Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmifly
I'll continue to push for them at each stay.

bmifly
We have the same attitude, you can only ask. Posts should only go in the failure thread if you've failed after you've asked. Many properties will only do the bare minimum but need a little push to get going.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by iainbhx
You were lucky, due to the website, I've occasionally experienced smokers downgrades followed by a rate battle. At the Conrad HKG I'm running at one downgrade and two getting the room I booked and only one access to the EL which to be honest, is fine, I may be a heretic but I'm not that mad on the Conrad HKG lounge.
It was late and I had just arrived after a 15 hour flight from SFO so I wasn't in the mood to argue after seeing the room but I am returning next week at an earlier time and I will try again. There are nicer rooms not on the EFs such as junior suites and I'll try to get one of those at least. I don't really care about the harbor view as it's only a partial view anyway from the 50th floor and when I used to live in Hong Kong, I had a view of the entire western harbor. I agree with everybody that we should push for a real upgrade with the new policy.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:55 pm

Hilton Fallsview, Niagara Falls, ON

Offered same (upgraded) as before. Did not press the point at check-in.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: Meh
5 seperate stays in Conrads and Hiltons in the Far-East. Zero upgrades to suites, but did not mind, quality of hotel/lounge was super.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Fail at Doubletree Atlanta Springlake. Received 2 Queen standard room. I pressed them a bit and they said to check back in a few days.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:11 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hilton Tower Bridge

Checked in early this am. 10.30.
"as a Diamond member we have upgraded you to an Executive Floor Room"
... !! I pointed out politely that I had paid for an executive floor room and asked if I could be upgraded to the next room category. Agent said no as the next room category was a suite and they were fully booked. None are available for reservation so at least this part is true.
No amenities in room, GM letter etc.
Apparently a bottle of wine will be delivered later.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
... !! I pointed out politely that I had paid for an executive floor room and asked if I could be upgraded to the next room category. Agent said no as the next room category was a suite and they were fully booked. None are available for reservation so at least this part is true.

Could be correct, I tought that Hilton London tower bridge only had 1 suite, so the chance of getting it is so small...
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Is this post really appropriate for this thread? If suites were available I would say it would be and you have a legit complaint. But if the FD clerk was being honest and there were no suites available, I don't see where the property did anything wrong.

A bottle of wine is a nice welcome gift.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Is this post really appropriate for this thread? If suites were available I would say it would be and you have a legit complaint. But if the FD clerk was being honest and there were no suites available, I don't see where the property did anything wrong.

A bottle of wine is a nice welcome gift.
I believe that it is appropriate. Still waiting for the bottle of wine. I am also in one of the smallest rooms on my floor. There are larger "deluxe" rooms available. It is disappointing that I had to point out to the front desk that in fact I hadn't been upgraded. The check-in experience could have been better.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I believe that it is appropriate. Still waiting for the bottle of wine. I am also in one of the smallest rooms on my floor. There are larger "deluxe" rooms available. It is disappointing that I had to point out to the front desk that in fact I hadn't been upgraded. The check-in experience could have been better.
Sorry misread your post, thought you were posting because they didn't upgrade you to a suite. If there was a larger room available you should have been upgraded to it, especially seeing you paid for an exec room.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:05 pm

I pointed out politely that I had paid for an executive floor room and asked if I could be upgraded to the next room category. Agent said no as the next room category was a suite and they were fully booked.
You should have asked them to amend the reservation down to a "regular" room to rebate the rate, lol. Then they could have upgraded you back up to the "Executive" room - unless they then told you that all the Executive rooms were booked.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Hilton Osaka

No suite upgrade, and was charged 6000 Yen for a 3rd Person (bed).

Was a rewardstay with free night certificate. Perhaps that was the reason to not upgrade
Old Mar 14, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Thumbs down

Hilton Melbourne South Wharf..

Booked Standard room with points (50K per night) got standard room. (2 night stay)

Lounge as Diamond, it was just ok.. If you want sprits you need to ask as they are hidden in the back.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Hilton Warsaw

Booked standard room, got Executive room. Didn't request suite.

I was asked upon checkout how was the upgrade. I replied it was ok but didn't get anything extra as per new rules. The guy apologised that hotel was fully booked. That might be true, some event was hosted there. Lounge was crowded on the first night.

I haven't got any suite upgrades this year. Maybe upgrade success thread would be more informative...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dabee69
Didn't request suite
I think that could be part of your problem. With this new benefit I think its going to be rare that you will just be allocated a Suite without asking for one. Every time I have asked for a suite I have received one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.