Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

VISA Infinite Instant Gold plus 40k pts after 4 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VISA Infinite Instant Gold plus 40k pts after 4 stays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lsed
That guy's probably kidding

Anyways Visa infinite has been in Singapore for many years now. It came out as the highest Visa card. Signature came out here a couple of years after Infinite but is at a lower level than infinite.

If you want to use a Singapore card number it will be xxxx

My question is, must all 4 stays be with Visa Infinite Card? Previous promo for the 3 stay gold, did people still retain gold without using their registered visa card?
I charge everything to my Amex to accumulate miles

You are not much better. Why don't you delete the card number!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OliverM
How stupid can some people be...
They're dumber on FW (esp the mods). @:-)
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
More watering down of mid level benefits, and HH still refuses to differentiate Diamond...
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: All of em...
Instant Gold earlier. The kicker would be to status match to Hyatt Diamond, and PC Platinum, or the other way around!
Old Dec 24, 2011, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Instant Gold earlier. The kicker would be to status match to Hyatt Diamond, and PC Platinum, or the other way around!
I hope that other chains stop matching people without a certain amount of nights in another program
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
It works but that's when I actually have a Visa Infinite.

I doubt I will stay at a Hilton but this is good if I actually stay in a Hilton.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:48 am
Suspended

It works always. The big question is if one gets also the 40k points when the stays are paid with a regular visa. Can someone confirm?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Ok have removed the card number from my earlier post. Didn't realize I would cause an issue
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: Amex,AS,DL,Marriott,Hilton
Originally Posted by OliverM
It works always. The big question is if one gets also the 40k points when the stays are paid with a regular visa. Can someone confirm?
I am interested in this, too. Considering the $20 deal at AUS, if it works, this would make an easy 40,000 points.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Amtrak Select, SPG Gold
Is this dead? None of the numbers I've seen reported elsewhere seem to work for me, even though the link to the website is still showing the offer.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: Still new to the game but growing everyday!
Originally Posted by Vicksy
Is this dead? None of the numbers I've seen reported elsewhere seem to work for me, even though the link to the website is still showing the offer.
I only just saw this myself and it seems to be dead. I've tried a handful of different numbers that seem like they should work and they all error out. The fact that the page is still up is interesting though.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond/Marriott Gold
I imagine that all those who signed up on this deal and don't actually hold such a visa card will eventually be downgraded again to silver after their 4th stay not paid with the infinite visa card.

Originally Posted by ntwrkguy
Hi all,

I signed up for the Visa Signature quickie promo but I messed up and didn't pay my stays with Visa so I got downgraded to Silver. I just received this e-mail however...

"Right now, you're a Silver Hilton HHonors™ member, and we know you enjoy all the benefits your elite status provides. As of October 28, 2011, you only need 12 more stays to upgrade to Gold status. But when you sign up for the Status Shortcut Offer , each stay through the end of the year will count double toward the number of nights needed to elevate your elite status. That means you will continue to earn HHonors points as you always do, but you will need only 6 stays before December 31, 2011, to upgrade your Silver status for the next year.

So sign up and get all the extra benefits of Gold status in half the stays."

Interesting...I usually do four separate stays a week so this could be fulfilled very very quickly...
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mnredfox
More watering down of mid level benefits, and HH still refuses to differentiate Diamond...
Yes, as someone who could "only" eek out 90k base points this year (I'm not close on stays or nights), it's a bit ridiculous that so many people get the same status next year for so small a token as the first digits of a CC number.

I have no problem with matching status or making it on some sort of challenge, but if they're just giving out gold for the whole year here, it's just more devaluation along with premium room rewards hit.

Sorry to sound bitter
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by flyingfab
I imagine that all those who signed up on this deal and don't actually hold such a visa card will eventually be downgraded again to silver after their 4th stay not paid with the infinite visa card.

U.S.-issued Visa Signature cardholders can earn instant Hilton HHonors™ Gold membership by registering for the promotion at www.hhonors.com/visasignature. After registering, HHonors members will receive Gold benefits for all stays through August 31, 2011. If, after registering, the HHonors member completes three stays by August 31, 2011, using their Visa Signature card, then they will retain their Gold membership through March 31, 2013

The Promo conditions were different for Visa Signature programme. The Visa Infinite promotion does not state that you need to pay with the Infinite card to maintain the status.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by Kris Rao
U.S.-issued Visa Signature cardholders can earn instant Hilton HHonors™ Gold membership by registering for the promotion at www.hhonors.com/visasignature. After registering, HHonors members will receive Gold benefits for all stays through August 31, 2011. If, after registering, the HHonors member completes three stays by August 31, 2011, using their Visa Signature card, then they will retain their Gold membership through March 31, 2013

The Promo conditions were different for Visa Signature programme. The Visa Infinite promotion does not state that you need to pay with the Infinite card to maintain the status.
Per my memory, there is somewhere in the T&C specifically mentioned paying with your visa infinite card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.