Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some

Posts older than 2017 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Report your Diamond suite upgrade success here

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 31, 2018 at 8:30 pm
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: HH D
Booked KING HILTON GUEST ROOM at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya on Winter Sale, upgraded (after asking at check in) to KING PRESIDENTIAL SUITE + late check-out.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:23 am

Booked King Hilton Guest Room at Frankfurt Airport received a King Executive Corner Suite.

Original booking was in HH sale too!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:53 am

Hilton London Croydon -WSR basic room upgraded to Presidential Suite
Doubletree Hilton London Docklands - WSR basic upgraded to Executive Suite With Balcony
Hilton London Canary Wharf - WSR double room upgraded to Executive Suite
And the same for the next stay at the last two hotels trmw and Friday ^
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Hilton St Georges Park. Booked king room, upgraded to one bedroom suite with balcony. Very grateful for this.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by PayItForward
You showed FD that Presidential Suite is available and got it?
I would have to say you got lucky cos as far as I know, P.Suites are not typically part of the upgrades given to members.
Some properties may do that but it is not required.
No, just showed the junior/ executive suite availability. Seems I got presidential suite as probability of that getting booked is lowest.. just my guess..
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sethb
Hilton Manhattan East, booked standard room (MVP rate) Friday-Monday. Got upgraded to a King mini-suite with jacuzzi (but I did have to wait an hour to check in).
Looks like 3 of you reported getting upgrades to Suites. I'm not so lucky, had basic queen booked, received basic queen. All rooms are available to book. I wasn't even given the "expanded queen."

I'm typically only in each hotel for only 1-night, but it's been years since I've receive a suite and very rarely even get an executive room anymore.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL, AA, CX, Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt
Had a recent suite upgrade at the Hilton South Wharf - Melbourne. Had to ask at checkin for availability and was not available the first night, but definately worth it as the corner suite is both large and comfortable with a nice view.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
Windhoek Hilton paid King Guest Room, upgraded to Diplomatic Suite (phoned a day before to request it)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
DoubleTree Sonoma Wine Country - Booked King room with Balcony; upgraded to 2 room parlor suite
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Conrad St. James - booked King Grand Deluxe Room, upgraded to Junior Suite.
Cash stay, 3 nights over weekend
Used OLCI day before, arrived around 9 am the day of check-in to drop off bags and was provided the upgrade & early check-in. Pleasantly surprised
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:16 pm
jrx
Hilton Contributor Badge

Several data points from travel in the last month. As info, I joined HHonors 1/2016 and currently have 70+ nights with Hilton.

December 2016:

St. Louis Union Station Hotel Curio by Hilton, St. Louis, MO: Upgraded from a standard room to an executive room via the app. Deluxe suites were available and unsold. Despite at least a dozen stays with this property they have never put me in one of the nicer rooms in the station headhouse.

Hilton Garden Inn, Champaign, IL: No upgrades on account of no upgraded rooms at this property. The hotel did welcome me with a handwritten card and a certificate for a complimentary drink at the bar.

Hilton Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN: Upgraded from a standard room to a deluxe suite. Did not check in on the app, so the upgrade was given at checkin. Front desk also dramatically cut the parking rate because I arrived so late - a greatly appreciated gesture on their behalf.

January 2017:

Hampton Inn Freeport, Freeport, IL: No upgrades on account of no upgraded rooms at this property.

Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, Bloomington, MN: Upgraded from a standard room to a junior suite. Did not check in on the app, so the upgrade was given at checkin. Full suites appeared to be available.

The Marquette, Minneapolis, MN: Called the day before and politely asked for an upgrade, if possible. Was upgraded from a standard room to a deluxe suite.

Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes, Lino Lakes, MN: Upgraded from a standard room to a junior suite via the app.

Hampton Inn Duluth, Duluth, MN: Upgraded from a standard room to a junior suite. Did not check in on the app, so the upgrade was given at checkin. This was a surprise because the app and website do not list suites - the suites are out of inventory for an impending remodel.

The Lismore, Eau Claire, WI: Upgraded from a standard room to a junior suite [which was massive and gorgeous, and for all intents and purposes not "junior" at all]. Did not check in on the app, so the upgrade was given at checkin. Stay was a P+M reward stay.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Conrad Manila, booked Twin Premier Room, upgraded to Bayview King 1 bedroom suite
Cash stay.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Conrad tokyo for 1 night on a free night cert

upgraded at checkin to a corner suite after asking. I was already upgraded from a city view to a bay view room prior. The lady checking me in sounded as if that was a normal request and gave it with no issues. It was the only suite upgrade I had on my 8 different stays this month throughout Japan Malaysia and Singapore. 5 of the stays I got no upgrade at all.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
It was the only suite upgrade I had on my 8 different stays this month throughout Japan Malaysia and Singapore. 5 of the stays I got no upgrade at all.
You either need to update your profile or be quite thankful that you got suite upgrades at all. It's rare enough these days for Diamonds; extremely so for Golds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.