Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Zurich Airport {CHE}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: LH Sen, AF/KL gold, AB platinum, BA silver, HHonors diamond, SPG gold, ...
not what I expected

The rooms are not great, the main desk is overcrowded and the shuttle distance is too far for an airport hotel.
Must not have it again!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by PaxCGN
The rooms are not great, the main desk is overcrowded and the shuttle distance is too far for an airport hotel.
Must not have it again!
The rooms are open for debate but the shuttle distance being too far? It is just a few minutes ride...not far at all IMO.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:51 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
free internet for HH Gold/Dia

Just to mention that free internet for Gold/Dia is wired only, not wireless, and therefore in-room only, not accessible in the Exec Lounge.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Hilton Apart-Hotel (operated by Hilton Zurich Airport)?

Has anyone heard of this hotel? Apart Hotel – operated by Hilton.

It uses the Hilton logo, and email addresses, yet is not listed on the Hilton website. Does it offer Hilton benefits to Hhonors members?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Has anyone heard of this hotel? Apart Hotel – operated by Hilton.

It uses the Hilton logo, and email addresses, yet is not listed on the Hilton website. Does it offer Hilton benefits to Hhonors members?
Very basic, no Hilton points from what I know. I did not stay there myself but some people from work did and they did not like it.
It uses the same Hilton shuttle though (have stopped there a couple of times offloading guests) and is a little closer to the airport.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by nrr
As a Hilton Gold (courtesy of AA), I was upgraded to their executive floor
How did AA give you HH Gold status?

Originally Posted by mcgahat
A couple of changes in the property since my last stay. There is a new exectutive lounge. The old lounge on the 5th floor is now a crew lounge. The new lounge is on the back side of the open kitchen area so as you walk down the hallway past the restaurant it is on the right. Very nice lounge and a great upgrade to the old facility. Also, bar area seems to be all non-smoking now and this is a great change for me but I am sure many will not be so pleased.
Glad to hear this! The smokiness of the restaurant and bar was a problem for me when I stayed there as part of a MR in 2009. Hearing it's now non-smoking, I'm happy to consider a return.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by German Expat
Very basic, no Hilton points from what I know. I did not stay there myself but some people from work did and they did not like it.
Thanks - I was afraid that would be the case.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:38 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Update - good and bad

First the good news - upgraded as Gold to exec room as always, offered b'fast in the lounge or restaurant. ^

Bad news - the old big Hilton van is gone, to be replaced by a 6 seat Mercedes Viano (?) with no obvious Hilton branding. I missed it totally the first time it came past at the airport looking out for the old silver van with the big H on the side, when it came back 20 minutes later there were about 15 people waiting ... I jumped a cab.

Also, the birchermuesli in the resto for breakfast is very disappointing.

All in all still good with glitches.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Current shuttle timetable (February 2012)

The last shuttle from/to the airport is now 50-60 mins earlier than previously advertised. Here is the current shuttle timetable.

My flight arrived late last weekend and I managed to catch the last shuttle from the airport. It was a Hilton-branded van with a luggage trailer and certainly not a 6 seater, which was just as well since some people were standing.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I had two stays at the Zurich Airport Hilton during the last week.

For my first stay I had booked a Queen Executive Room in the January (Any Weekend Anywhere) sale and was upgraded to a King Relaxation Room.

My second stay was on a weeknight and I had decided I could not justify the rate the Hilton was charging. So I booked a night at the Apart-Hotel down the road via hotels.com. The shuttle driver asked me a couple of times if I was sure I wanted to get off at the Apart-Hotel. I told him I was sure, walked to the reception where I found I had been upgraded to the Hilton. They did not have my HH membership number in my booking but a receptionist saw my Gold HH card and upgraded me to an Executive Room. ^ Not bad for less than what I paid in the Any Weekend Anywhere sale.

To my surprise base points posted at 30% (?) but bonus points (1K Q1 promo + 1K MyWay preference) and miles also posted, so I'm not complaining.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Just to mention that free internet for Gold/Dia is wired only, not wireless, and therefore in-room only, not accessible in the Exec Lounge.
It has been updated since then to free wireless (for Gold/Diamond) throughout hotel. Rooms have option of wired OR wireless (you must choose, as they are two different providers). I found the wireless to be high speed and thus no need for a wired connection.

On my very last visit they were able to issue a wireless connection (single user name/password) for 7 days, whereas previously it had to be renewed everyday.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:43 pm

For my last three stays, the shuttles were marked with Hilton logos and quite obvious. There is a silver one that holds about a dozen people and a dark blue one that is larger. The service was great, as my business was at the airport and I took the shuttle back and forth daily. Never late, and a quick 5-7 minute trip. No complaints here! ^
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:52 pm

I have a couple of questions.

1) It seems like the best way to get from the hotel to the city is to take the shuttle to the airport and then public transport into Zurich and back. Seems to not be that inconvenient, and about 1 hour travel time. Any suggestions for this?

2) If I book 2 rooms with Points + $$ and only I am a diamond, does that mean that 1 room would be on the executive floor and the second room is on a different floor? I am assuming that 2 people would still have access to the executive lounge regardless of floor?

3) What are the times/quality for the food/bevs for breakfast and evening times? With prices being so expensive in Switzerland, having a nice complementary breakfast would be nice, and even nicer if we could get it for all four of us!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by strawbearlyjamms
I have a couple of questions.

1) It seems like the best way to get from the hotel to the city is to take the shuttle to the airport and then public transport into Zurich and back. Seems to not be that inconvenient, and about 1 hour travel time. Any suggestions for this?
I can only answer this part having stayed at the hotel last weekend. If you don't mind a walk (and it's not that bad though you do have to go down hill), there is a train station with ticketing machines about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Kloten Balsburg is on the S7 line. I took that to connect to Zurich Hauptbahnhof for my trip to Liechtenstein.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 1:07 pm

Thank you! A 10 minute walk sounds just fine. Thanks for the info.

Also, I found this from the gold/diamond breakfast thread, I thought I'd share here as kind of answers my question:

GJS - yow

Originally Posted by tebfunk View Post
A couple updates:

The Hilton Malta does not offer breakfast in the lounge in the "winter". I asked and "winter" seems to be loosely defined. Full buffet in the restaurant only.

Hilton Zurich Airport has an intermediate+ breakfast in the lounge (eggs, potatoes, sausages, and the usual continental options).
Update: Hilton Zurich Airport

Offered the choice of Executive Lounge (intermediate+ breakfast as described above) OR main restaurant (full breakfast; actually a sumptuous buffet) at no extra cost.

Same options on three separate visits in last three months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.