Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
doubletree french quarter New Orleans on canal

No suite upgrade. Supposedly received an upgrade to a delxue room but doesnt seem like an upgrade to me.

They also downgraded the diamond breakfast. Used to be a full hot breakfast and now its the same cont. breakfast golds received in the past.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: Yes please
Dumblane Doubletree Hydro

Standard twin -> superior twin
It's an upgrade, Jim, but not as we know it.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
No suite at SF financial district. They also give lounge access to all gold's and the lounge was packed this morning and they wouldn't give me certificates for the restaurant. At least the SF Union Square will give diamonds a full breakfast buffet and Starbuck's vouchers
I've given up at both Hilton's in SF. I never even get a decent room as a Diamond unless I argue at checkin. I'm not talking a suite upgrade, just a king bed on a decent floor.

Of every Hilton in the world, these are the two I've had the worst experiences at.

I'm amazed there is a thread about suite upgrades. I've been Diamond for a decade and of my 50 Hilton nights so far this year, not one has been a suite upgrade.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bldr1k
I've given up at both Hilton's in SF. I never even get a decent room as a Diamond unless I argue at checkin. I'm not talking a suite upgrade, just a king bed on a decent floor.

Of every Hilton in the world, these are the two I've had the worst experiences at.

I'm amazed there is a thread about suite upgrades. I've been Diamond for a decade and of my 50 Hilton nights so far this year, not one has been a suite upgrade.
Wow, last year I stayed at the Hilton next to the TransAmerica building on an award and got upgraded to a beautiful very high floor room with an outstanding view of the bay. First time at the hotel. Was for 1 night. No suite upgrade but was a great room.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Conrad Dublin

Booked King Classic on Points & Cash rate, received same, but on Seventh floor.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SouthOxon
Standard twin -> superior twin
It's an upgrade, Jim, but not as we know it.
Did they have higher inventory? I know they have no Twin suites unless you wanted a sofa bed.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: Yes please
Originally Posted by hugolover
Did they have higher inventory? I know they have no Twin suites unless you wanted a sofa bed.
I did indeed specify twin.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Hilton Newport. Twin to twin deluxe. they only have 2 suites (I think). However, generally treated well here.

Birmingham Metropole. Single to queen exec. Still pretty good, junior suite available for 25. Recently seems a bit hit and miss here, but I like the hotel a lot.

Hampton Exeter no upgrade, although I am unsure if they have upgraded inventory. A room on a high floor would have been nice though (as per preferences) and on the field side, not the road side. Stay overall fine, but was a "normal" guest. Had to ask for diamond drink/ snack and room was not available at 4pm.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: Meh
42 stays in Hiltons and Conrads this year and yet to see a suite. In fact as a 5 year diamond I have never seen a suite. Upgrades yes, but never a suite.....
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bldr1k
There are 3 Hiltons in SF. I got a suite upgrade at Fishermans Wharf one of two stays; one of many stays at Chinatown/Financial District I got a "luxury" floor room; one of three (I think) stays at Union Square I got a suite.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Hilton SF union square - points stay 4 nights - upgraded to small renovated room in Tower 3. No suite offered.

Last edited by Michael19887; Sep 4, 2013 at 9:09 pm
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by sethb
There are 3 Hiltons in SF. I got a suite upgrade at Fishermans Wharf one of two stays; one of many stays at Chinatown/Financial District I got a "luxury" floor room; one of three (I think) stays at Union Square I got a suite.
If the "luxury" floor at the Financial District is the same as an "exec level", that really isn't an upgrade. They have several exec levels.

I stayed at Union Square last weekend with Mrs Reds and we booked a second room for the little reds with her gold status and the upgraded both rooms to jr. suites^^^ The union square Hilton seems to treat diamonds better than the Financial District Hilton does.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton Warsaw - booked King Standard and received King Executive Deluxe.

Others have mentioned here they have been upgraded to suites at this property. I have never been lucky but, in any case, I like very much this hotel.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by stevie
42 stays in Hiltons and Conrads this year and yet to see a suite. In fact as a 5 year diamond I have never seen a suite. Upgrades yes, but never a suite.....
How proactive are you in requesting upgrades? Do you ask in the comments box when making your reservation, and again at the FD when checking in?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
If the "luxury" floor at the Financial District is the same as an "exec level", that really isn't an upgrade. They have several exec levels.
It's something like the top 1/3 of the hotel, so not even an exec level. (But I got lounge access anyway, for all stays.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.