Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Questions and Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Questions and Information

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i consider it to be the same....recently i paid 15k points & $25 for a stay which would have been 50k if i had only used points or 30k points on point stretchers....
Was this a weekend stay? My experience was point stretchers were available only on weekends. I have recently checked a number of Hilton family hotels in Houston that were at the 25 to 40 thousand point standard award levels that had point stretcher weekend available and found the weekend rates to be as little as a $19 savings for 12,500 points. During the week points plus dollars, however, had reasonably good redemption values.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by elgringito
Was this a weekend stay? My experience was point stretchers were available only on weekends. I have recently checked a number of Hilton family hotels in Houston that were at the 25 to 40 thousand point standard award levels that had point stretcher weekend available and found the weekend rates to be as little as a $19 savings for 12,500 points. During the week points plus dollars, however, had reasonably good redemption values.
weekday stay....
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I recently booked some award stays for next June and have been monitoring the premium room awards quite closely, given that they appear to fluctuate from one day to the next. Today, I noticed the same property on the same dates had awards listed as "Diamond Point Stretcher Award." The award rate was 24K points for a category 6 property and had not appeared previously for the property. I am not sure what any of the means given that I have also heard directly from Hilton that point stretcher awards are extinct.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by LarryU
Today, I noticed the same property on the same dates had awards listed as "Diamond Point Stretcher Award." The award rate was 24K points for a category 6 property and had not appeared previously for the property.
Would you mind sharing with us which property this is?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Cool

It means they've created a new discriminator between Gold and Diamond, and that there are still point stretchers. Sounds like the only thing that remains is the announcement, unless Diamonds have gotten one. Maybe this got out ahead of the March package?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Would you mind sharing with us which property this is?
This was at the Hilton Stockholm for stays roughly five months from now. When I looked this morning, the "Diamond Point Stretcher" awards were available every day throughout late June. The "discounted" premium awards were available only on weekends.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Ok, as another poster created a thread called "New" Diamond Benefit, I have to make my case here:

If you have a benefit that is available to all members, then take it away for all but the top members, while I appreciate the differentiation from Diamond to Gold, this is NOT an enhancement or improvement, but yet another devaluation.

Best way to look at it is as a diamond, absolutely no change but HH trying to take credit for it and expecting me to say thank you. Nice try.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Ok, as another poster created a thread called "New" Diamond Benefit, I have to make my case here:

If you have a benefit that is available to all members, then take it away for all but the top members, while I appreciate the differentiation from Diamond to Gold, this is NOT an enhancement or improvement, but yet another devaluation.

Best way to look at it is as a diamond, absolutely no change but HH trying to take credit for it and expecting me to say thank you. Nice try.
You could always get them where it hurts and go elsewhere rather than vent you frustration on FT. Did this two years ago after one too many lousy hiltons and have never regretted it. Only time I'll be back with them is to burn my remaining points.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 4:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
This was at the Hilton Stockholm for stays roughly five months from now. When I looked this morning, the "Diamond Point Stretcher" awards were available every day throughout late June. The "discounted" premium awards were available only on weekends.
Interesting - just replicated it from my account.

One thing to double check before we assume it is a Diamond only perk, is whether Golds can see the Pointstretcher option. The standard room reward inventory just adds 'Diamond' or 'Gold' to the front of it to reflect your status, so it could just be a naming thing.

If a Gold wants to try a date such as 1 night checking in on 7th June at Stockholm and let us know whether a Pointstretcher reward comes up below the standard reward.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
Interesting - just replicated it from my account.

One thing to double check before we assume it is a Diamond only perk, is whether Golds can see the Pointstretcher option. The standard room reward inventory just adds 'Diamond' or 'Gold' to the front of it to reflect your status, so it could just be a naming thing.

If a Gold wants to try a date such as 1 night checking in on 7th June at Stockholm and let us know whether a Pointstretcher reward comes up below the standard reward.
I went ahead and checked....only the standard reward shows up for me as a Gold.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:02 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RAPC
I'm a Diamond, just checked that date, and the only thing that comes up is the 40K standard award.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
This was at the Hilton Stockholm for stays roughly five months from now.
I get the 24k point stretcher for 7th June. Interesting that the point stretcher page on the website indicates that there are currently no point stretcher awards available.

cblaisd, did you click on "book a room"? It shows 40k for me as well on the initial page, but the 24k point stretcher shows after I click to book a room.

Last edited by Richard1148; Jan 25, 2012 at 12:14 pm
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:44 pm

I get the 24k rate without any problems in June. So Hilton Stockholm Slussen has point stretcher this summer. Who can find other hotels?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ScottieFlyer
You could always get them where it hurts and go elsewhere rather than vent you frustration on FT. Did this two years ago after one too many lousy hiltons and have never regretted it. Only time I'll be back with them is to burn my remaining points.
Don't worry, I have. While I still did my 28 stays to retain diamond last year, the past two years it's been declining heavily and shifting to IHG.

HH taking away RT was the really the sword for me.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:01 pm

Just for grins, I searched again for award stays at the Hilton Stockholm for next June and the "Diamond Point Stretcher Award" no longer shows up as an option. My existing award reservations are denoted as "Expanded Rewards PS - Cat 6 Hotel." I have no idea what any of this means and I'm not sure Hilton does either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.