Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Milwaukee City Center {US-WI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Milwaukee City Center {US-WI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by laloglz
I recently left Marriott entirely after a very disappointing experience at their JW Marriott property in Rio de Janeiro.
Talk about hitting out of the ballpark--that applied to my stay at the JW Marriott in Rio. But I was platinum premiere at the time....

No question it is property-specific. Across all programs, some managers "just get it".

I was reflecting this past weekend how the airlines do a much better job at recognizing each level with clear benefits. Hotels just seem to bunch all elites in the same bucket, more-or-less. Which is why local managers make all the difference...
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Does anyone have any recent reviews on this property?

I am thinking of going to Milwaukee to see of a revolution play at the Rave in February and thought I would just spend the night instead of driving the 1.5 hours home.

How is the hotel now? Would you recommend another Hilton property in Milwaukee?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES

I am thinking of going to Milwaukee to see of a revolution play at the Rave in February and thought I would just spend the night instead of driving the 1.5 hours home.

I stayed there this past fall and was impressed.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by 91StealthES

I stayed at the Doubletree nearby and was treated well as a Diamond.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
Try HGI at MKE

Have had a series of excellent stays at the HGI adjacent to Mitchell Airport in the last 8-10 months. Super quiet rooms, great staff, super business center, and a great breakfast, all in a property less than three years old.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks everyone! It looks like I have a few great options there.

I will investigate which is closest to the venue and stay there being all treat Diamonds well.

Thanks again!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up Wow

Last night this diamond member was upgraded to the presidential suite, room 2432.
Grand piano, dining room which seats 10, jacuzzi, two full baths with walk in showers, walk-in closets, and two non-functioning fireplaces, upgraded toiletries, and what used to be a walk in safe, complete with steel door.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:26 pm

Does this property have an EL? I see the room category, but not a lounge amenity. Considering this property or the Doubletree across the street for a one night stay. Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:11 pm
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I stayed at the Doubletree nearby and was treated well as a Diamond.
Likewise, the Doubletree were very keen to make us happy.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I can stay at the DT, HG or Hilton all for around the same $; I have an 8 am appointment very near to all 3 so want to stay close; any preferences?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: None
Hilton Diamond, 19th floor connecting queen. Fitness center is ok. EL is good, hot breakfast with toast, fruit, pastries, juice. Received two certificates for up to $12 per use. Did not present them at all, I asked the attendant, she mentioned I could use them at the cafe as well. Decent place.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I don't see a separate thread about the DT downtown, but I was there last week and loved it. I was greeted enthusiastically as a Diamond member and was upgraded to a lovely large room (though not a suite). The hotel looked relatively new, certainly in great condition. Room service was prompt and friendly, food was pretty good. There's no lounge, so breakfast was free (full buffet, outstanding!) and they gave me a free drink coupon for the bar, which I didn't use. Every encounter with the staff was friendly and helpful. I'd definitely go back to this property.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
anything new here?

treatment of diamonds?

good breakfast?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by mrredskin
anything new here?

treatment of diamonds?

good breakfast?
Bumping since I'm in the same boat - trying to decide between the Hilton and the DT next door. I know the DT is undergoing renovations which should be done by the time we go, but I really love old hotels.

The parking is a weird conundrum - the Hilton charges $25 for SELF parking only, and the DT charges $20 for valet - strange.

Also, Hilton has a lounge but it will be closed one night we're there.

I feel like just tossing a coin?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Bumping since I'm in the same boat - trying to decide between the Hilton and the DT next door. I know the DT is undergoing renovations which should be done by the time we go, but I really love old hotels.

The parking is a weird conundrum - the Hilton charges $25 for SELF parking only, and the DT charges $20 for valet - strange.

Also, Hilton has a lounge but it will be closed one night we're there.

I feel like just tossing a coin?
MKE local here--I would choose the Hilton over the DT. And, I would choose the HGI on Broadway over either the Hilton or the DT--two blocks away from the Public Market, 3rd Ward, and generally more agreeable part of downtown.

Hilton & DT are close to Marquette University and the convention center, but the area immediately surrounding both hotels is kind of blah.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.