Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 6:30 pm

Programs: HHonors: Diamond, DL: Plat
Originally Posted by Richelieu
Hi,

Just a stupid question... I will be booking two rooms for a stay later this year, and I was wondering if I'd get the HH points bonus for both rooms ? I will be using one room of course, but I was wondering about the second one. Is it worth advising my coworker to get an hilton card (so the points don't go to waste) or will I be able to get points on both rooms ?
Always takes a call for me, wish they would fix this!!!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by xyzzy
That works -- but... Despite asking many, many times I have never been able to get a hotel to bill multiple rooms on one folio.
it was a non-US property, so that might make a difference. I simply wanted to pay everything on one bill and was actually suprised to see credit for more than 2 rooms ... but I didn't complain
Old Feb 2, 2009, 5:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I read this thread from the start and fo rme as a beginner with HH terminology it is still not clear:

I will stay in 2 weeks in Budapest for 2 days and book 3 rooms. If I would travel alone, I would get every night 2000HH points + 500 Bonus points for my room (double promotion by April 6th), assuming a 100$/night fare.

Can somebody more experienced explain for the rookies what does the T&C stipulate and what is the best DoubleDip option for booking and paying for 2 or more rooms?

Last edited by CAlex; Feb 2, 2009 at 5:09 am
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:51 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by CAlex
I read this thread from the start and fo rme as a beginner with HH terminology it is still not clear:

I will stay in 2 weeks in Budapest for 2 days and book 3 rooms. If I would travel alone, I would get every night 2000HH points + 500 Bonus points for my room (double promotion by April 6th), assuming a 100$/night fare.

Can somebody more experienced explain for the rookies what does the T&C stipulate and what is the best DoubleDip option for booking and paying for 2 or more rooms?
If you book three rooms, you will only get stay credit for one room ( so two nights credit and one stay credit) and points credit for two rooms if they are on the same folio (they are linked together and paid for by you). The third room would not give you anything extra under the current Honors terms.

You may get lucky and the hotel could make a mistake and give you points for all three rooms but they do not have to under the Honors terms.
Old May 4, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Can I receive credit for 3 rooms?

I have booked AXON award stay (for me & my wife) and two rooms (my parents and my parents-in-law). I’m paying for all rooms using my Amex Surpass card. Now we have three rooms and I’m aware of Hilton “two rooms” policy. Do I get HHonors points for those two rooms? What’s the best strategy to book this trip in order to get the max points? Btw, I’m just a lowly Gold.

Thx.
Old May 4, 2009, 7:01 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You will only get credit for two of the rooms. If you want to maximize points, have two rooms on one folio and the other room on another and charge everything to one of the two on the shared folio.
Old May 4, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Change one of the paid room under your name should get you more points.

My experience this is done by combining the folio of the 2nd room under yours into one bill. So if your name is under one of the paid room, you should have no problem to get points of the rooms for yourself and one other paid room.
Old May 4, 2009, 8:01 pm

Book the AXON under one of the other couples name. Then book the two paid rooms under your name and HH#. That way you will get points for the two paid rooms. Easiest way. Make sure the two paid rooms are put into one folio and shows that way at check-out. Otherwise, keep copies and send them in (or call ) Honors to get points for the second room.
Old May 5, 2009, 5:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
... and if you pay the third room with your AMEX Surpass Card then it will give you 9HH points for every dollar spent, much better than nothing.

- 2 rooms on your name, payed by your Surpass Card
- 1 room on somebody else's name, payed by your Surpass Card
Old Jul 8, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Reserve two rooms, HHonors points for both rooms?

Recently, I reserved and paid for two rooms at a Hampton Inn.

I was only awarded HHonors points for one of those rooms. Should I have also gotten HHonors points for the second room?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by warreng24
Recently, I reserved and paid for two rooms at a Hampton Inn.

I was only awarded HHonors points for one of those rooms. Should I have also gotten HHonors points for the second room?
Yes, you are entitled to points for both rooms.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
HH Points for multiple rooms

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Warm greeting from Hilton Reservation & Customer Care!

We refer to previous correspondence in this matter.

We note that we are not in dispute regarding the relevant clause of the HHonors Terms and Conditions that applies to your stay at the Hilton Hua Hin on 27-29 March 2009, but on how that clause is to be interpreted.

The relevant clause states:

"A Member may earn Base points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio".

It is our interpretation of that clause that, in order to earn Base points for two rooms per stay, the eligible charges for both rooms must be on the one folio. By your own admission, during your stay there were three rooms on three different folios. Therefore, we consider that, technically, Base points in relation to one room only should have been accrued. Notwithstanding this, in the interests of customer service, Base points for two rooms were credited to you. Whilst we are happy to combine the two folios so that guests can earn the Base points in relation to two rooms per stay, the relevant clause clearly states that a Member may only earn Base points for up to two rooms per stay. We reiterate that, in the present case, there is no entitlement to earn Base points in relation to the third room.

We note clause 11 of the HHonors Terms and Conditions which provides that all interpretations of the Program Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Hilton HHonors Worldwide, LLC.

Whilst we hope to continue to serve you to the best of our ability in the future, we strongly disagree that you have any legal claim in relation to this issue, and, having regard to your assertion to take legal action in this regard, we will continue to maintain our position as set out in this email and we reserve the right to take such action as we may consider necessary to refute any claim by you in this regard. We note that it is a condition of participation in the HHonors program that under no circumstances is Hilton liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the HHonors program or any such other products and services.

Yours sincerely

Queenie Wu

Hilton Reservations and Customer Care

Email (Resv) [email protected]

Email (HHonors) [email protected]

Web www.hiltonfamily.com

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Yes, you are entitled to points for both rooms.
Entitlement does not mean you'll get them!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:26 am

You are entitled to points for two rooms when they are on one folio. If you follow the rules and make sure at check-out that two rooms are on one folio, then you will get the points. One folio means one folio. It is the members responsibility to ensure that the rooms are on one folio, as per the written rules. Did I mention that the two rooms have to be on one folio to comply with the HHonrs rules and get the entitled points?

In my opinion, threatening to take legal action over not getting hotel points when you didn't follow the rules is just silly.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
You are entitled to points for two rooms when they are on one folio. If you follow the rules and make sure at check-out that two rooms are on one folio, then you will get the points. One folio means one folio. It is the members responsibility to ensure that the rooms are on one folio, as per the written rules. Did I mention that the two rooms have to be on one folio to comply with the HHonrs rules and get the entitled points?
You, of course, are correct, the rooms must be on one folio. It is really bad practice to separate a single reservation for two rooms with one confirmation number with one one credit card from one hhonors account into two bills and two folios when you check in. This forces the customer to have to stop at the desk and teach the front desk clerk how to combine folios which has taken me up to half an hour at some properties, then when the points/stay posts, voila, the points post from the room with the zeroed out room bill, not from the combined folio and you must call anyway. HHonors has created this system and it stinks.

In my opinion, threatening to take legal action over not getting hotel points when you didn't follow the rules is just silly.
Agree, but the process still stinks.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

"A Member may earn Base points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio".

It is our interpretation of that clause that, in order to earn Base points for two rooms per stay, the eligible charges for both rooms must be on the one folio. By your own admission, during your stay there were three rooms on three different folios. Therefore, we consider that, technically, Base points in relation to one room only should have been accrued. Notwithstanding this, in the interests of customer service, Base points for two rooms were credited to you. Whilst we are happy to combine the two folios so that guests can earn the Base points in relation to two rooms per stay, the relevant clause clearly states that a Member may only earn Base points for up to two rooms per stay. We reiterate that, in the present case, there is no entitlement to earn Base points in relation to the third room.
Emphasis mine

Entitlement does not mean you'll get them!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure what your argument is about. According to the e-mail you quoted, you DID receive base points for 2 rooms even though you had separate folios. You GOT the credit that you were ENTITLED.

It appears you are attempting to use threats to get credit for a third room which you are clearly not entitled to. Hilton T&C state a max of 2 rooms per stay will be credited.

Sigh, another frivolous lawsuit, jamming up the legal system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.