Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:55 am

Programs: Club Carlson - Silver Elite, Hhonors Gold
Starting Jan 18th

As you can see it is Confirmed. Diamonds Only. and only at Hiltons, Conrads, and DoubleTrees
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
HHG, thanks for the post. A few thoughts:

1. Finally, something to distinguish Diamond from Gold. It's about time, and this needed to come years ago.
2. Bring back Diamond force for no std rewards and I think Diamond is worth getting again, otherwise I'm still on the fence.
3. Agree that it's crappy not to apply to all brands, what is the reason?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
[*]Diamond members will be eligible for suite upgrades
Sweet!

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
Sometimes you just get lucky! [snip] the hotel was booked up due to a cheerleading convention.
And sweet again!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:01 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I do hope that they do not take away the lounge acces...
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I thought the two Hilton my ways were upgrade/breakfast or the extra points. What is the third myway selection?
Perhaps he was counting upgrade and breakfast separately, or including free internet (which ceased to be a selection on 1 September 2010 in favour of automatically being granted).
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm mixed on the suite upgarde thing. There are properies that I frequent where I regularly get suite upgrades. It is not because I am necessarily a Diamond per se, but because I am an excellent multiyear customer for those specific properties, and these properties do not necessarily upgrade Diamonds as a matter of course, I fear that I will now get less of these as I will not be "in competition" with a hell of a lot of other people for these upgrades. OTOH, it should raise the amount of suite upgrades that I receive from properties that I do not regularly frequent.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Finally a change adding benefits instead of taking them away. I wish this was applying to all brands though.

This could take away a lot of upgrade opportunities for Golds. If I have an early morning flight or for some other reason wont be eating breakfast and there is no lounge, I would just go for the extra points. Now on those stays that is going to be one less upgraded room available for a gold. However, I could see it opening up rooms as well at properties with a lot of suites. If they upgrade diamonds to suites that arent sold that will leave other upgraded rooms open that aren't suites.

I still wish they would give diamonds a hot breakfast at all properties I would rather see Hilton do that than offer suite upgrades, since a hobreafast would be guaranteedwhere a suite isn't
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
When this starts, I will certainly start to book more DT as there are a few that are close to work sites but I have avoided because of variability of quality in the brand. We shall see how it works in practice.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Anyone want to take a guess at what "standard suites" will include? And does space available upgrade mean if a "standard suite" is available for the length of your stay for a cash purchase, that you will be upgraded to it?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by the_is

As you can see it is Confirmed. Diamonds Only. and only at Hiltons, Conrads, and DoubleTrees
Super sweet!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by the_is

Excellent perk. Makes it worth being diamond at those properties. Can we assume there is no need to change " My Way" selections, since all are being given?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:36 am

the on-property benefits for hilton are still the same: either 1000 points or upgrade/breakfast option.

and also, there's nothing to be found on the website.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Excellent perk. Makes it worth being diamond at those properties. Can we assume there is no need to change " My Way" selections, since all are being given?
Why not play safe? It only took me 2 seconds to change MyWay to 1000 points.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Also is it safe to assume that the change is effective immediately and all properties are aware of the changes?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by summer01
the on-property benefits for hilton are still the same: either 1000 points or upgrade/breakfast option.

and also, there's nothing to be found on the website.

If previous postings are correct, it is not either, but both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.