Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Honeymoon Thread: 2001-2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA: MM
I'll let you know in two weeks. I booked a Rainbow Tower delux ocean view and noted that it was for a honeymoon stay in the comments. We're getting in next Monday and we'll see what happens...

I know it's not the least expensive route, but I'll be able to ask if we got anything extra for the honeymoon (over Diamond alone).

FWIW

DLM

PS, yes it will be our actual honeymoon, not just a test...
Old Mar 11, 2005, 8:39 am

On our honeymoon, we took in Conrad Brisbane and the Hiltons in Adelaide and Perth. We got treated very nicely at all three, though it's not clear whether the mention of 'honeymoon' did anything that 'diamond' didn't.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
we should try the "Honeymoon" line next stay, but maybe the four boys ib tow will tip them off...

Special occasions happen all the time I guess. Beside good faith how does HH keep track of these things. The way society abuse these things I suspect that these things will get little recognition over time...
Old Mar 11, 2005, 5:53 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by fromYXU
we should try the "Honeymoon" line next stay, but maybe the four boys ib tow will tip them off...

Special occasions happen all the time I guess. Beside good faith how does HH keep track of these things. The way society abuse these things I suspect that these things will get little recognition over time...
I totally agree... but they do try..

My wife and I had a stay in Cancun for our vacation. We emailed the hotel and talked to the Rooms Manager, we were upgraded to a Jr Suite (on a VIP-Free Stay as a GOLD). They were very kind about it and agreeable. The Hilton in Cancun is a very nice property too... this gave us a our own Jaqcuzzi on the deck...
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: UA: MM
No Love at The HHV for us

Well, we checked in at the airport and we got a Delux Ocean Front facing Diamond Head which is exactly what I reserved and paid for. It's hard to grumble when you get what you pay for but...

I did ask for as high a floor as possible and they put us on 10. In my book, 10 is not a high floor in a 31 story building. I asked for a better room and they say we might get one later in the week, we'll see.

There was no personal greating or recognition of my status. The only thing with my name on it was a note slipped under the door to visit the HGVC for a sales presentation. I had to ask about the water (2 bottles per stay) but there was a note saying one pot of coffee per day was "on them."

More later...

ALOHA

DLM
Old Jun 8, 2005, 7:59 am

Programs: HHonors, OnePass
Question Best Honeymoon Location???

I'm looking for places to go on my honeymoon in March 2006. I'm a diamond with 400,000+ points and would like to use them, but if we found a place we really like we wouldn't be opposed to staying there. Flying out of Houston we would prefer to keep the fly short and were thinking about the Caribbean, South America or Mexico. We have both been to Hawaii and thought we would travel some place we haven't been before. Just looking to relax on the beach/pool at a nice hotel. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 2P; AAGold;HHonors Diamond
I recommend a week in Cancun followed by a week in Cabo San Lucas.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 1:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC Elite, Flying Blue Gold
Cabo San Lucas and Barbados.
Antigua is also very nice but there's no Hilton...
Seychelles is also beautiful...but far to travel, and no Hilton yet.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 1:17 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Cancun

The first place that came to my mind was Cancun! My husband and I were there for 11 days in February and we had an absolutely awesome time. We were very leary (he was) about going to Mexico, but we have been to Hawaii so often, we really wanted to try something different. Every Feb. for the last 6 or so years, we take a trip to Hawaii because of the state holidays, Valentine's Day and his birthday. Anyway, after reading various reviews, and since the flight was the same 5 hours we were used to, we went to Cancun.

I wrote a Trip Report on this place so you may want to search by my username...it was pretty involved and I have lots of pictures if you want me to send them to you.

I thought this place was VERY romantic. I have never seen a more private balcony, EVER! It was huge and there was a jacuzzi tub out there and we had a few baths in the moonlight and even one in the morning with our coffee and tea!

The beach is really nice and you can go into town so easily...to get a car, IMHO, is a waste because the bus stops (literally) outside the front of the Hilton!

We got his/her spa treatments in the same room....that was romantic too.

Next February, we are going to Cabo San Lucas...I am told it will pale in comparision to Cancun, but we got to try it!

If I can answer any questions, let me know.

Dawn
Old Jun 8, 2005, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 2P; AAGold;HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by kedcr22
I recommend a week in Cancun followed by a week in Cabo San Lucas.
I just realized... Cancun might not be the best spot in March for a honeymoon given the Spring Break madness.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 3:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
I forgot about that....

Originally Posted by kedcr22
I just realized... Cancun might not be the best spot in March for a honeymoon given the Spring Break madness.
You know, I think he is right about that spring break thing. We were there from Feb 10 until Feb 20 and we must have heard a million times that our timing was perfect because NEXT week all he** breaks lose! We thought that was odd that spring break would be associated with Feb/March, but it is there!

Forgot about that....it was so calm when we were there!

Dawn
Old Jun 8, 2005, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Cabo!

The Hilton Resort in Los Cabos is magnificent. Gorgeous view, fabulous pool, great staff and food!

(that's a lot of superlatives for one reveiw)
Old Jun 8, 2005, 6:11 pm

My husband and I love the Hilton Waikola Village, but for our honeymoon, we went crazy and went to Africa for the safari using the hilton reward SAF8.

We coupled it with stops in Italy and Prague and we just LOVED it. I cannot recommend it enough -- very relaxing, very romantic and VERY much a "wow" factor when people ask where you are going

Know you said you did not want a long flight, but it's really not the bad.

Congrats on your marriage!
Old Jun 8, 2005, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier, IC Ambassador, HHONORS Diamond VIP, Priority Club Platinum
IRELAND CONRAD's

Originally Posted by Amy28

Know you said you did not want a long flight, but it's really not the bad.

Congrats on your marriage!
Kind of along the same lines, I recommend the two Conrad's in Ireland. For 300,000 pts you can do a 6 night stay at each of the properties. Ireland was part of my honeymoon and I loved it...the only issue we had was when my wife took off the mirror of a parked car. My wife found driving on the left side of the road, with a stick shift, kind of tricky. Hertz was not happy, but the trip was memorable.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 7:13 am

Programs: HHonors, OnePass
[QUOTE=Ifly2much]The Hilton Resort in Los Cabos is magnificent. Gorgeous view, fabulous pool, great staff and food!

The Hilton Los Cabos looks great on the website. How close is it if we wanted to go someplace outside the resort? What else is there to do in the area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.