Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Upgraded to Hospitality Suite (complete with boardroom and separate living room) at Hampton Inn Ottawa
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:40 pm
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Over the last few days here in Bangkok got upgraded from standard rooms to suites at Hilton Sukhumvit, DT Sukhumvit and from a corner a Deluxe in the Conrad.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Kuala Lumpur Hilton: first stay an executive plus and the second a suite.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Hilton The Hague, Netherlands

Booked standard King (cash) on Any Weekend Anywhere rate for 1 night. Received nice upgrade to Executive King Suite - bedroom and seperate sitting room with nice bathroom and extra toilet.

Hotel is nice, 3 years old, good location, pleasant front desk staff. Executive Lounge is nothing to write home about, neither for breakfast or evening drinks. The floor was not clean either in the evening or the morning, tables were not cleared or cleaned. Breakfast items such as cheese were dried out.

Evening offers: wine, beer and soft drinks from 4.30pm till late (very generous times) but no spirits. Snacks were ok.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hilton San Francisco (Union Square): upgraded to a non-renovated mini-suite upon request (was originally booked into a renovated room). Pre-devaluation AXON stay last weekend.

Last edited by sethb; Feb 12, 2014 at 4:22 pm
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Hampton Inn Chillicothe, OH (out in the sticks) booked Deluxe King, upgraded to suite with kitchen and fireplace.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Hilton Brussels

Went to check in at 8:30am(just arrived on a flight), they advise they were upgrading me to a suite but it wouldn't be ready until 1pm. Declined and they checked me in immediately. Better than a Suite

Hilton Castle Budapest

Booked a Baraque suite on points(glitch as they were only 28k points for a short period of time) They upgraded me to a River View Suite. Some of the best views of ANY property that I have stayed..... Great upgrade! Lounge was decent, breakfast allowed in restaurant.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:51 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Today, Conrad Bangkok, Corner Deluxe to Suite with terrace.

Last edited by DUS; Feb 13, 2014 at 6:32 am
Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:36 am

Conrad Dublin. Booked a regular room and got upgraded to a junior suite. TY to the lady at the front desk!

View: The room had a wall to ceiling windows with a view of a roof and the building across the street.

Size: The room was huge corner room.

Bathroom: Standup shower, soak bathtub, and separate toilet room. Typical upgraded amenities that Conrad offers.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by sbams
Booked standard King (cash) on Any Weekend Anywhere rate for 1 night. Received nice upgrade to Executive King Suite - bedroom and seperate sitting room with nice bathroom and extra toilet.

Hotel is nice, 3 years old, good location, pleasant front desk staff. Executive Lounge is nothing to write home about, neither for breakfast or evening drinks. The floor was not clean either in the evening or the morning, tables were not cleared or cleaned. Breakfast items such as cheese were dried out.

Evening offers: wine, beer and soft drinks from 4.30pm till late (very generous times) but no spirits. Snacks were ok.

Strange, I never experienced the hotel like that ... I was a bit worried so I contacted the GM and she informed me the full range of drinks is still on offer until 30 minutes before lounge closing time.

It is unfortunately a trend at a lot of hotels to limit the offers to only beer and wine, I sincerely hope these hotels rethink their changes..

Last edited by MrHilton; Feb 13, 2014 at 11:26 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Conrad Hong Kong
Booked two twin rooms for us and kids.
Received King Exec Peak Suite and connecting twin.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Hilton Rotterdam: King Deluxe AWA rate -> Junior Suite, very nice suite and overall great service at the hotel ^
Old Feb 16, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hilton Sydney, booked standard room. Upgraded to King Relaxation Suite. Nearly always upgraded to a suite in Sydney.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Absolutely stellar Diamond treatment in Asia - as usual - makes maintaining the status a worthwhile venture:

Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok - Points & Money Award Standard Accessible Room to Executive Suite
Hilton DoubleTree Sukhumvit Bangkok - Points & Money Award Standard Accessible Room to Deluxe Suite
Hilton DoubleTree Kuala Lumpur - Points Award Standard Room to Executive Suite (I strongly suspect this is standard hotel policy for Diamonds, availability permitting of course)
Hilton Phuket Arcadia - Deluxe SeaView to Junior Suite (upgrade in name only, from what I have read)

Last edited by flyingnomadic; Feb 16, 2014 at 7:30 am
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: HHonors, Star Alliance
Doubletree San Diego

Booked on the government rate, double bed.

Upgraded to top floor (22nd) with a view of downtown.

Not really a suite upgrade, but I don't think the hotel has suites. It's a nice view from the balcony.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.