Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points/miles for Hilton stays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2001, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Points/miles for Hilton stays

In mid November we stayed at two Hiltons and didn't receive points or miles. Are they still giving them? One stay we purchased through Priceline and the other was a TEEN award. Both stays we incurred additional expenses (dining) that I charged with my AMEX Hilton card. Should I have received some points?
Old Dec 4, 2001, 12:08 pm

Sammy -- Priceline and award stays are not supposed to get you points/miles, but I'm sure you knew that. Your additional expenses would've generated you HH points if you charged them to your room. If I understand your post correctly, you charged those expenses (dining) directly to your AmEx card instead. Thus, the only HH points you are due are those from AmEx.
Old Dec 4, 2001, 1:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Your additional expenses would've generated you HH points if you charged them to your room.</font>
One would certainly think so. Nevertheless, Kristy Hall recently informed me that I was not entitled to points for room charges on a recent Priceline stay. (She granted me the infamous "one time exception.")

Something to keep in mind.
Old Dec 4, 2001, 2:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
Something to keep in mind. </font>
Thanks for the warning! Not sure about Priceline stays, but room charges on award stays seem to generate points without a problem.

Old Dec 4, 2001, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

I charged them to my room and the charge card I used was my AMEX Hilton. I am a HH Gold and they told me that I am NOT entitled to points. Could this really be correct? Are they really encouraging me NOT to use their facilities and to frequent other restaurants and spas? It doesn't seem right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.