Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Best Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Best Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2004, 11:58 am

The best Hilton I have been so far is Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi.
Very nice modern hotel on top of a (underground) shopping center. Nice rooms. And the staff is super friendly and extremely helpful ... I guess the Brazilians are born friendly ^
Old Jul 31, 2004, 12:33 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Short Hills,NJ!!
Old Jul 31, 2004, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by rje
Short Hills,NJ!!
Is it really that good? I am somewhat undecided, if I am going to stay there. I checked, and it has "only" three Mobil Stars.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 9:16 pm

While I enjoy the San Francisco property due to its amazing lounge and Times Square, my #1 vote would go to Zurich. Not the most luxurious but one of the best breakfasts I have had at a Hilton.

Old Aug 26, 2004, 1:01 am

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marco Polo Club Green , HH Blue, Marriott Plat
T.O. Hilton and HHV

So far on business travel (limited by where I travel to...) the Hilton Toronto is my favorite Hilton.

As for pleasure, I spent a few days at the Hilton Hawaiian Village on my last trip to Hawaii. They upgraded me to a room on the end of the Rainbow Tower and shot up fireworks that exploded right outside my 22nd floor window. I think my kid would vote for the HHV if asked for a favorite.
EthernetWeasel

Note: both hotels had Ethernet in the rooms
Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:57 am

My preferences in priority order:

GOOD
Conrad Singapore - top class and great teddy
Conrad Brussels - old world charm and sophistication
Hilton Brisbane - high rise with great amenity and duplex lounge
Budapest Hilton - best views of the city
Barcelona Hilton - all day booze in the exec lounge
Buenos Aires Hilton - great service, but not my favourite part of town
Hilton Lyons - nice balcony

NEUTRAL
Perth Hilton - refused free breakfast, but a conrner suite was nice
Rome Cavalieri Hilton - great but loses out on remoteness from the city
Prague Hilton
Strasbourg Hilton - nondescript, suitable for bureaucrats
Amsterdam Schipol - standard upclase airport hotel, v convenient

BAD/UGLY
Basel Hilton - 70s architecture, small rooms
Heathrow Hilton - nightmare to walk from T1, only upgraded after escalation
Old Aug 26, 2004, 9:44 pm

What about the Hampton Inn - Hays, Kansas. Okay, just kidding. I love this thread.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 2:35 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
My ranking of those I have visited in the last 12 months:

Top properties:

Hilton Maldives
Hilton Cavalieri
Conrad Bangkok
Hilton Fontainebleau
Hilton Budapest

ahead of:

Hilton Narita
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Beach Resort
Hilton Waikoloa Village
Hilton Palmer House Chicago
The Drake Chicago
Paris Las Vegas
Hilton Prague
Hilton Munich Park
Hilton Frankfurt
Hilton Zürich
Hilton Lyon
Hilton Berlin
Hilton Vienna Danube
Hilton Cologne

Bottom 5 of those I visited, but still ok:

Embassy Suites Chicago Lakefront
Hilton Mexico City Airport
Hilton Bonn
Doubletree Waikiki
Hilton Colombo

While making this list, I realize that I am very happy with the Hilton properties - haven't had a really bad experience yet .
Old Aug 27, 2004, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
My favorites:

Conrad Brussels (fantastic room.. even my mother was impressed)
Paris Hilton (can't beat the view from the balcony or the location)
Amsterdam Hilton (very nice executive lounge with a great staff)
Millenium Hilton NYC (fantastic upgrade on a low rate.. also great location for coming in from Newark)
Hilton Stockholm Slussen (I know many haven't been pleased there, but I had a great room and great service during my stay)

I'll be at the resort at Los Cabos over Labor Day weekend on the reduced rate.

As far as Budapest goes, I wouldn't say that the Hilton has the best view since its view is mostly the commercial Pest side of the city. I preferred the Marriott which had the Buda view.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 3:46 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Bluehen1
As far as Budapest goes, I wouldn't say that the Hilton has the best view since its view is mostly the commercial Pest side of the city. I preferred the Marriott which had the Buda view.
There are two Hiltons in Budapest, maybe you stayed at the Hilton Budapest Westend?
Old Aug 30, 2004, 10:02 am

Best in the US

I've drooled over pictures of the Maldives Hilton.... but the time getting that far away from Minnesota stops me. I would love to hear feedback on the best Hilton properties in the US 48.

RWW
Old Aug 30, 2004, 10:40 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by xmarksx
What about the Hampton Inn - Hays, Kansas. Okay, just kidding. I love this thread.
This property is absolutely one of the worst Hampton Inns at which I have ever stayed — seriously.

I highly recommend the Hiltons in Cairns, Malta and Sorrento.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 3:48 am

re: Australian Hiltons...

On my honeymoon we stayed at the Conrad Brisbane, and the Hiltons in Adelaide and Perth. As a HH Diamond, we got upgraded to suites at all three (from very cheap room rates).

The Conrad was a bit tired. Adelaide and Perth were nice hotels in a businessy sort of way. And Hilton Adelaide is in a great city-centre location.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
attorney, I know about both of them.. Stayed at neither.

The Hilton Westend is somewhat in the middle of Pest. You might get a decent view of Buda, but it's probably blocked. The Hilton Budapest is at Fisherman's Bastion, sharing part of the grounds with St. Matthias Church. The Danube view rooms would see down the hill to the river and primarily Pest. If you got lucky, the view might sweep to the south and you'd get St. Gellert Hill. However, on the Pest side (Marriott, Hyatt, Four Seasons, InterContinental), you get the full view of the Danube and the Buda side of the city. I came to the Hilton program well after I was staying in Budapest. That said, I always preferred the Buda view hotels (had a fantastic suite at the Hyatt right at Christmas time... crappy brick wall view on a second visit) although staying at the Kempinski near Vaci Ut was fantastic....
Old Sep 5, 2004, 6:57 pm

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Stayed four nights last week (Aug 23 to 27) and last night (Sep 4 to 5) at Hilton Budapest in the Castle District. Great with the view (looking down the Parliment and the Fisherman's Bastion) as long as your room is facing the Danube. Rooms are very spacious. The service is excellent. They upgraded me to a Suite last night, which was one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed. My Suite room was also facing Mathias Church corner side as well the aforementioned Danube and the Parliment. Fireworks far away was bonus. Too bad that I checked in at 6:30 PM and checked out at 5 AM this morning. A bottle of Merlot, a bottle of 1 L water, and a box of chocolate were complimentary as for Hilton Gold (as an award stay). Executive lounges were nice for hot breakfast. I understand the lounge will be closed down starting today for the next two weeks or so for renovation. By taking a bus #16 from the Pest sides near the Chain Bridge, I was able to avoid walking up the hill daily. Now, my biggest complaint about the Hilton Budapest hotel is the mattress, which is not the most comfortable.

Compared to Hilton Budapest, Hilton Marriott (stayed on Aug 27 to Aug 28). The service is truly outstanding and a top notch (in fact, it is much better than the ones I received from Hilton). "Very helpful staff". The view is totally opposite from Hilton Budapest. Now, you are looking up to the Royal Palace and Castle District. But, you still see Danube and Chain Bridge. Rooms are not as big as one in Hilton. As for an elite member, four bottles of Evian and a local brand mineral water as well as a fruit plate were complimentary even for my award stay. Their Executive Lounge is quite nice. But, the food selection may be better at Hilton Budapest. Now, you have your own freedom to choose drinks (including wines, beer, liquer, soft drinks, etc.). This hotel is located so close to ferry docks. As a result, it can be loud. The mattress is much more comfortable just like any other Marriott Hotel provides. This hotel is also conveniently located as well. The best thing I rated for this hotel was the service I received.

In summary, I recommend both hotels in case if you consider staying at any of the two hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.