Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[email protected]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
Well, I just checked into my hotel and, wonder of wonders, they HAD A PACKAGE FOR ME! It was held! I mentioned my shock to the front desk agent who asked if I was the one that had mailed Flyertalk. Apparently they had someone from Corp. call and specifically mention the Flyertalk name to the GM. This makes me happy

I haven't actually spoken with the GM yet, it's late and I'm about to head to bed, but hopefully we can get these issues sorted out once and for all, and my fellow business travellers and I can get our mail delivered successfully.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by phedre
Well, I just checked into my hotel and, wonder of wonders, they HAD A PACKAGE FOR ME! It was held! I mentioned my shock to the front desk agent who asked if I was the one that had mailed Flyertalk. Apparently they had someone from Corp. call and specifically mention the Flyertalk name to the GM. This makes me happy

I haven't actually spoken with the GM yet, it's late and I'm about to head to bed, but hopefully we can get these issues sorted out once and for all, and my fellow business travellers and I can get our mail delivered successfully.
good stuff....
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:43 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
The current HHonors rep is about to get a copy of my email discussion with HHonors trying to merely get credit for a 1 stay & 1 night booking (that was part of a series of 3 concurrent bookings that HHonors can't seem to understand). Why does it have to be so difficult??

(Yes, I gave an explanation of each booking, reservation reference details and copy of the combined stay folio)...they got one reservation credited correctly
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by QF WP
The current HHonors rep is about to get a copy of my email discussion with HHonors trying to merely get credit for a 1 stay & 1 night booking (that was part of a series of 3 concurrent bookings that HHonors can't seem to understand). Why does it have to be so difficult??

(Yes, I gave an explanation of each booking, reservation reference details and copy of the combined stay folio)...they got one reservation credited correctly
You can't get credit for 3 concurrent bookings.

You can get credit for 3 CONSECUTIVE bookings, but 3 concurrent bookings cannot be done.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
You CAN receive credit for concurrent bookings, eg., I book two rooms for me and my parents. Under HHonors T&C's, I'm entitled to collect points for up to two rooms booked by me.

Found here: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/...rual_of_points

See "accrual of points," section 5.

Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
You can't get credit for 3 concurrent bookings.

You can get credit for 3 CONSECUTIVE bookings, but 3 concurrent bookings cannot be done.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Oops, my mistake of using the wrong word - consecutive was the word I should have used, however the middle booking (of 3 nights) I know isn't eligible, so I am just trying to get stay and night credits for the stay on night 1 and the stay on night 5.

On the concurrent issue, yes I've claimed for 2 bookings before, but do understand that's the limitations.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
You CAN receive credit for concurrent bookings, eg., I book two rooms for me and my parents. Under HHonors T&C's, I'm entitled to collect points for up to two rooms booked by me.

Found here: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/...rual_of_points

See "accrual of points," section 5.
But he asked for accrual of THREE (3) concurrent bookings, which you can NOT do. Two (2) yes, three (3) no.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:39 pm

Thank you Hilton Representative for contacting me by PM. You have a reply in your PM inbox (and a previous email in that inbox)

Let's see if we can get an easy resolution, because all I got from Customer Care Email Department, Hilton Reservations and Customer Care was a boilerplate response asking me for the folio which I had attached to both my previous emails.....
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:08 pm

My love for HHonors returns - and I have a new love, HHonors Representative [aka Erin] ^ .

What had taken me 3 emails and not getting beyond continuously sending my details, was escalated when Hilton Representative was copied into the email trail using the email address in this thread. In fact I gave up on replying to the emails coming from Customer Care Email Department, Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (when they asked me for the second time to send a copy of the folio, which I had sent with both my initial emails...)

From my initial post above, a response by PM:

I saw your post and wanted to reach out! Could you share reservation information (including confirmation numbers) and your HHonors number? My team would be happy to investigate!
So I sent through by PM a copy of the emails (subject headers) I had sent, so they could be located.

This was followed up 24 hours later, with a second PM [I received this early morning Aust time):

Thanks for these details, QF WP! I'm in touch with my team now about will keep you updated with progress.
to then an hour later, the third PM:

My team was able to locate your emails and corresponding folios. We have accurately adjusted the information in your HHonors account as well as added the night of the 18 to your account. We have also added 5,000 Points to your account, as this amount changed when we adjusted the stay.

Please let me know if there are any other discrepancies - happy to reach out to my team again!
Sure enough, after logging into my account, my stays and nights are correct and a have a bigger stash of points. Thank you for the bonus 5K points.

Now that is service recovery at work!! Thank you, HHonors Representative, my faith is renewed (well moreso in you, than the Hilton Res & CC).

One has to wonder how HHonors Representative could do what Hilton Reservations and Customer Care could not...but for which I am grateful.

Should I mention my missing 1K bonus points from the password saga???

Last edited by QF WP; Apr 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Old May 1, 2015, 12:45 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
My love for HHonors returns - and I have a new love, HHonors Representative [aka Erin] ^ .

What had taken me 3 emails and not getting beyond continuously sending my details, was escalated when Hilton Representative was copied into the email trail using the email address in this thread. In fact I gave up on replying to the emails coming from Customer Care Email Department, Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (when they asked me for the second time to send a copy of the folio, which I had sent with both my initial emails...)

From my initial post above, a response by PM:

So I sent through by PM a copy of the emails (subject headers) I had sent, so they could be located.

This was followed up 24 hours later, with a second PM [I received this early morning Aust time):

to then an hour later, the third PM:

Sure enough, after logging into my account, my stays and nights are correct and a have a bigger stash of points. Thank you for the bonus 5K points.

Now that is service recovery at work!! Thank you, HHonors Representative, my faith is renewed (well moreso in you, than the Hilton Res & CC).

One has to wonder how HHonors Representative could do what Hilton Reservations and Customer Care could not...but for which I am grateful.

Thanks so much for these kind words, QF WP! We're more than happy to help. ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old May 1, 2015, 3:56 pm
cjd

At least give it a few more days!! Don't push your luck!
Old May 3, 2015, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Thanks so much for these kind words, QF WP! We're more than happy to help. ^ Cheers, Erin
If only there were more bouquets than brickbats on these forums - plus more reps like you who take it on, as their job, to do great service recovery and goodwill retention....which should have been the domain of your colleagues.
I'm sure there's a plausible explanation why they couldn't do it

Originally Posted by cjd
At least give it a few more days!! Don't push your luck!
Not big in the scheme of things...I'll wait patiently (although Erin knows my details now, so she could nudge the right people now )
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:24 am

Hi everyone

Although I'm new to FlyerTalk, I've had the pleasure of dealing with Ashleigh, the current incarnation of the HHonorsRepresentitive.

Speaking as I find, Ashleigh has cleared matters up for me both swiftly and effectively, which has restored all faith in certain HHonors departments in the USA, when I was getting zero help.

In all fairness however, my experience with Hilton Reservations/Customer Services in Bulgaria has well and truly exceeded my expectations. A really great team of people. So, in my best possible Bulgarian, I'd like to say "Blagodaria" to each and every one of them (that's "thank you" in case you wondered).

FlyerTalk has really been of immense help to me, as an HH member, as well as allowing me to help my clients too (I'm a travel consultant/professional, with my own business, dealing with worldwide corporate and leisure travel). So a big thank you to everyone's input, regardless of what is said.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:35 am

Charged full rate for canceled reservation

I was booked to stay at the Doubletree Riverfront in Jacksonville Florida June 28-30th. At 3:00am on the 28th I was in the ER at Viera hospital and after treatment for several hours for what was thought to be food poisoning sent home to recoup. My wife immediately called the Doubletree to cancel and wasn’t informed that there would be a charge to our account. Is there anything that can be done to reverse that charge for a loyal Hilton Diamond customer?

Thanks for your consideration,

Steve

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 7, 2019 at 11:06 am Reason: Removed personal information for the protection of Scjoynt.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:19 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Scjoynt
I was booked to stay at the Doubletree Riverfront in Jacksonville Florida June 28-30th. At 3:00am on the 28th I was in the ER at Viera hospital and after treatment for several hours for what was thought to be food poisoning sent home to recoup. My wife immediately called the Doubletree to cancel and wasn’t informed that there would be a charge to our account. Is there anything that can be done to reverse that charge for a loyal Hilton Diamond customer?

Thanks for your consideration,

Steve
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Scjoynt.

I suggest that for best results, you contact HonorsRepresentative — who is the official representative of Hilton Honors on FlyerTalk — via private message pertaining to the issue with which you are dealing:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...sentative.html

If you need further assistance, please contact me or the other moderators of the Hilton | Hilton Honors forum.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton | Hilton Honors forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.