Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For ease of navigation, the Hilton Rewards FAQ is distributed across posts 1-10 in this thread. This wiki does not duplicate that content; instead, it provides an index to the various sections of the FAQ.
Print Wikipost

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Charbito
Thank you very much!
doesnt it usually tell u you can buy pts?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:02 pm

Hi, we are a couple planning our anniversary at Conrad Singapore using points + Cash option for 5 nights in April. I am a Hilton Gold. I understand that there is 5th night offer for elite members if u book 4+ nights. While making a trial booking I did not see the points+cash amount reducing for the 5th night. Is the offer not applicable to point+cash option? How is the elite experience at this hotel? Is Conrad Singapore good for point+cash redemption? We are open to other options, in and around Asia. I don't travel much, so I have limited HHpoints (~100k). Will appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by agarwaga
Hi, we are a couple planning our anniversary at Conrad Singapore using points + Cash option for 5 nights in April. I am a Hilton Gold. I understand that there is 5th night offer for elite members if u book 4+ nights. While making a trial booking I did not see the points+cash amount reducing for the 5th night. Is the offer not applicable to point+cash option? How is the elite experience at this hotel? Is Conrad Singapore good for point+cash redemption? We are open to other options, in and around Asia. I don't travel much, so I have limited HHpoints (~100k). Will appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.
5th night free is only available for straight point redemptions.

If you are interested in the Conrad Singapore you should review the thread for that property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...re-sgp-89.html
See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...re-sgp-19.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...re-sgp-50.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tels-asia.html
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:58 pm

Unhappy I don't understand Hilton points

I have no points yet. Want to get no annual fee card for 40,000 points ...maybe. Trying to get a night in Reykjavik. Website says 40,000 for one person, but 84,000 for 2 people. Really? This is a level 7 hotel. Is this typical for Hyatt? I know there is a $95 fee and 2 free night, and I might do that, but I am looking for comments on how to get a room for 40,000 points for 2 people
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Is there a way I can see a award reservation made by someone else where I am the additional guest? I would like to monitor it for an upgrade. When I try to see in on HH it says that I need to be logged in.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Is there a way I can see a award reservation made by someone else where I am the additional guest? I would like to monitor it for an upgrade. When I try to see in on HH it says that I need to be logged in.
Bump. Anyone?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Bump. Anyone?
As far as I know, unless you are the HHonors member that made the reservation, you will not be able to view the reservation on-line. Best you can do is send an email to the property ahead of time politely asking for an upgrade if available.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by elabut
I have no points yet. Want to get no annual fee card for 40,000 points ...maybe. Trying to get a night in Reykjavik. Website says 40,000 for one person, but 84,000 for 2 people. Really? This is a level 7 hotel. Is this typical for Hyatt? I know there is a $95 fee and 2 free night, and I might do that, but I am looking for comments on how to get a room for 40,000 points for 2 people
The problem is that they have a base room for one person (single room), but are sold out of their base room for two (twin Hilton room). I don't know your dates, but very likely all they have left for two are the queen Hilton room plus and the twin Hilton room plus.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
As far as I know, unless you are the HHonors member that made the reservation, you will not be able to view the reservation on-line. Best you can do is send an email to the property ahead of time politely asking for an upgrade if available.
Ok thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
The problem is that they have a base room for one person (single room), but are sold out of their base room for two (twin Hilton room). I don't know your dates, but very likely all they have left for two are the queen Hilton room plus and the twin Hilton room plus.
Thank you for the explanation
Old Feb 22, 2016, 4:38 pm

View reservation made for you

Bump. Anyone?
The only way i have allowed others to view reservations I have made for them is to give them my user name and password to login. Then they can see it, but that is up to them to want to give that out or not. depends on how close you are or how much they care if they change the PW afterwards.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonbrockman
The only way i have allowed others to view reservations I have made for them is to give them my user name and password to login. Then they can see it, but that is up to them to want to give that out or not. depends on how close you are or how much they care if they change the PW afterwards.
Ok thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Historically, how far in advance does Hilton load award availability? I recently learned that on the Hilton website you can actually book reservations for stays greater than 12 months out (up to 24 months) if you use the "Use flexible dates" check box. I am looking at Bora Bora, and I see that there is some standard award availability in August of this year, but I don't see anything for all of 2017 or 2018. Looking to make an award booking for summer 2017.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi

I was just wondering if you could help me with the following please;

Firstly I am a Gold Hilton HHonors member and I was wondering if I book with a 3rd party instead of direct whether I would still get the benefits (e.g free breakfast, possible room upgrade etc..)?

Secondly again if I book with a 3rd party do I still get free wifi as a Gold member or is free wifi only for those who are HHonors members AND book on the Hilton website?

If it helps the hotel is the London Metropole.

Many Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2016, 5:42 am

I want to use points and money for a stay at the Hampton Inn, 35th street, NYC. It is category 8, 70,000 points. I don't see points and money as an option on the hotel's booking site. Does that mean it is not available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.