Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Consolidated "Earning Hilton Honors Points for Multiple Rooms" thread

Old Jul 23, 2007, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I was very lucky with Starwood

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I don't know what Starwood you are talking about but the rules of the Starwood I know are no different from HH: Two rooms for one night is one stay with Starwood.

From the SPG T&Cs:

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...spg_terms.html

You might have been lucky, but do not count on it again.
Flying Lawyer, thanks for pointing out the SPG T&C. I focused on the Starpoints for 3 rooms and overlooked the stay and night credit for promotions and qualifications.

I was indeed very lucky in my recent stay at a Westin in which I received stay and night credits for each of the 2 rooms in my name. Actually I was even luckier than that, but no details here.

I don't want anyone at Starwood to correct the error, so I won't name the property. I did ask the front desk agent when checking in about the stay credit, and both front desk agents said that I would receive stay and night credit for both rooms and Platinum 500 point amenities.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 8:26 am
Suspended

Dont worry too much about it since your good fortune at SPG ( and incidentally I have also been lucky to get both stay and nights credit for two seperate rooms with HH ) has probably occured to many of us.
In my case twice with SPG within the last year.

Just dont get too upset if it doesnt occur.

mike
Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
I too have been lucky with HH. Sometimes with prior arrangements with sales dept, sometimes they just show up. Not always.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 8:54 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
One stay credit, one mileage credit, but base points for both from the T and C

You may earn Base point credit for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base point credit will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. Bonuses issued on Base points or total folio charges, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on member tier) and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned or folio charges incurred for both rooms. "Double Base points" means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base points earned during a stay and "Triple Base points" means you will receive a bonus equal to two times the number of Base points earned during a stay. For any other bonuses, including HHonors partner bonus points and other promotional bonuses, bonus points will be awarded on one room only. You will receive only one stay credit (including credit toward HHonors VIP tiers), and only one mileage credit will be earned. Bonus points earned on Base points do not count toward VIP tier qualification (Example - "Double Base points" or "Triple Base points" promotions).
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It appears you received everything you were entitled to - all the points from both rooms on the folio, and the night / stay credits for one room, in complete accordance with the HHonors® Terms & Conditions.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
Best way to reserve multiple rooms?

I'm booking travel for my team to an event in SFO. Some of the team members arrive on one day; I arrive two days later. I'd like to book all the rooms on my Hilton Amex and have all the room charges billed to it. What's the best way to accomplish that? Can I get credit for all the rooms I book, or just my own?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
You can get room and stay credit for up to two rooms. If you want the points for others then open accounts in your player's names, attatch them to sepertate reservations, then combine those accounts with your own. This is a one-time solution, so if you have an entire season with similar arrangements you may need to keep the accounts seperate until the end of the season. Stay and night credits won't transfer, only points. I'm not sure if transfered base points will apply to your level qualification base point total.

To charge everything to your HHonors Amex will require those arriving first to check in with one card and for you to replace the card they put on file with your own once you arrive. You also may be able to get a better rate by paying net-direct in advance, then again replace the card they put on file with your own once you arrive for any incidental charges.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by paulr
I'm booking travel for my team Can I get credit for all the rooms I book, or just my own?
You might wish to consider that one or more of your team members would also like to get credit for their stay away from home.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Breakfast Gold benefit on 2 rooms?

If Gold status books 2 rooms (single reservation, same dates) at HGI or DoubleTree. Will the Free Breakfast benefit apply to Both rooms?
(Officially says: for member + 1 guest. Obviously, the member will stay only in 1 of 2 rooms).
Old Nov 16, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
I get that you can get points for two rooms on a single stay. If I book both rooms under a triple bonus points rate, will I get triple bonus points for each room? Basically I'd be getting 6x points for the stay, if that works. Or is there something that prevents you from collecting bonus points like that?

EDIT: Sorry, answered my own question.
Bonuses issued on Base points or total folio charges, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on member tier) and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned or folio charges incurred for both rooms.

Last edited by Phil2016; Nov 16, 2007 at 3:30 pm
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Getting points when booking multiple rooms

Hi,

Just a stupid question... I will be booking two rooms for a stay later this year, and I was wondering if I'd get the HH points bonus for both rooms ? I will be using one room of course, but I was wondering about the second one. Is it worth advising my coworker to get an hilton card (so the points don't go to waste) or will I be able to get points on both rooms ?
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
You can get points for both rooms, but you'll almost certainly have to call HHonors in order to get them to credit the points for the second room.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
make sure you get them on the same folio and it should not be an issue. Last year I got points for 4 rooms got lucky ^
Old Feb 10, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Thanks you all for the quick answers!
Old Feb 10, 2008, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by cfischer
make sure you get them on the same folio and it should not be an issue. Last year I got points for 4 rooms got lucky ^
That works -- but... Despite asking many, many times I have never been able to get a hotel to bill multiple rooms on one folio.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.