Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

VISA Infinite Instant Gold plus 40k pts after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VISA Infinite Instant Gold plus 40k pts after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Logged into my account this morning and the 40k bonus points had posted along with the fourth stay. ^
Did you pay with your Visa Infinite card?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: A|Club Gold, SPG
Tried most of the Visa Infinite numbers found in Google image but none of them worked... it's frustrating since I DO have a Visa Infinite myself but the number won't work either!
If anyone has working numbers PM me !
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
Originally Posted by johnky
Looks like I'm registered. Is there a way to see how long I am Gold on the Hhonors website?
I was wondering the same thing.
It seems like no one knows the answer.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:30 am

Okay, my Canadian Infinate card number did not take so I used one I found and I am now gold status.

What I am concerned is if after my four says of paying with the infinate visa, Hilton comes back and says it wasn"t the same with the numbers I registered with so I can't receive the bonus points.

I don't see anywhere on my Hilton Nonors account where a credit card of mine has been registered.

Is it safe to assume that Hilton's system will realize that I did stay four times and paid each time with the Infinate card?

I can see myself getting in two-three stays but don't want to invest in another if the bonus won't take.

Any thoughts?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:15 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Updated using the number from here: http://www.hongkongcard.com/forum/fo...hp?id=4571&p=6 2011-12-09 12:25:34

Successful:
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
My card # is saying verified at the top, but when I input my login it says invalid registration please contact Hilton HHonors Service Center. Maybe it's dead now.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
still trying to make it work Please pm if you have working info
Downgrated to silver, would like to get gold in 2012

Last edited by SiberianTiger; Jan 11, 2012 at 2:53 pm Reason: more info
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Looks like its been shut down... dunno how I missed this until tonight!
All working numbers I try still produce an "invalid" error.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by glu800
Looks like its been shut down... dunno how I missed this until tonight!
All working numbers I try still produce an "invalid" error.

Good ^ Finally ^
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by LordLoungeDragon
Good ^ Finally ^
Because you already got yours and you don't want anyone else to get in on it, or because you already have gold and don't want the status diluted?

Just curious as to what would prompt your remark.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by glu800
Because you already got yours and you don't want anyone else to get in on it, or because you already have gold and don't want the status diluted?

Just curious as to what would prompt your remark.

Because I am a long time diamond and I don't like to see so many new "gold for free" members. You should know that there is (almost) no difference between gold and dimand. Thus, yes, I don't want to have the program more diluted then it already is
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:47 am

Gotcha.
Yep, I'm aware of the benefits of each Hilton elite level. I've just never been a Hilton guy, so I thought this would be a great way to start increasing my stays there, esp with all the recent Q1 promos. Unfortunately I missed the instant gold cutoff by a day it looks like.

Understand your concerns about diluting benefits, but since you're diamond, you'd probably get any room upgrades ahead of golds anyways. Not a lot to be concerned about
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:20 am

This is under the FAQ's for this promotion:

Who is eligible to participate in this promotion?

This offer is open to selected Visa Infinite cardholders residing within Asia Pacific, Central Europe, Middle East and Africa and who are enrolled in Hilton HHonors and register for the promotion.

*Asia Pacific denotes Australia, Hong Kong, China, Korea Singapore, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and Philippines
So it is safe to say that US and Canadian cardholders won't get these promotional points?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
This just worked for me about an hour ago. I entered 442394 as the first six digits.

It said "verified" and prompted me for my account # and PIN. But when I put those in, I got an error message.

So I went into my profile and changed my country to Australia. Then I retried everything and it worked. Had to log out and log back in one more time to see my status updated from silver to gold.

I can't see where it says gold until 2013 though. How do we know how long it is good for?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
So I went into my profile and changed my country to Australia.
So I'm Originally from Australia but have since moved to the USA, Simple enough I rang them and then they fixed it all up

yay, I was sad I didn't requal this year for Gold (Did a Starwood Year), This makes me slightly more happy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.