FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1302891-rumor-diamonds-get-all-property-benefits.html)

mgoflyer Jan 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

I was at a Doubletree hotel last week (location omitted to protect the innocent) and was chatting with the agent who was checking me in who mentioned that we will soon not have to choose our on-property benefits. He stated that he had just had a training session on this new benefit and that an email would he going out soon. He additionally added that this would start in February, but did not share if this applied to Gold members as well. Thus in summary, he stated that we would be able to get the additional points as well as the upgrade/breakfast at the Doubletree as an example.

If this does indeed come to pass I feel that it is a good first step to fixing some of the severe devaluations we have seen in the program in general and the Diamond tier specifically. Can anyone else corroborate what I heard?

***Please see post #51 by HHonor Guard for additional details. This is the closest I have seen to an official posting from Hilton on this enhancement.****

***Please see post #260, the rumor has been confirmed. Details are in the link or on your updated My Way page***

lewende Jan 15, 2012 9:19 pm

This is a great step forward...

Although I am looking for upgrade certificates or deep discount for points redemption for diamond members...

jamesteroh Jan 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by lewende (Post 17820965)
Although I am looking for upgrade certificates or deep discount for points redemption for diamond members...

I would rather see that as well. Not sure how many people chose points over upgrades/breakfast, but this could make upgrades even harder for diamonds to get if there are more people competiting for them and much harder for golds. The palmer house Exec Lounge is a zoo as it is on weekends now, without adding even mpeople.

Materdei Jan 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Nice! I hope it's true.

cordelli Jan 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Did they say it was free? Knowing Hilton, they will add an "all on property benefits" rate plan.

lewende Jan 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 17821012)
I would rather see that as well. Not sure how many people chose points over upgrades/breakfast, but this could make upgrades even harder for diamonds to get if there are more people competiting for them and much harder for golds. The palmer house Exec Lounge is a zoo as it is on weekends now, without adding even mpeople.

I doubt any diamond members would choose 1000 points instead of free breakfasts and upgrade right now.

cordelli Jan 15, 2012 9:58 pm

There were many nights where I was overnighting at a hotel for a six am flight, upgrades meant nothing for me, and I was long gone before breakfast was being served, so I would go for points.

Not saying it's the norm, just some people can't use the breakfast.

travelexpert Jan 16, 2012 1:11 am

So THIS is how HH plans to distinguish between Diamond and Gold?

Puleeeeeeeeze. An extra 1,000 points is so trivial. Almost an insult, really.

Show me the upgrades, baby.....

The suiter, the better!

Keyser Jan 16, 2012 1:40 am

Originally Posted by cordelli (Post 17821034)
Did they say it was free? Knowing Hilton, they will add an "all on property benefits" rate plan.

i wouldn't be surprised if they did this....;)

GUWonder Jan 16, 2012 1:49 am

Sounds like there is potential for this to be a great step back to how it used to be with Hilton HHonors, but with Hilton "enhancement" is sooner or later packaged with an "enhancement" that is customer-unfriendly.

blackjack-21 Jan 16, 2012 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 17821631)
i wouldn't be surprised if they did this....;)

Wonder what change, if any, this will bring to us Golds. Diamonds will get everything comped, Golds will get everything (or anything) paid?

bj-21.

more4less Jan 16, 2012 1:53 am

Originally Posted by cordelli (Post 17821102)
There were many nights where I was overnighting at a hotel for a six am flight, upgrades meant nothing for me, and I was long gone before breakfast was being served, so I would go for points.

Not saying it's the norm, just some people can't use the breakfast.

+1

also I choose points in hotels with no lounge that I have paid a B&B rate, normally in the January sale or similar.

servus Jan 16, 2012 2:56 am

I just checked this rumor with someone realy reliable. I had to promisse not to share it to the public as the final decission isn't made BUT if this comes true what I was just told, Hilton made a HUGE step, however, it was added "upon availability". So, there's the loophole again. To point you into the right direction, just think about what SPG does for their Platinums ^

jamanatu Jan 16, 2012 3:57 am

Originally Posted by servus (Post 17821780)
just think about what SPG does for their Platinums ^

Suite upgrades?

Keyser Jan 16, 2012 4:26 am

Originally Posted by servus (Post 17821780)
To point you into the right direction, just think about what SPG does for their Platinums ^

Originally Posted by jamanatu (Post 17821913)
Suite upgrades?

denies suite upgrades when suites are available????