Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by ksen22
This hotel is famous for playing all sorts of games - mainly, sky-high rates if you book in advance and then the rates drop dramatically if you book one or two days before checking in.
Correct. Booked a stay tomorrow for $235. Have been watching this date for months in the $400 range.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by earlyriser
Correct. Booked a stay tomorrow for $235. Have been watching this date for months in the $400 range.
Indeed. I check a few times a week for rate drops, next stay coming up soon!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Thank you for the waiting for the rate to drop advice on this thread. I've ben trying to book a MAR 26 thru 29 stay for awhile. Finally got the 26th thru 28th to drop from 490 to 280, now just waiting (hopefully) for a drop on the last night. Ugh! Why do hard Hilton AUS?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by earlyriser
Now less than 24 hours out and have updated my rate on the app to $215 AUD.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Staying here now, booked a room online yesterday morning ( Friday ) for $209 AUD and was upgraded to a relaxation suite. Lounge wasn't overly busy last night, really great offerings of food and drink, about to head downstairs for breakfast.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Just finished 2 night stay, got upgraded to a relaxation room. The room was nice however I could hear to "wind" sound of the elevators going up and down. Did anyone has similar experience for xx26 rooms?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Just finished 2 night stay, got upgraded to a relaxation room. The room was nice however I could hear to "wind" sound of the elevators going up and down. Did anyone has similar experience for xx26 rooms?
I have stayed in the relax. rooms quite regularly and you do get used to it after awhile. Although after staying in a junior suite recently I did think how quiet they are compared to the relax. room with the lift noise.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
Whats wrong with this hotel. They never want to listen to the feedback. I sent the email asking them to check the AC as it was very hot and they replied that I didn't know how to use the controller. Breakfast was really bored and for my four stays it remained unchange.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by nikkoap92
Whats wrong with this hotel. They never want to listen to the feedback. I sent the email asking them to check the AC as it was very hot and they replied that I didn't know how to use the controller. Breakfast was really bored and for my four stays it remained unchange.
I must be missing something. Why would you send them an email to ask them to check the air conditioning?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by nikkoap92
Breakfast was bored? Should they hire entertainment?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
I must be missing something. Why would you send them an email to ask them to check the air conditioning?
Sorry I sent them the feedback after the stay and the manager replied that I don't know how to use the AC controller inside the room. For the first stay, the room had blackout at midnight for like an hour and I had to call them like 3 times and the manager came to the room and blamed me without a word sorry.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:08 pm

Hit by double car parking fee

I live in Sydney and this might be the 10th time I stayed at this hotel. Never used the parking facility before.

The stay was good overall. We checked in really early, the big mistake we made was to use the hotel's parking facility. I called the hotel and been told $55/day for parking.

However, on exit, we've been charged for $110 at hotel's "discounted" parking rate. We stayed one night, and our car stayed 27 hours. And then I've been told by hotel manager, the car park is not Hilton's car park and they can't do anything about it, although the car park is right below the hotel with the only life goes to hotel lobby directly.

We entered on Sunday and left on Monday, according to secure parking's official website, it is $17 for weekend parking and $70 for weekday whole day parking, $87 if we book with the car park directly.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:59 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I live in Sydney and this might be the 10th time I stayed at this hotel. Never used the parking facility before.

The stay was good overall. We checked in really early, the big mistake we made was to use the hotel's parking facility. I called the hotel and been told $55/day for parking.

However, on exit, we've been charged for $110 at hotel's "discounted" parking rate. We stayed one night, and our car stayed 27 hours. And then I've been told by hotel manager, the car park is not Hilton's car park and they can't do anything about it, although the car park is right below the hotel with the only life goes to hotel lobby directly.

We entered on Sunday and left on Monday, according to secure parking's official website, it is $17 for weekend parking and $70 for weekday whole day parking, $87 if we book with the car park directly.
Hotel car parking in Sydney is outrageous. You are much better rebooking a Secure or Wilson carpark in advance. I also hate the Hilton carpark, it's extremely narrow and cars parked in front of each other.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Hotel car parking in Sydney is outrageous. You are much better rebooking a Secure or Wilson carpark in advance. I also hate the Hilton carpark, it's extremely narrow and cars parked in front of each other.
Yes, you're right. It was also the attitude I got from hotel front desk when I went back check with them. The only thing they kept saying was "it was not their car park", and asked me to talk to the concierge?? Are you serious? What a good way to ticking the ball over...

They could have just reminded me at check in so I would be surprised or maybe able to make alternative arrangement.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
I recently had an upgrade to 3526. Loved the room itself and I got used to the whirring sound - I think it is the bank of staff elevators at the back of the public ones, though they are really all together. I can't say the noise caused us much trouble. However, the banging and movement of trolleys and trays from the executive lounge service rooms immediately above did. It went on for an hour after evening service and started again before 6.00am the next morning. I would decline that room if I'm ever offered it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.