Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question What abt free breakfast +possible upgrade at Dbl-Tree

I have a reservation for 2 rooms at DoubleTree Suites Philadelphia West.
My Way On-Property benfits for DoubleTree are: A space-available room upgrade, including breakfast.
Will this apply to both rooms?

And- does anybody know if this DoubleTree has Exec Floor?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Officially the upgrade applies only to the member's room, but I have heard of several properties granting it to multiple rooms on the one booking.

This hotel does not appear to have an executive floor.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by stifle
Officially the upgrade applies only to the member's room, but I have heard of several properties granting it to multiple rooms on the one booking.
I've had this (as an HH Gold) at Hilton Logan Airport, we both got rooms on the executive floor. My no-status colleague got given the harbour view, as well. Grrr....
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
FWIW, I once brought a project team to a HGI for over a month... 6-8 people/rooms at a time. We had the discount rate that I qualified for. (Can't remember what it was.) All received the complimentary breakfast. I was Gold -- at the start anyway . At the end, I received all points for paying for all with my Amex. And the receptionist added a bonus when we reconciled it all at checkout. (Actually, I had forgotten to change from points & miles at the get go , but she fixed that -- no other favor points.) I think these things were important:

1) Settle up at checkout, and allow time for it when the time comes. Make an appointment if it's that involved. And plan what you're going to say.

2) I think that it may be up to the individual property - rates, points, bonuses - more than we usually think, or than they say if they don't want to bend.

3) And it may have helped/been because they got to know us, and we weren't (too) rowdy.

Actually, I think there may have been the ounce of prevention at work, as well, but I can't remember a very formal process at the get go. We just sort of tumbled in, and I asked for my usual discount rate (gov't? AAA?). Again, in this case, I put it to the careful checkout.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 7, 2011 at 7:55 am
Old Jun 9, 2011, 2:42 pm

We booked 2 rooms and they were under a single confirmation number which I mistakenly believed would be all that was necessary to receive points for both. It was only after returning home that I investigated the missing points, and read the rules for receiving points for multiple rooms. I now realize the need to specifically request one folio .

I was thinking of contacting the hotel but wanted to see if anyone has successfully pleaded their case and received points after the fact -- I would imagine they would have to cancel the charge and re-bill under one folio and that would be asking a lot. They are a fairly new Hilton, we have stayed there many times previously before the re-branding, and are familiar with some of the front desk staff if that makes any difference.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Diaphanous, I feel that your chances are good. Based on all you've said, I'd still definitely go for it, trying the front desk, then the GM, first. This just seems like a simple slip. Do you remember any names? I've had this correction made numerous times, both by front desk staff in the event and by same retroactively -- though not "long retroactively". (Still somewhat on-topic, I think it's a blessing for you that the staff were kept in the re-brand. I've rarely seen this happen.) Don't let the trail go...
Old Jun 10, 2011, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
Diaphanous, I feel that your chances are good. Based on all you've said, I'd still definitely go for it, trying the front desk, then the GM, first. This just seems like a simple slip. Do you remember any names? I've had this correction made numerous times, both by front desk staff in the event and by same retroactively -- though not "long retroactively". (Still somewhat on-topic, I think it's a blessing for you that the staff were kept in the re-brand. I've rarely seen this happen.) Don't let the trail go...
Thank you - seems worth a try! ^
Old Jun 14, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Having the same problem....we checked into the Hilton Hawaiian Village in the middle of the night...needed 2 connecting rooms for adults and kids. We checked out and so far I only have points for one room...and they set up different folios... guess I need to track this down with Hilton. I had no idea this would be a problem as I asked at check in and was told I would receive credit for both...
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Just finished a stay in NY where one room was Mon-Fri and a second room was Tues-Sat. First room posted, 56,123 points, nothing on second room; I called and they posted second room while I was on the phone, same confirmation # on both. All they asked was the last 4 numbers on my credit card.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: LH, US, UA
Multiple rooms on one reservation : How many rooms do I earn points for?

Dear forum,
I recently stayed in a hilton property with 5 colleagues for 7 days. I have added my HH number to all reservations and paid the bill in full (more than $6000). Only the 2 highest individual bills counted towards points, and only my 7 nights out of 34 counted towards status. HH argued that "The Hilton HHonors program gives credits for a maximum of 2 rooms per stay. You receive 1 stay credit for the number of nights you were physically checked into the hotel. The nights do not double with 2 rooms."

Who can confirm/contradict this policy?

If this is true then points are not given according to revenue, and please explain what HH has to gain from such restrictive policy, beside me going back to Goldpoints which don't have this anti-customer policy.

Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by havane2009
Dear forum,
I recently stayed in a hilton property with 5 colleagues for 7 days. I have added my HH number to all reservations and paid the bill in full (more than $6000). Only the 2 highest individual bills counted towards points, and only my 7 nights out of 34 counted towards status. HH argued that "The Hilton HHonors program gives credits for a maximum of 2 rooms per stay. You receive 1 stay credit for the number of nights you were physically checked into the hotel. The nights do not double with 2 rooms."

If this is true then points are not given according to revenue, and please explain what HH has to gain from such restrictive policy, beside me going back to Goldpoints which don't have this anti-customer policy.

Thanks

HH was right. It's written clearly in their rules, only up to 2 rooms are counted for your points. It won't give you additonal night or stay from the second room. it works as if you stay at a single room that cost as much as the 2 actual rooms you stay at.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 4:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I don't understand it either but it is well known rule.

I have had up to 5 rooms per night credit to my account with the blessing of the hotel and the hotel comp breakfasts for all rooms as well. That applies to places I personally frequent a lot and they know me by name there.

I accept the rule exists and don't push for more (above was given without asking) but don't understand the philosophy behind the restriction.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, that is the proper credit according to the HH rules. Some chains do have a meeting planner program that would allow you to earn credit for all rooms booked regardless who pays. Some properties have been known to mess this up and post multiple stays but those are subject to reversal if found during an audit. If you received points for the two highest rooms and not just yours and the highest of the others, then they did "bend" the rules for you in my view.

Usually it is better to allow the individuals to take credit and earn on their own. In this particular case you all are the consumers, you just happen to be the payor. If they all had company CCs should the company get the credit for the stays? The upside here is, providing you used a reward earning cc, you should get credit for all $6000 charged to the card.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by havane2009
Dear forum,

Thanks
From the Goldpoints site:

http://www.clubcarlson.com/sectionte...ion=terms.home

Only one person per stay may receive Points and Points will be credited to the individual whose name appears on the reservation. You may earn Points on up to three rooms booked under the same reservation, but credit for multiple rooms must be requested at or before the time of check-in. You may not earn both Points and Program Partner airline frequent flyer miles/credits for stays at a participating hotel. Points can only be earned in one program, and by providing a Club Carlson Card at check-in, you are selecting to earn Points in the Program for the stay.

Hilton gives you points for two rooms and Goldpoints for a maximum of three when you arrange it at check-in or in advance with the hotel. You might have got the Hilton hotel to give you points for all rooms (5?, 6?) if you had talked to them them in advance like you need to with Goldpoints. I also doubt that Goldpoints will give you stay night credits for everyone booked concurrently in one hotel.

Goldpoints has 1000 hotels, Hilton has 3,600 hotels. If Goldpoints works for all your needs then stay with them if you feel they treat you better.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hilton HHonors Terms and Conditions are your friends. They say, among other things:

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/terms.do

3. A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. ...

and

5. A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through the HHonors Points and HHonors Points Earnings Style and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including HHonors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses, Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member may receive one stay credit on one room only. For purposes of earning miles for stays, miles may only be earned on one room only.
You were correctly informed. It is always wise to check these things out before assuming one will make a big points or stay credit. (And only the first 100,000 Base Points earned in one stay count, as well.)

This question has been asked many times, the answer is always the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.