Hilton Munich Park {DEU}

Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:04 pm

Should be a little less than 1mile across "Englischer Garten", about 10-15min by foot, from the Hilton to the subway station "Giselastraße" (U3/U6).
From there it's a 3min ride to "Marienplatz", which is directly at city hall & Viktualienmarkt, part of the pedestrian area, 3min from Hofbräuhaus and connects to pretty much any other line in town.
Hilton Munich city would be more conveniently located, but still a decent tourist location. You also have the park right next to you (great place to hang out if the weather is ok, including 2 beer gardens (I'd prefer "Seehaus because of the view of the lake) and Leopoldstraße (lots of bars & restaurants) and Maximilianstraße ("high-end" shopping/boutiques) are also close by from Giselastraße.

Last edited by SR12; Jul 13, 2012 at 10:09 pm
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by SR12
Should be a little less than 1mile across "Englischer Garten", about 10-15min by foot, from the Hilton to the subway station "Giselastraße" (U3/U6).
From there it's a 3min ride to "Marienplatz", which is directly at city hall & Viktualienmarkt, part of the pedestrian area, 3min from Hofbräuhaus and .....
Thank You. I was concerned that it is a 30-40 min walk to transportation.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:22 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ellylex
Thank You. I was concerned that it is a 30-40 min walk to transportation.
Tram line 18 has a stop at Tivolistrasse, less than five minutes' walk from the hotel. It will take you to the center in 5-10 minutes.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SR12
From there it's a 3min ride to "Marienplatz", which is directly at city hall & Viktualienmarkt, part of the pedestrian area, 3min from Hofbräuhaus and connects to pretty much any other line in town.
Hilton Munich city would be more conveniently located, but still a decent tourist location. You also have the park right next to you (great place to hang out if the weather is ok, including 2 beer gardens (I'd prefer "Seehaus because of the view of the lake) and Leopoldstraße (lots of bars & restaurants) and Maximilianstraße ("high-end" shopping/boutiques) are also close by from Giselastraße.
I agree Hilton Munich City would be a better location, but I switch back and forth on my visits.

A benefit of Munich Park is that you can park for free on the street (if you can find a spot, which you should). Munich City you will have to pay.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Tram line 18 has a stop at Tivolistrasse, less than five minutes' walk from the hotel. It will take you to the center in 5-10 minutes.
Thanks for the info. I read there was a pass for 2 people that can be purchased for public transport. Don't remember the price - 10 euros, i think.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Thanks for the info. I read there was a pass for 2 people that can be purchased for public transport. Don't remember the price - 10 euros, i think.

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
I agree Hilton Munich City would be a better location, but I switch back and forth on my visits.
Unfortunately, there is no availability for standard award at this hotel during Oktobest, that is why I chose the Munich Park property.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:26 am

You probably just need "Innenraum/Ring 1-4", which should cover pretty much anything you will want to see/do in Munich (except for the airport transfer). Ticket is valid for SBahn, subway, bus, tram within rings 1-4 (=green zone). You should see the ring number or zone color on all info maps at the different stations/stops.

In case you buy a ticket for "Innenraum/Ring 1-4", it cost's:
5.60EUR for a single person per day (13.80EUR for a 3day ticket)
10.20EUR for a "partner" ticket, valid for up to 5 people (23.70EUR for the 3day version)

And don't forget to validate/stamp your ticket ;-)

And I should add something about my earlier remark about distance to public transportation: While living in Munich I barely ever used the Tram/bus, therefore I referred just to the nearest subway/SBahn station. Tram probably is the closest and fastest option, though the walk to subway station "Giselastraße" would lead you through the park, which is beautiful ;-)

Last edited by SR12; Jul 17, 2012 at 1:33 am
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:26 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I don't remember the price either, but I do remember buying the passes from the consierge.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 3:47 pm

Thumbs up Hilton Munich Park - Standard Awards still available for Oktoberfest 2013

Just thought I'd let people know about a good deal before capacity control or Mar 28th arrives. I just booked 4 nights for 119,000pts (29,750/ni) with a Standard VIP reward for late September during Oktoberfest in Munich at the Hilton Munich Park. With current exchange rates this works out to about $.014/point.

After Mar 28 these rooms will be 70,000pts/ni thanks to the new seasonal adjustments.

I'll see you there!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:11 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Am at the Hotel right now (HH Gold at the moment)

- guy checking in says "oh we gave you the highest floor possible, king bed"
- didn't think much of it, didn't review
- looking at key: floor 6 (the hotel has about 15 or so floors)
- walk into room: two twin beds
- so, obviously, no upgrade to executive floor
- instead of King room, as booked, two twin beds
- checked online, executive floor rooms available, king bed rooms available
- no mention of how to use the free internet
- no mention of breakfast
- no free water provided in the room
- but the worst thing: at 6:45 a.m., massive construction noise starts. My call to the operator, answer: "Oh...they were supposed to start at 7 a.m. It's at the next building." Seems to be an ongoing thing that might take longer.

On Starwood's website, there is a notice when there are extraordinary conditions. No notice at all of this massive construction noise - which basically makes any sleep impossible - was given at all at the time of booking in this case.

Thumbs down for the Hilton Munich Park.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Stayed at the Munich Park recently. Booked Deluxe Room to get ensure good view of the city (cost difference from standard was tiny), upgraded to a very nice Exec room on the 14th. What really didn't go down well with me was the afternoon tea offering in the lounge, which consisted of biscuits and if you were quick some basic little pieces of cake. No sandwiches in any case. Also, staff struggled to cope during peak hours (saying peak hours I mean more than 10 people in lounge at once). Staff numbers seem to have been cut.

Breakfast service was a complete farce, starting with tables not being cleared despite a queue, with some guests deciding to clear their tables for their use. One lady decided to use a chair/table in the corridor leading to the restaurant for her to have sit down breakfast. Asking staff about missing item on table (I think I wanted a knife) I had a very discouraging response.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Stayed here last week. Had booked a Deluxe room and also let the hotel know that it was our wedding anniversary during our stay.

Long wait for check and got annoyed when a Qatar FA tried to push in front of the line. Luckily the guy on the front desk saw a whole line of people glaring at her and called the next guy forward.

We were told there were no Executive rooms available - strange as when I had checked before flying to MUC there were. The woman checking us in was adamant that none were available.

Room was OK and there was a small mini bar of soft drinks free of charge. Once we got to our room I checked room availability again and sure enough there were at least 3 Executive rooms available. Took the proof down to front desk. They weren't in the least embarassed that they were caught lying so I guess this is standard practice here?

Still wouldn't move us to an Executive room and as I didnt want to cause a scene I just told her that I would be sending a complaint to Hilton.

Went out for lunch and came back to a note apologising for the mix up and a bottle of Prosecco so at least they had tried to make it a little better.

Room was very comfortable, nice bed and very quiet so no complaints. Breakfast in the lounge was OK. Plenty of staff and tables were being cleared quickly and food replenished.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:39 pm

Has anyone stated at this hotel in the last few months, or more recently than the 2013 updates? Any reviews / input would be great.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I have been here in March 2015 for a one night stay. It has long been since I stayed there before (I prefer Hilton Munich City for the location and being a returning guest there). I think Hilton Munich Park improved with a renovation accomplished. This time I was Diamond and I enjoyed the executive lounge a lot. They accommodated my preferences in my profile. Pre-arrival upgrade has been from a basic room (booked) to an executive floor room facing the park (Englischer Garten). Staff were pleasant.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
During a recent five-night stay at Hilton Munich Park, I was upgraded to a deluxe room (i.e., higher floor) from the standard room I'd booked. The room was large and nicely appointed, having been renovated within the past few years. All rooms feature private though curiously unfurnished balconies; mine overlooked the Englischer Garten. My only complaint with the room was the relatively small amount of counter space in the bathroom; the hotel could easily add shelves to the unused space beneath the sink.

My HHonors Diamond status afforded access to the executive lounge, which, though sometimes crowded, offered a nice selection of canapés and alcoholic beverages between 6:00 and 8:30 each evening. The lounge staff were uniformly friendly and helpful.

I was invited to have breakfast in either Tivoli restaurant or the executive lounge and tried both options over the course of my stay. The restaurant buffet offered much greater variety (including an omelet station and a cool machine that squeezed fresh orange juice on demand), but the lounge selection was also sufficient. We had a late dinner at Tivoli one evening and the food was fair but not exceptional. The cocktails and service at People's Bar in the lobby were excellent, if somewhat pricey for Munich.

The fitness center and spa were nice, though the pool was on the smaller side.

Having now stayed twice at Hilton Munich Park, I wouldn't hesitate to return. Though Hilton Munich City is more centrally located, Hilton Munich Park's rooms are more modern and the Englischer Garten is a fantastic setting. The 54 bus stops directly outside the hotel and offers frequent service and connections to the underground and trams.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.