Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for New Member Referrals: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Current Member get Member website (other older websites are still available online):

---Dead link removed---

Referer gets 1,000 bonus points per stay, up to 25,000 points, referee gets 1,000 bonus points after second stay.
Print Wikipost

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for New Member Referrals: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2003, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier, IC Ambassador, HHONORS Diamond VIP, Priority Club Platinum
Is this the same thing as the "member - get -member" promotion?

Thanks. -Paul

------------------
[email protected]
UAL Premier, Northwest Silver Elite, Hilton Diamond VIP
Old Mar 5, 2003, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Any news? bump
Old Mar 6, 2003, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Yes, I think it's "member get a member". At least that's what a CSR signed me up for last week!
Old Mar 25, 2003, 11:16 am

Member get a Member Program has been cancelled, except for Diamonds

Another huge Hilton devaluation. The previous refer a friend and get 1000 points for every stay they make, up to five friends and up to a maximum of 25,000 points is now dead except for Diamond's.They said this ended December 31. This was never announced that I am aware of. Why would they not want people to keep referring their friends to the program? I have collected the 25,000 per year for many years.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 1:16 pm

milesrus, what are you complaining about? Be happy with the free points you've gotten over the years. Hilton was under no obligation to give you referral points in the first place. Besides, all you diamonds can still take part. Hilton STILL has the #1 program out there. Disagree?
Old Mar 25, 2003, 6:38 pm

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
I just found out about this as well. The CSR claimed that notice had been sent out. I told the CSR that I was positive that was not the case and that I followed all the Hilton releases and boards and there has been NO notification that I could find.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Mar 26, 2003, 6:19 am

I read every Hilton piece of information here and elsewhere, and I was never informed of this. I am really surprised that more people aren't up in arms about this. This could cost people hundreds of thousands of points over years.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 7:28 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milesrus:
I am really surprised that more people aren't up in arms about this. This could cost people hundreds of thousands of points over years.</font>
Maybe the heading isn't catching peoples attention.

------------------
Old Mar 26, 2003, 8:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Why aren't more people reacting? Maybe some others are like me, sort of shell-shocked with all of the negative things going on -- both on a big scale (the war) and a small scale (the continuing reduction in value of the HH program and other loyalty programs.) Last year I thought the Hilton program was by far the best for me, no question. Now that's not true. Each reservation must be considered on its own merits. Sorry you're losing points.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1P MM
It seems there is lots of misinformation in the hoonors customer support center about this. I just got the following reply to a request to verify that three of my refereals were actually recorded. This replay says the program ended at the start of 2002, but just two weeks ago, I was told when I called in that it was still going on.

Is there a Hilton lurker that can make sure their agents get appropriate training.

-----

Mr. xxxxx,

I apologize; the HHonors program no longer offers a referral program. This became effective at the beginning of 2002. We would like to suggest that you stay tuned to our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com to view all upcoming program changes and promotions.

Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience and hope you have a wonderful day.

Best regards,
xxxx xxxxx
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1P MM
I called just two weeks ago to ask if this program was still in effect and was told that it was. Now when I try to verify three referrals, they tell me this ended START OF 2002. This is shameful.

If it ended, then their rep two weeks ago should not have told me it was still in effect. When I asked her how many people were already linked to my account, she even checked and told me that there was one. They do not have a right to tell me it is in effect to get me to refer people and then tell me a different story afer I have done the work to convince them to sign up.

[This message has been edited by USC_FT@LAX (edited 03-26-2003).]
Old Mar 26, 2003, 2:42 pm

Program said they notified us which they did not. member get a member for 25,000 a year has been cancelled except for Diamonds. Another reasonn to keep my Diamond status
Old Mar 26, 2003, 3:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
You're right, Superd1, I couldn't find a single iota of information in any Hilton mailing, press release, etc. mentioning the discontinuation of those program.

Ah well, no more free points.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:33 pm

And to think people were complaining because of the short notice on suspending UA.
We didn't get any notice on this one.

What's next?

Maybe we can start a pool and try and guess which benefit will be axed next.

------------------
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Do we still get points for paid stays at Hilton properties?

No on-line booking bonus, no referral points.

We’re getting hosed!

For Hilton the word bonus is two words = Bone Us.

waikaloa dreamin,
Speaking for most of us here, no points = no business, Less points may = no business. And I’m never happy when I don’t get points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.