Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Scandic Added To — Then Out of — Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scandic Added To — Then Out of — Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2007, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by JDiver
I was then able to book the PointStretcher (15,000 points per night for a Queen Superior at the Scandic Continental) from Dec 23 through New Year's day 2008, and had to add a similar room at €187 (about USD $256, currently) for one more night - Finnrail generally doesn't operate much of anything on major holidays like New Year's or Midsummer's Day.
The Scandic's hotels in Helsinki can be had at really low prices during slow times of the year. IMHO I wold rather pay 74 euros per night for Scandic Continenal than use 15K HHonors points.

Do you mean Finnair or VR (VR is the railway operator in Finland)?
Old Aug 27, 2007, 11:58 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
When did you book the award?
I called the Diamond desk yesterday to try to book the Scandic - Brussels in Nov and was told they would not take any award stays for Scandic.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 5:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I just booked these yesterday (Sunday Aug 26th) with the HH Diamond Desk, whose CSR consulted with a supervisor. I have just e-mailed the hotel to verify the booking.

Award bookings can be booked at the Scandic website today, extending through December 31, 2007. Cut the desk out of it if you do not need them. (You gotta wonder what some of these CSR folks are on...)

Originally Posted by Tomphot
When did you book the award?
I called the Diamond desk yesterday to try to book the Scandic - Brussels in Nov and was told they would not take any award stays for Scandic.

Actually they received a better room than the base level room - a Queen Superior, which for the high portion of that time period they are staying is actually €134 / $182.62 a night. For 15k HH points a night, I am willing to "spend" that as a gift for them, and less so the money for a lengthy stay (9 nights.)

Originally Posted by holtju2
The Scandic's hotels in Helsinki can be had at really low prices during slow times of the year. IMHO I wold rather pay 74 euros per night for Scandic Continenal than use 15K HHonors points.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 28, 2007 at 12:37 pm
Old Feb 1, 2008, 7:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Scandic no longer Hilton

As from the NWA site "Effective January 1, 2008, Scandic brands will cease to be part of the Hilton Family of Hotels and HHonors program. WorldPerks members will no longer be awarded miles for stays at Scandic brand hotels."

Not much mention on the forum but it's kind of old news.

Good to make a quick note so that everyone is aware that Scandic is no longer a part of the Hilton family.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by globalthought
As from the NWA site "Effective January 1, 2008, Scandic brands will cease to be part of the Hilton Family of Hotels and HHonors program. WorldPerks members will no longer be awarded miles for stays at Scandic brand hotels."

Not much mention on the forum but it's kind of old news.

Good to make a quick note so that everyone is aware that Scandic is no longer a part of the Hilton family.

Very...

Scandic - Hilton "divorce" final Jan 1, 2008
Old Feb 2, 2008, 9:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Good comments please, keeping posts worth reading

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

The nature of the post was to help, as I hope most posts would be.

The addition of 'Very' didn't really help the forum.

Adding the Scandic news on the forum was an effort to help provide info. So many people comment when there is absolutely no reason to write - I think they are just bored.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
and if you really wanted to help, you would have added your post to the existing thread.

I'm all for adding and updating information. I was pointing out that the information (as well as three other threads) exist on the topic.

If you would like further analyze my state of being send me a PM. Your false assumptions have no place in the forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.