Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Best Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Best Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2003, 12:11 am

Ottawa Lac Leamy

I am in one of their rooms. Will depart next day.... two bottles of water and chocolate besides bed; sandles besides bed on a piece of white cloth; bathrope on bed; bed already turned down; and a card thanks for staying with tomorrow's weather. Who can beat this?

Whoever travelled to Ottawa area, you gotta check this out. This Hilton simply beats all the Ottawa area hotel with a big margin and the rate is about C$60 cheaper than the nearby Westin. The only drawback is it is about 10 minutes drive to Ottawa downtown.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 1:02 am

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Conrads in SIN, HKG, BKK are graciously appointed modern hotels with top-notch service. The Waldorf Towers (Conrad) comes close. Conrad Brussels and London are simply magnificent.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 6:47 am
In Memoriam

got to give another vote for Shanghai, just based on the lounge......

older hotel, clean and all, but the lounge makes it happen
Old Mar 28, 2003, 7:15 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Conrad HKG, SIN and BKK for sure....
Old Mar 29, 2003, 8:16 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Can't say best in the world by any measure but certainly up there
Conrad Brussels
Conrad Hong Kong
Auckland Hilton
*Trafalgar in London
(* more of an exciting new direction )

And LOL the #1 in a class by itself
The Hilton Rockefeller Center in NY
True World Class luxury
Perfection in Hospitality with a small
intimate personal recognition & feel
Ok I am kidding here on this one

Now only 100 Posts away from 777
My very own handle !

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Swissotel Club Gold
U/A 1k

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 03-29-2003).]
Old Mar 29, 2003, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Conrad Mount Juliet, Kilkenny, Ireland.
Mike
Old Jul 7, 2004, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Best Hilton Hotel...Period!

I am only a silver Hilton member but have accumulated a decent chunk of points (250K+), and am wanting to cash them in for a nice trip with the wife. I have read a few posts about nice Hilton hotels, and was wondering if anyone can share what they consider their favorite Hilton Resort or Hotels, regardless of location.....any help would be appreciated, as I have had bad luck so far trying to pick nice high end Hiltons.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
As a diamond, my vote is for the Cavalieri in Rome.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I can personnally attest to the Cavalieri. Awesome.

Based on feedback from others on this board the Conrad Hong Kong is very very good as well.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 1:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bsdstone
...as I have had bad luck so far trying to pick nice high end Hiltons.
As I am just starting out my HH point earning career, I only have a "few" Hiltons to comment on. None of which you would want to spend many points on.

I am curious which ones you picked out as high end and what made them not so good.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I've only really tried the Hiltons in Chicago, including the Hilton and towers, Palmer House, and the Drake. They are all pretty tired and definitely not worth the price or the points. I travel pretty extensively and think that the Starwoods high end resorts/hotels are the best, so they get most of my business, but Hilton gets quite a bit too....just looking for some tips from people who frequent Hiltons....seems the Rome Hilton gets rave reviews, so that is a good possibility!
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I spent several days at the Hilton Paris (Eiffel) last year and it was very nice. The hotel was nice, of course, but the location made it exceptional for us.

I scored several days at the Rome Cavalieri this coming December, and I'm expecting it to be pretty fabulous, based on the posts I've seen here.

Some advice: it's difficult to get award availability at these properties, especially an award for several days in a row. I had to look now for the Cavalieri in December, and I'm a Gold. I'm currently working on a promo to get my Diamond back (I was a Diamond in Paris) and it makes all the difference in the world when you stay there. I definitely want to be a Diamond when we walk in the front door in Rome.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:27 pm

My picks

1. Conrads, I've stayed at the Hong Kong and Bali.
2. Hanoi Opera
3. Cancun
4. Waikoloa Village

All the others I've stayed at have been unremarkable.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:32 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Both my wife and I loved the HHV. And the Hilton Paris. Paris more for the City, HHV more for the property itself.

We are going back to HHV later this year we enjoyed it so much.

Though, Had I been able to convince her to take the flight, I would have gone to Maldives.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigLar
I spent several days at the Hilton Paris (Eiffel) last year and it was very nice. The hotel was nice, of course, but the location made it exceptional for us.

I scored several days at the Rome Cavalieri this coming December, and I'm expecting it to be pretty fabulous, based on the posts I've seen here.

Some advice: it's difficult to get award availability at these properties, especially an award for several days in a row. I had to look now for the Cavalieri in December, and I'm a Gold. I'm currently working on a promo to get my Diamond back (I was a Diamond in Paris) and it makes all the difference in the world when you stay there. I definitely want to be a Diamond when we walk in the front door in Rome.
Thanks for the advice....I had no idea it was so difficult to get these awards and that your status plays such a big part in your expereince....another reason I probably left Hilton Honors a few years back. I may start searching now for our anniversary in October or for Mothers day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.