Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for New Member Referrals: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Current Member get Member website (other older websites are still available online):

---Dead link removed---

Referer gets 1,000 bonus points per stay, up to 25,000 points, referee gets 1,000 bonus points after second stay.
Print Wikipost

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for New Member Referrals: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2002, 8:12 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I believe that they are changing the updating your profile to 500 points, but still 2 times a quicker. Even with the reduction, I think keeping separate accounts is an advantage as you can continue to get points for her stays. Sometimes, if the price is the same, two consequetive nigts can be split as 1 night each, therefore each of you getting credit. Unless you are ready to cash in for a big reward that requires both your points, it seems woth keeping them separate.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Oct 4, 2002, 6:48 pm

Three people who have joined HH recently have emailed HH saying that I referred them. They have gotten emails back saying they don't have a referral program anymore.

Old Oct 5, 2002, 3:29 am

quark send me an email !
Old Oct 5, 2002, 8:42 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
It is called member get a member and not all reps know about it. I would call again. I recently did this.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Oct 5, 2002, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
The program is called member get a member. Call Hhonors and give them the name and Hhonors number of the person you want to list as one of your members (since referrals does not work). You will earn 1000 points for each stay for up to 5 members for up to 5 stays, so 25,000 points per year is max.

The names do not have to be recently joined HHonors members. You may change the names by calling HHonors adding or deleting names as you wish (not sure how often) so choose people who will stay, not just your Aunt from Peoria just because she is coming to visit you and you are putting her up in a Hampton Inn.

Before we get in trouble with this nice bonus, i would recommend not having reciprocal member get a member agreements with a bunch of pals from, say, FT or lots of people adding names of others they didn't really refer. I hope it doesn't go this way. Get your family, friends, and coworkers to sign up and become HHonors members, even get them CNTU and Gold Status, but this has the potential for abuse here in FT. I hope it doesn't happen.

OB
Old Oct 6, 2002, 2:32 pm

I recently signed my spouse up as a hihonors member. Does this count as well?
Old Oct 7, 2002, 1:49 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IncredibleDeals:
I recently signed my spouse up as a hihonors member. Does this count as well?</font>
Yes it does. I did the same last month. The agent tried to push me towards a mutual account, but we have left them separate for now, and collected 4 x 500 points between us on 1st October for profile updates.
Old Oct 7, 2002, 4:17 am

YESSSS!! I will call in my spouse's HH number today. Hilton is so generous!!! They take care of us so much better than Marriott does. Especially in the upgrade department. Try and get an upgrade out of Marriott- it won't happen even when I KNOW they have empty upgrades available. And the Hilton point promotions are so much better than the Marriott free weekends, IMHO.
Old Oct 17, 2002, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:
You can sign up to 5 people and get up to 5000 per year from each of them for a total of 25K. Since a lot of reps are unfamiliar with this - they give out misinformation. So if she stays 5 times you will get 1000 points 5 times, and SHE will get HER points and bonuses.</font>
Yep, works like a charm.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 11:07 am

Member get a member 1000pts?

I signed my spouse up for CNTU and AAGU at the end of August. Then called HHonors and gave both our #s for the member get a member promo. We just completed the third CNTU stay and besides all the points my spouse received (THANK YOU, FLYERTALK!!), I also received 1000 points for EACH of the three stays!!! I hope this never ends......
Old Oct 30, 2002, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
See also for more details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000661.html
Old Oct 30, 2002, 3:14 pm

Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware that I would get up to 5000 points per member per year and that they would be linked to my account forever!! WOW! What an incredible deal!
Old Oct 31, 2002, 4:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IncredibleDeals:
Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware that I would get up to 5000 points per member per year and that they would be linked to my account forever!! WOW! What an incredible deal!</font>
I'm not sure they are linked to your account forever. I thought that they were either linked to your account for that calendar year or perhaps for 12 months. I have four people on my account now. I might have selected them a little more carefully if I had known that I only could add 5 names and then be stuck with those 5 forever. Anyone know more on this aspect of the program?

Old Nov 1, 2002, 1:34 pm

i wrote to hilton recently (snailmail) about 5 people i had referred and they wrote back (snailmail)saying the referral bonus had been discontinued..
Old Nov 2, 2002, 5:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by franjelley:
i wrote to hilton recently (snailmail) about 5 people i had referred and they wrote back (snailmail)saying the referral bonus had been discontinued..</font>
Hmmm. If true that must have been very recent. I just added someone about six weeks ago. Also, I got credit a week ago for someone I had previously refered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.