FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   ROOMSAVER.COM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/129784-roomsaver-com.html)

HK-UMICH Jan 23, 2001 7:16 am

Where to find Room Saver Coupon?

as Subject.. it that by hotel or by the vistor center? Any website hosting Hilton family coupons?

THANKS!

RoarAhead Jan 23, 2001 7:18 am

Try roomsaver.com....

bfllover Mar 7, 2001 3:03 am

to craz---How did you get the $34.50 rate??

You posted you used the roomsaver.com coupon and 50% off club rate--but they always state only one discount on the coupons??enlighten me ,please!!!

craz Mar 7, 2001 8:45 am

sorry for the confusion. the $34.50 was 1/2 of $69 for a HamptonInn in New Mexico,it was listed in my Entertainment 50% OFF Hotels booklet. I paid $39.95 in Flagstaff,AZ which as of 3/1 is $44.95.

I didnt get 2 discounts per stay.But with most people paying the 69 while others paid 59 cause of a 'AAA' or senior discount,I did OK. Also all I got as a price from HH was 55 at both locations.

craz Feb 11, 2002 5:43 pm

becareful with ROOMSAVER.COM

tried to check in to the Hampton Inn@King of Prussia,Pa on sunday night.The night mgr said ONLY coupons from the book are accepted, not a printed coupon.Told her it was from RS.COM, and its just as good.She didnt budge, nor was she willing to sign my coupon that at the time I was checking in rooms were aviable.
So I called HI res and the rep thought she was nuts and told me to leave a message for customer service to back myself up, did so and checked in at $119 for the night.
At check out I asked by name for the mgr that the HI rep gave me sun night, turns out he hasnt been around for over 5 years.Spoke to the mgr who said I didnt get the $59 rate since it wasnt aviable, and the $119 rate stands.
I told him 1)the night mgr called a person called....., if no rooms were aviable she should have said so, why did she call ..., 2)call HI customer service they know all about it, I was willing to pay the $59 rate till he started to play games till he realized everything I said was TRUE,(also went down after check-in to get a toothbrush and paste, the mgr said 'NOW WHAT', then that the stuff was locked up in a room down the hall and that she was busy(talking on the phone to a friend), and come back at 6am Ill get it then, I left didnt she think people brush their teeth B4 going to sleep.

the day mgr was going to charge me $59 only after hassling me and trying to get the rate to stick at $119. I told him he didnt need to do me any favors and reduce the rate to $59, since after the way both he and the night mgr treated the whole episode, I was now totally disatisfied with the hotel and expected the room to be w/o charge at all.
And so the room was w/o charge in the end.

The point is even though the internet coupons are suppose to work they may not.so if thats all you have try as I did to get the person checking you in to sign that when you presented the coupon there was room at that rate, if they refuse as by me call HI res and ask for customer service if closed leave a message, this is to protect yourself.
My intent was not to get the room for free ONLY to pay the coupon rate of $59 instead of the $119 rate.Thats why I documented everything.Why not go else where, Im a Diamond and wanted the double miles and stay credit, which Ill still earn even though the stay turned out free.

upgrader Jun 22, 2002 4:28 pm

Credit for RoomSaver, etc.?

Other than losing the 1,000 (or 2,500 under the 50K promo)online reservation points, is there any disadvantage to using services like RoomSaver to save some money at a Hilton property? Do you still get points as with any stay, upgrades if available, etc.? I've noticed some significant savings with some of the coupons available with these services (recognizing the restrictive days of the week, mostly no reservations allowed, no holidays and the like) but am wary of losing the usual benefits? Have FTers been treated differently when using these coupons? Thanks.

Steve B Jun 23, 2002 10:51 am

I've always gotten credit for roomsaver stays and the discount more than makes up for the loss of the online booking bonus. For instance, the lowest online weekend rate for the Andover Mass Hampton Inn is 81.00 but the roomsaver coupon gets you the room for 49.00.

dldkjones Jun 24, 2002 2:23 pm

I have received full points and miles for 2 stays at the same hotel when using the roomsaver coupon which saved a minimum of $34 per night each stay.

gw14 Jun 24, 2002 7:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steve B:
I've always gotten credit for roomsaver stays and the discount more than makes up for the loss of the online booking bonus. For instance, the lowest online weekend rate for the Andover Mass Hampton Inn is 81.00 but the roomsaver coupon gets you the room for 49.00. </font>
Couldn't find any coupon for the Hampton Inn in Andover on roomsaver.com, is it in the magazine only??

Steve B Jun 27, 2002 1:55 pm

The "Andover" Hampton Inn is actually a couple of hundred yards from the Andover line. It has a much less fashionable Lawrence address....which is the town you have to click on to get the coupon.

kempis Jun 28, 2002 5:15 am

Have I understood it correctly if you cant prebook anything with roomsaver? You just print the paper and hop the hotel has room left or?

jabez Jun 28, 2002 6:01 am

You should get credit with any coupon that you give to clerk at check in.I haven't used one in awhile,but they can be great savings. Generally,these hotels do a lot of business with the driving travelers.

Steve B Jun 28, 2002 7:30 am

Kempis....If you just show up at the front desk you're at kind of a disadvantage. They're more likely to say that "we're over 75% capacity so you can't use that coupon." They know you're not likely to turn around and walk out. I just call ahead. Once in awhile the desk clerk will say that you can't prebook so I ask "well, how does it look as of now?" and they always say something like "it looks good."
Last week I booked ahead at a Hampton that didn't use roomsaver coupons and when I got to the front desk I managed to get a lower business rate. I got the lower rate AND the 2500 Hilton bonus. I wonder what would happen if you booked online and then handed them the coupon?

upgrader Jun 28, 2002 8:08 am

Some of the roomsaver coupons say that you can book them using plan code P1 or by asking for code PRB when making reservations. Anyone ever done this and got the 2,500 points for online booking. I'm guessing this means you can enter P1 in an online booking and that the PRB code is for call in reservations. Anyone know?

WebTraveler Mar 7, 2003 7:38 pm

ROOMSAVER.COM

Do we get Honors points for stays using Roomsaver.com rates?

Do Gold VIPs get free breakfast?