Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Are DT's giving both the points and breakfast to all golds, or just that property? Mrs. Reds is only gold and when she stayed at the Capital Hilton last week was given the choice or breakfast (upgrade wasn't available) or the points. She was told that only diamond guests received both benefits and for golds it was still the choice of either one.
According to Hilton.com it's a choice for golds still, not both. But as we all know hilton.com isn't the best website, so maybe it is for both golds and diamonds. It's only 1,000 points so not sure what the big deal is. It's not a diamond is being harmed if golds get both breakfast and points as well. As long as they don't upgrade a gold over a diamond why does it matter?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Although the Hilton website isn't the best on this topic it does seem pretty clear - however similarly to many properties offering a full breakfast rather than continental breakfast, if they want to offer Gold members the extra points too then more power to them - they'll probably get more business as a result!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Sorry if it was posted here earlier, there are too many pages, I just realized under Diamond benefits on Hhonors website it says upgrade to a preferred room or suite. Is it new since January 2012? I have never seen this site before. I think they might upgrade you to suite but not a policy, now it is an official policy? I can request any suite if available and what is a preferred room?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Wadge
Sorry if it was posted here earlier, there are too many pages, I just realized under Diamond benefits on Hhonors website it says upgrade to a preferred room or suite. Is it new since January 2012? I have never seen this site before. I think they might upgrade you to suite but not a policy, now it is an official policy? I can request any suite if available and what is a preferred room?
Yes, this is new - suites weren't included before in the possible upgrade options (although of course some hotels did make these upgrades from time to time but that was an exception). You don't request a suite, you just should automatically get upgraded if an upgrade is available. Preferred rooms can mean anything - higher floor, better view, slightly bigger, etc. It really will vary by property - some will be very generous, others will only put you up one room category, e.g. to a slightly higher floor.

The other big change is that rather than having to choose between and upgrade+breakfast or points you now get all three, although the upgrade is subject to availability. On the breakfast front some hotels are more generous than others, strictly it's only a continental breakfast they have to offer. You can get a rough idea what each property will offer from this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...er-thread.html.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Sorry you've had such a bad experience

I've enjoyed in the last couple of years or so two Presidential Suite upgrades at a wonderful Doubletree (on $65/night rates!), a Presidential Suite upgrade at an HGI, a couple of more suite upgrades at the same HGI (and much apologizing for not having the Presidential Suite available for an upgrade!), one of the corner penthouse rooms at the Doubletree in Honolulu, a huge suite upgrade with view at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. These are just the ones I remember right off hand.
Are your upgrades automatic or do you ask for them?

Thanks,

Mike
Old Jul 5, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
This just in. For Hilton properties in tropical areas an upgraded room may be considered a room without a bug in the bathroom.

Last edited by kanerf; Jul 5, 2012 at 6:01 am
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by Michael El
Are your upgrades automatic or do you ask for them?

Thanks,

Mike
My take is: cblaisd is the king of HHonors upgrades. At the moment he approaches the front desk, he/she who stands there will be enchanted to award him any best available room in the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.