Go Back   > > >

Old Feb 13, 14, 1:51 am   #31
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Today, Conrad Bangkok, Corner Deluxe to Suite with terrace.

Last edited by DUS; Feb 13, 14 at 6:32 am
DUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 14, 2:36 am   #32

Conrad Dublin. Booked a regular room and got upgraded to a junior suite. TY to the lady at the front desk!

View: The room had a wall to ceiling windows with a view of a roof and the building across the street.

Size: The room was huge corner room.

Bathroom: Standup shower, soak bathtub, and separate toilet room. Typical upgraded amenities that Conrad offers.
mediumpulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 14, 11:25 am   #33

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbams View Post
Booked standard King (cash) on Any Weekend Anywhere rate for 1 night. Received nice upgrade to Executive King Suite - bedroom and seperate sitting room with nice bathroom and extra toilet.

Hotel is nice, 3 years old, good location, pleasant front desk staff. Executive Lounge is nothing to write home about, neither for breakfast or evening drinks. The floor was not clean either in the evening or the morning, tables were not cleared or cleaned. Breakfast items such as cheese were dried out.

Evening offers: wine, beer and soft drinks from 4.30pm till late (very generous times) but no spirits. Snacks were ok.

Strange, I never experienced the hotel like that ... I was a bit worried so I contacted the GM and she informed me the full range of drinks is still on offer until 30 minutes before lounge closing time.

It is unfortunately a trend at a lot of hotels to limit the offers to only beer and wine, I sincerely hope these hotels rethink their changes..

Last edited by MrHilton; Feb 13, 14 at 11:26 am Reason: Typo
MrHilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 14, 5:07 pm   #34

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Conrad Hong Kong
Booked two twin rooms for us and kids.
Received King Exec Peak Suite and connecting twin.
Princess fiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 14, 5:46 am   #35

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Hilton Rotterdam: King Deluxe AWA rate -> Junior Suite, very nice suite and overall great service at the hotel
FlyinDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 14, 3:34 am   #36

Hilton Sydney, booked standard room. Upgraded to King Relaxation Suite. Nearly always upgraded to a suite in Sydney.
rosscoeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 14, 7:24 am   #37

Absolutely stellar Diamond treatment in Asia - as usual - makes maintaining the status a worthwhile venture:

Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok - Points & Money Award Standard Accessible Room to Executive Suite
Hilton DoubleTree Sukhumvit Bangkok - Points & Money Award Standard Accessible Room to Deluxe Suite
Hilton DoubleTree Kuala Lumpur - Points Award Standard Room to Executive Suite (I strongly suspect this is standard hotel policy for Diamonds, availability permitting of course)
Hilton Phuket Arcadia - Deluxe SeaView to Junior Suite (upgrade in name only, from what I have read)

Last edited by flyingnomadic; Feb 16, 14 at 7:30 am
flyingnomadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 14, 9:36 am   #38

Programs: HHonors, Star Alliance
Doubletree San Diego

Booked on the government rate, double bed.

Upgraded to top floor (22nd) with a view of downtown.

Not really a suite upgrade, but I don't think the hotel has suites. It's a nice view from the balcony.
goosebump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 14, 7:42 pm   #39

Programs: US, HH
ES Baltimore Inner Harbor.

Baltimore Inner Harbor Embassy Suites - pre-paid corp booking, standard room, upgraded to suite with separate bedroom and kitchen/dining/livingroom space. Was told at check-in this is a suite upgrade. This is not your typical atrium style ES, just a normal hotel layout.
GrjApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 14, 9:17 am   #40

Programs: hhonors diamond
Just now checked into the Hilton London Wembley.......suite upgrade ( room 530).....trust me guys , request this room if you ever book here, it's huge......separate living area, walk in wardrobe......great view!
wizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 14, 9:42 am   #41

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, WN CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrjApp View Post
Baltimore Inner Harbor Embassy Suites - pre-paid corp booking, standard room, upgraded to suite with separate bedroom and kitchen/dining/livingroom space. Was told at check-in this is a suite upgrade. This is not your typical atrium style ES, just a normal hotel layout.
That hotel is odd for an ES. I'm sure it was converted from something else. On their website they don't even mention regular rooms but when you book you can choose regular King rooms and double queen rooms (or maybe it's 2 double beds I forget).
HansGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 14, 10:11 am   #42

Programs: US, HH
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansGruber View Post
That hotel is odd for an ES. I'm sure it was converted from something else. On their website they don't even mention regular rooms but when you book you can choose regular King rooms and double queen rooms (or maybe it's 2 double beds I forget).
Somebody there mentioned it was formerly the Tremont (or something like that). Don't know how long since it's been converted. From the floor diagram on the back of the door, all 4 corner units must be some type of suite given the size and the few rooms inbetween looked like standard size. My unit was quite big, think decent sized 1-bedroom apartment. (Except for the bathroom - it was very small, with little counter space around the sink.)

Last edited by GrjApp; Feb 20, 14 at 10:13 am Reason: Added info.
GrjApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 14, 10:14 am   #43
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
There's a number of ESs that used to be something else that have some nice upgrade potentials. Goes to show it never hurts to ask.
N965VJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 14, 11:18 am   #44

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Have had Diamond status about a year now, have gotten three suite upgrades:

Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok - one suite upgrade in four stays (January 2014), the other times I was "only" upgraded to Executive Floor King. The suite wasn't much nicer than the Executive Floor King, just a little bigger with sitting area. Wouldn't pay extra for it.

Hilton Guam - upgraded to Premier Paradise Suite (November 2013), great suite, huge room, highly recommended

Hilton Auckland - upgraded to Bow Suite (February 2014), large, great views, highly recommended

All of my suite upgrades have occurred during one night stays, I wonder if that increases the chances.
jphripjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 14, 11:26 am   #45

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Hilton Grand Capital Abu Dhabi - booked standard king under the Anywhere Anyweekend sale and I was upgrade to a very nice suite
more4less is offline   Reply With Quote