Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for New Member Referrals: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Current Member get Member website (other older websites are still available online):

---Dead link removed---

Referer gets 1,000 bonus points per stay, up to 25,000 points, referee gets 1,000 bonus points after second stay.
Print Wikipost

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for New Member Referrals: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2001, 8:47 am

If I have understood this correctly from the past you can also sign up people who are already members of Hiltons right? How many refered people can you have?
Old Aug 17, 2001, 10:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
If I have understood this correctly from the past you can also sign up people who are already members of Hiltons right? How many refered people can you have? </font>
kempis -- While this (signing up people who were already members of the program) has been posted on this Board by someone from Europe (you may want to do a search on it), Adam Burke responded that no such promotion existed.
Old Aug 18, 2001, 8:52 am

I have successfully referred people via fax. I then follow up via U.S. Mail with the application
Old Aug 21, 2001, 9:35 am

I also wonder if this can be retroactive. I just referred someone without knowing about this program.
Old Jan 8, 2002, 11:43 am

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jabez:
I also wonder if this can be retroactive. I just referred someone without knowing about this program.</font>
Ask the referred person to email HHonors and tell that you (give your HHonors number) referred him/her. Worked for me.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 10:25 am
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
Signing up new HHonors members

I'm booking some travel arrangements to DC for a number of colleagues and will probably put everybody into a Hilton property there. Does anybody know if HHonors do any promotions if you sign up new HHonors members (similar to a bonus mileage program which UAL's Mileage Plus offer for signing up new members?)

Thanks,

David
Old Jul 8, 2002, 10:40 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SW, HH, MR, SPG, Choice
Yes, call Hilton Honors Help Line. Mention you are signing up a new member. Future stays by the new member earn you 1,000 honors points. It will show up in your account as member referral bonus.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 3:00 pm

Unless they have changed the sign up procedure, the new member must call HH CS and give them your HH number to link to their account in order for you to receive the referral bonus. Great program if you can get your new members to cooperate. I believe you are limited to 20,000 points annually on referrals.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 3:24 pm

Is it possible to "sign up" friends after they have had their first stay?
Old Jul 8, 2002, 6:27 pm

I referred a new HHonors member last week. The program is called "Member Get a Member". Ask for it by name, one of the agents I talked to had heard of it, but one had not. The one who had not put me on hold and found out what he needed to know.

My friend created his account first. He did it online for the 1000 pts bonus. Once the HHonors number was assigned, he gave it to me and I called HHonors back to refer him. They needed his account number and name to do the referral.

The terms were 1000 pts per stay for the first five stays. Limit of five referrals per year.

The referral bonus for his first stay posted to my account two days after he checked out.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 9:50 am
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
HHonors phoned this morning. Four new members enrolled. Their numbers recorded on my profile. Let the point accumulation commence!

Thanks for the tip guys.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 1:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
Is it possible to "sign up" friends after they have had their first stay?</font>
I have been able to do this before but only when the new member signup was no more than about a month prior to signup for the Member get a Member program.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 3:25 pm

I have a supply of HHonors Enrollment Forms which were provided by a hotel. These have the temporary account numbers on 'em. When somebody needs referred, we fill out one of the pre printed forms and fax 'em to Hilton along with the notation that this is a referral from my number. The newbie then has a number to use when making reservations. It is nice to have the 1000 point surprise show up every so often on the statements
Old Jul 17, 2002, 11:26 am

I can confirm that this 1000 bonus also works when your referal stays at a Scandic hotel. I did refer a regular FTer a few days ago and today I got 1000 points for a stay at Scandic in Stockholm.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 6:29 am

Can the "Member get a Member" be done on the Internet (without calling the help line)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.