm"

Also thinking about July, but am not sure on the dates yet. Need to use some of those HHonors points and CO miles.
Old Apr 14, 2001, 10:14 am
E

Was there last summer in June for a family vacation. Used POINT SAVERS and got two adjoining rooms with gulf view on the 6th floor or so...great views!!! Got to watch the dolphins play in the surf each morning.

The property is quite nice...all rooms are "junior suites" with fridge, balcony, etc. As other people stated, a great place for families. The pool is large and well kept, and the beach area is clean and the water teriffic!

Plenty of great restaurants on the island, and Naples is not too far away as well. A ton of golf courses (both public and private) within an hour's drive. We also went Manatee watching on a local boat trip.

If you want more detailed info, just Email me privately. I would highly recommend the place.
Old Apr 14, 2001, 7:14 pm

Stayed there in Oct 99 and agree with the above posts. It is good family resort and the beach quality is really good as is most of the southern west coast of FL. The service was good and problems such as a faulty a/c part were immediately fixed. We had a 10th floor room with a stunning view of the coastline. The 11th floor is made up solely of two bedroom suites. The rooms were nice. Make sure you get a room NOT facing the Radisson next door, it cuts the view alot. There are a couple of one bedroom suites on each floor in the middle and at the ends I think. Overall it was a good experience for my family but the Marriott is also very nice has three pools and alot more activity. The Marriot has corner end rooms called King Sunset rooms. We stayed there in June 97. The room is typical Marriot but the view was spectacular. The white sand beaches in the area are soft and do not get too hot so kids and adults can walk on the sand barefoot. If you stay in the area drive around to the other side of the island to admire some million dollar homes.

The Hilton usually takes 50% off coupons and the like. As nice as Marco Island is, and I would stay there again, Naples has some fantastic resorts (Ritz, Registry etc). If the price is equal go to Naples. If the price is less stay in Marco and pay a visit to Naples and its picture postcard perfectly manicured properties.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 9:41 am

DO NOT try to save a buck by staying at the Radisson next door. I stayed there last winter and after walking around both properties, wished I had paid the extra money for Hilton.
Old Nov 7, 2001, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Points/miles worth $40 more? (Marco Island)

Thinking of staying here early in December. I could probably get a room through priceline.com for $60+tax. Cheapest online rate (AAA) is $89.

Would the extra $35 or so be worth 500 miles + 2,600+ points? Has anyone had any Gold VIP benefits experience with this property? I think someone had a battle of the breakfasts issue here.
Old Nov 8, 2001, 7:20 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I'm not a big fan of spending extra money just to "buy" points and/or miles.

In this situation, if you use a somewhat standard 2 cents/mile and 1 cent/HHonor point you come out with $36, almost exactly what you'd be spending extra ... is it worth it to you ... only a question you can answer ...
Old Nov 8, 2001, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
In general, the extra points are not worth the difference. However, if the stay may have an effect on status (Gold, Platinum), then it may be more beneficial to pay the extra dollars.
Old Nov 19, 2001, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Took the advice (thanks) and got the place as a 3* for $110 for 2 nts in early December inc. taxes (best rates are $89 & 80.10 for the 2 nts). Since the property was wishy-washy about Gold VIP recoqnition, I decided to go for the lowest price.
Old Nov 25, 2001, 8:19 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort Trip Reports and Reviews

Just returned from a paid-stay Thanksgiving vacation at this property.

Upon checkin (3pm)was recognized as diamond and offered upgraded room. Was given the quote "usually we upgrade diamonds to a suite, but we can not at this time" Saw upgraded room #815 and it was fine, GREAT VIEW of Marco.
Forgot to ask for breakfast coupons (more on that later).

Tip: All rooms are angled, therefore there are no direct ocean front rooms (that I could tell). Try for rooms above 2nd floor (I thought pool noise was excessive on the 8th) and for a view, request rooms ending in 15,14,13,12 (these rooms have the terrific North/ocean facing rooms. there is a large building to the South of the Hilton that blocks your view.

At 4pm received a call from the manager on duty asking if everything is OK w/the room. I always like that touch, even if I don't receive the call and it is on the voicemail.

Property is on the beach, nice pool area although at this time of the year the sun did not hit 1/2 the pool area due to the hotel blocking it. They have water sports (sail, waverunners). Went for a great sail to the south of Marco Island and then back to the Hilton, with the strong wind only took an hour.

The hotel has the various Hilton hotel restaurant menus posted in a display case, which we thought was nice, but at our first lunch realized the menu had changed extensively. Lunch is expensive and IMO not worth it. there is a great self proclaimed "NY style deli" called the Fat Pelican just across the street from the Hilton which serves very large and fair priced sandwiches.
It is adjacent to an Irish pub that serves very fair priced and good food. Stay away from Bimini which is also close the Hilton, YUCK! Excellent seafood served at Pelican Bend on Isle of Capri just 10 minute drive from Hilton.

Got back after our first evening out and realized I had not asked for breakfast coupons (there is no executive lounge). Front desk person said the upgrade was all they gave Diamonds/Golds. I of course said that is not the case and told her I would return w/the printout of the Hilton HHonors perks from the HHonors website (THANK YOU to whoever suggested doing this in the FT Hilton section, this has made my life easier at Non-compliant properties and hopefully HHonors members after me!!!!) Front desk said "oh thanks, we'll give this to our managers, but can not give you breakfast coupons" In a very polite tone, I asked to see the manager who was on duty. Tom the manager was very prompt in arriving from another area of the hotel and upon examination of my printout gave me enough for my wife and I during the duration of our stay. Tom also kept apologizing. I mentioned it is not the hotel's fault, it is a Hilton Corporate training/enforcement issue. Vouchers are for continental breakfast ($6.95 value), the full breakfast buffet is $12.95.

The beach at Marco is very soft and nice, Marco is also very close (20) minute drive to Naples and close to two entrances to Everglades National Park (which was VERY interesting to hike around in). I also did a backwater fishing trip, caught nearly 50 fish. Unfortunately I did this on the morning we were leaving or else there are restaurants that will clean and cook you catch.

If anyone is interested, email me and I'll email you photo of view,pool and beach area.
Old Nov 25, 2001, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sweet Willie, thanks for the report. Will be staying there the upcoming weekend on a priceline rate. Doubt they'll extend anything to me (as Gold VIP)!

Please do send photos to the address in my profile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.