Hilton Munich Park {DEU}

Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:56 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
well, i have booked 2 rooms from 31.12. to 2.1.2008. I am a gold member and recieved 5! bar vouchers (we ordered the most expensive drink ), best available deluxe room (because the lady at the check-in counter said that there are no exec. rooms available at the moment), minibar credit for a evian water (about 6 Euro) and last but not least 5 breakfast vouchers. All in all we saved about 350 Euro...Great isn't it? ^^^
Old Jan 8, 2008, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gaugeguy
I guess as a Diamond member, they would treat you a little better. There was no recognition of Diamond status at all except for the free breakfast they had to provide. No room upgrade.
Oh boy, good for them that I was not in your situation. I would have been veeeery loud, you can believe me

46 USD for a 8 minute call and no upgrade? Pha... That makes me feel comfortable not going to stay there. Was actually thinking about it because I need some few nights to requalify for another Diamond year.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
what a nice property! We stayed there Dec. 27-29 and I was upgraded to the Exec. floor ^^^, but this is not all, the 2nd room for my parents was also upgraded to Exec. floor ^ :- :^ Great lounge, which has apparently been remodeled recently (no more smoking in Bavaria as of 1.1.08 ^). One of the best stays at a Hilton in the past couple of years! Highly recommended and I will be back next time I am in MUC.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 6:05 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
do you know if the lounge is opened on the weekend?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nixande
do you know if the lounge is opened on the weekend?
there was no indication the lounge would close on any day. With 2 exec. floors I guess they need to keep it open all year. 7 am - 11 pm
Old Mar 2, 2008, 6:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Hilton Munich Park Hotel - email address of manager?

I will like to check late morning (if possible) at the Hilton Munich Park Hotel next weekend - I have already indicated so, when I booked through central Hilton reservations. I would like to make the request directly to the hotel - I wonder if anyone knows the email address of the manager (or someone else who can deal with the request).
Old Mar 6, 2008, 3:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Best Way to go from MUC to Munich Park Hilton - with 2 pieces of baggage

What is the most practical and cost-effective way of going between MUC and the Munich Park Hotel, with 2 pieces of baggage? If I take a taxi, what are the rates?
Old Mar 6, 2008, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

Take the train to Ostbahnhof (S8 NOT 51) and take a cab from there. Taxi from MUC will be in the range of 70 Euro, cab from Ostbahnhof 15 Euro plus about 9 Euro for the train (and can well be faster)
Old Mar 6, 2008, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

Take the train to Ostbahnhof (S8 NOT 51) and take a cab from there. Taxi from MUC will be in the range of 70 Euro, cab from Ostbahnhof 15 Euro plus about 9 Euro for the train (and can well be faster)
Old Mar 6, 2008, 3:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
I managed to find a website that provides MUC airport transfer service to city centre hotels for approx EUR 63. Have not tried it yet my trip is only in April.
Have anyone used this service before ? Before is the website link :

http://www.a-t-s.net/default.asp?id_...&id_country=49
Old Mar 18, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
http://www.taxi-muenchen-online.de/engl/ZZENGL6.HTM

My company uses this taxi service to shuttle from MUC.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:47 pm

by local train und bus for Euro 8.80 about USD 14

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
What is the most practical and cost-effective way of going between MUC and the Munich Park Hotel, with 2 pieces of baggage? If I take a taxi, what are the rates?
take the local train leaving from munich airport line S8 and go to Ostbahnhof (railwaystation east), there you change to MetroBus 54 gett off at stop Tucherpark the whole trip takes 1 hour 2 minutes, cost for a single ticket 8.80 Euros. If you buy a one day ticket, you are entiteld to unlimited use of public transport in Munich that day. You can check trip details at this website, available in German, English, French and Italian:
http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/de/home/f...nft/index.html
Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:00 am

Hilton Munich Park - July 2009

Here’s a short report about my recent trip to the Hilton Munich Park. After checking-out at the Hilton Munich City (see my separate trip report) we drove to the Hilton Munich Park (HHonors Category 4), Am Tucherpark 7, 80538 Munich, Tel: +49-89-38450, Fax: +49-89-38452588. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a bellman who offered assistance with our bags. After approaching the Front Desk, we were also greeted by the Front Desk agent. A few minutes later the agent handed us our room keys and apologized that she was not able to offer a complimentary upgrade, due to a fully booked hotel.

As I knew from other fellow FT’ers the Hilton Munich Park often doesn’t comply with the HHonors T&C by not providing upgrades to Gold and Diamonds.

In my room (no welcome note, no water, no VIP amenity), I took my laptop and checked the hotels availability online on www.hilton.com. As I assumed, there were still two Executive Rooms available at this time. To verify this information I also called International Reservation Desk and asked for two Executive Rooms. The agent also confirmed that there were still two Executive Rooms available.

So I went back to the Front Desk and asked the agent for what reason she couldn’t provide an upgrade. Once more she replied that the hotel is almost sold out and there are no more rooms available on their Executive Floor. I told her about the posts here on FT, my online check and my phone call with International Reservations. I placed my cell phone on the Front Desk, pushed redial and asked her to talk to her colleague to verify my information. Of course, she refused to accept my offer. Instead she went back on her computer to check the inventory again. After a few seconds she found one last room on the Executive Floor but mentioned it would be a small room, actually for single use only, but she’ll be happy to offer me this room. As I was travelling with my colleague (also Gold VIP) this last single room didn’t solve our problem completely, so I declined her offer. Also I knew, that the agent still was not telling the truth, as International Reservation confirmed two vacant Executive Rooms a few minutes ago. In addition to this, I have never ever been assigned a Single Room. Instead I always got a King Size room for single use. This morning I called Hilton Munich’s Reservation Department and asked expressly for a single room at the Hilton Munich Park. I wasn’t surprised, when the friendly agent told me, that the Hilton Munich Park does not have single rooms but she can offer me a regular King Size room for single use!

It’s not the declined upgrade what made me so angry, it’s the agents arrogance and disrespectful behaviour she treats customers with. This morning I wrote an email to the GM, who is also GM of the Hilton Munich City. Will report back if I receive a reply.

I recommend to stay away from this property and book the Hilton Munich City instead. Always very helpful and very friendly staff.

Last edited by servus; Jul 14, 2009 at 12:48 pm
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by servus
Here’s a short report about my recent trip to the Hilton Munich Park. After checking-out at the Hilton Munich City (see my separate trip report – to be added asap) we drove to the Hilton Munich Park (HHonors Category 4), Am Tucherpark 7, 80538 Munich, Tel: +49-89-38450, Fax: +49-89-38452588. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a bellman who offered assistance with our bags. After approaching the Front Desk, we were also greeted by the Front Desk agent. A few minutes later the agent handed us our room keys and apologized that she was not able to offer a complimentary upgrade, due to a fully booked hotel.

As I knew from other fellow FT’ers the Hilton Munich Park often doesn’t comply with the HHonors T&C by not providing upgrades to Gold and Diamonds.

In my room (no welcome note, no water, no VIP amenity), I took my laptop and checked the hotels availability online on www.hilton.com. As I assumed, there were still two Executive Rooms available at this time. To verify this information I also called International Reservation Desk and asked for two Executive Rooms. The agent also confirmed that there were still two Executive Rooms available.

So I went back to the Front Desk and asked the agent for what reason she couldn’t provide an upgrade. Once more she replied that the hotel is almost sold out and there are no more rooms available on their Executive Floor. I told her about the posts here on FT, my online check and my phone call with International Reservations. I placed my cell phone on the Front Desk, pushed redial and asked her to talk to her colleague to verify my information. Of course, she refused to accept my offer. Instead she went back on her computer to check the inventory again. After a few seconds she found one last room on the Executive Floor but mentioned it would be a small room, actually for single use only, but she’ll be happy to offer me this room. As I was travelling with my colleague (also Gold VIP) this last single room didn’t solve our problem completely, so I declined her offer. Also I knew, that the agent still was not telling the truth, as International Reservation confirmed two vacant Executive Rooms a few minutes ago. In addition to this, I have never ever been assigned a Single Room. Instead I always got a King Size room for single use. This morning I called Hilton Munich’s Reservation Department and asked expressly for a single room at the Hilton Munich Park. I wasn’t surprised, when the friendly agent told me, that the Hilton Munich Park does not have single rooms but she can offer me a regular King Size room for single use!

It’s not the declined upgrade what made me so angry, it’s the agents arrogance and disrespectful behaviour she treats customers with. This morning I wrote an email to the GM, who is also GM of the Hilton Munich City. Will report back if I receive a reply.

I recommend to stay away from this property and book the Hilton Munich City instead. Always very helpful and very friendly staff.
other than the fact that NEITHER golds nor diamonds get guaranteed upgrades to the exec. floor and golds don't even get guaranteed lounge access you did a fabulous job

I am surprised they offered you the upgrade after you made such a ridiculous scene. Poor girl at the front desk!

Btw. this is a very nice hotel and I stayed there a few times ... if you ask nicely at check-in they might even upgrade you.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 3:49 pm

I don't know what to say......
I have stayed there 3 times in the last six months and I was always given lounge access..... and never had to ask for it
I have gold status.
I guess it just depends on occupancy levels.
BTW everyone was terribly polite.
Go figure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.