Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
"I believe you have spoken to my colleague in regards to your frustrations and dissatisfaction towards Secure Parking at the time of checkout. What my colleague has explained is correct and in fact Hilton Sydney has no jurisdiction of parking pricing set by Secure Parking company, as Secure Parking is a separate entity to Hilton Sydney. The Terms and Conditions of parking entre is also listed in our website stating ”This carpark is owned and managed by Secure Parking. Self-parking fee is $55.40 for 24 hours from time of entry.” I am truly sorry of the frustrations and trouble that have caused from the misunderstanding."

Just got this from Hilton Sydney guest relation manager, Another pointless reply.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:27 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ausriver
"I believe you have spoken to my colleague in regards to your frustrations and dissatisfaction towards Secure Parking at the time of checkout. What my colleague has explained is correct and in fact Hilton Sydney has no jurisdiction of parking pricing set by Secure Parking company, as Secure Parking is a separate entity to Hilton Sydney. The Terms and Conditions of parking entre is also listed in our website stating ”This carpark is owned and managed by Secure Parking. Self-parking fee is $55.40 for 24 hours from time of entry.” I am truly sorry of the frustrations and trouble that have caused from the misunderstanding."

Just got this from Hilton Sydney guest relation manager, Another pointless reply.
Open a case with the Diamond line. It was revealed on LoyaltyLobby they get fined $200 per complaint.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I had a stay here on Sunday night. While I still love the hotel things didn't seem as efficient as normal.

I dropped my bags off around 10am on a Sunday. Was told the best upgrade was to a high corner deluxe room and that there were no relaxation rooms available.

I got back to the hotel around 3:40pm (official check-in time is 3pm) and was told the room wasn't ready. They did had another one of these rooms on another floor free so they moved me to this. A check online still showed relaxation suites (but no relaxation rooms) along with all other suite classes available.

Got to the room and found no bottled water but this was fixed promptly by bell staff when they delivered my bag a few minutes later. I also didn't get a newspaper the following morning, presumably because this wasn't updated after the room change.

The evening reception was amazing as always, and the free Diamond breakfast in Glass was great, but not amazing. It's certainly not as good as it was a few years ago and if I was paying A$43 per person or whatever the current price is I probably wouldn't leave entirely satisfied that I got value for money. Somebody needs to teach them how to cook bacon - it was very average in Melbourne a few weeks ago as well... And I've now decided the quality of bacon really is a determining factor when it comes to rating a hotel!
Old May 23, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I live in Sydney and this might be the 10th time I stayed at this hotel. Never used the parking facility before.

The stay was good overall. We checked in really early, the big mistake we made was to use the hotel's parking facility. I called the hotel and been told $55/day for parking.
In fairness to them 24 hours is considered a "day" in parking terms so you exceeded that and were simply charged for 2 days which is pretty standard in the carparking world.

While the response from them may not be what you're after I'm not quite sure what you really expect from them - yes you could have booked cheaper online but they've obviously negotiated a daily rate that's cheaper than normal weekday rates and will have no doubt been charged for your stay by Secure parking.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I've now decided the quality of bacon really is a determining factor when it comes to rating a hotel!
AMEN!!!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
Sydney Hilton - Lounge access?

Will be in Sydney, Australia in November for five days. Will I get lounge access at the Hilton as a lowly Gold? Also, included breakfast and/or internet? Can either use points or $$$$, but the rates vary wildly, depending when and where I look. Tried searching in Flyertalk, but didn't find anything. Other smaller hotels look promising but do not include breakfast/internet.

DD
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:38 pm

Is there really no lounge information in the master thread for this property?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ydney-aus.html
(And even if there is not, that thread is where your question belongs.)
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
I am Diamond so I can't really comment but the breakfast and executive lounge offerings are A+. I seem to remember getting executive lounge access as a gold but not breakfast, however, that was some years ago.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
I was there 2 years ago as a Gold and booked base room for 4 or 5 nights. Was upgraded to a relaxation suite which included lounge access. YMMV.

Breakfast was already a given as a Gold. Although the coffee was chargeable.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:03 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by earlyriser
I am Diamond so I can't really comment but the breakfast and executive lounge offerings are A+.
A+ if you are into university cafeteria styling. This hotel is probably the most expensive disappointment I have had the displeasure to stay at.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by markis10
A+ if you are into university cafeteria styling. This hotel is probably the most expensive disappointment I have had the displeasure to stay at.
I think this is rubbish. We all have different opinions and experiences. Maybe Markis10 had better experience of university cafeterias than I had. The Sydney Hilton is probably the best Hilton in Australia and a lot better than many around the world. As a Gold you'll get breakfast in the Executive Lounge. It is a substantial continental breakfast of good quality. You'll only get evening access if you are upgraded to an Executive room. Glass, the general restaurant downstairs, I think is excellent for an expensive dinner but poor for breakfast, so you are not missing a lot. As a Diamond with access to both I much prefer the lounge despite its more limited breakfast menu.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by RCTP
...Breakfast was already a given as a Gold. Although the coffee was chargeable.
Incredibly, this is still true today. Want a made to order espresso? that will be $x! The breakfast spread at the restaurant was a disappointment for a hotel that charges such a high rate for it and the lounge food in the evening looks appealing but far from filling.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
I think this is rubbish. We all have different opinions and experiences. Maybe Markis10 had better experience of university cafeterias than I had. The Sydney Hilton is probably the best Hilton in Australia and a lot better than many around the world. As a Gold you'll get breakfast in the Executive Lounge. It is a substantial continental breakfast of good quality. You'll only get evening access if you are upgraded to an Executive room. Glass, the general restaurant downstairs, I think is excellent for an expensive dinner but poor for breakfast, so you are not missing a lot. As a Diamond with access to both I much prefer the lounge despite its more limited breakfast menu.
Agree. Maybe if I was better traveled throughout Asia I would have a different opinion, but IMO Hilton Sydney has a better executive lounge offering than Melbourne South Wharf and Conrad HK. Although, both have better views. As for Hilton Sydney being expensive, my two stays in June were $159 AUD.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Stayed last November w/Gold. Had lounge access which has evening cocktails and breakfast. Very crowded.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
deleted

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Jul 1, 2017 at 5:55 pm Reason: deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.