Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for New Member Referrals: The Definitive Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Current Member get Member website (other older websites are still available online):

---Dead link removed---

Referer gets 1,000 bonus points per stay, up to 25,000 points, referee gets 1,000 bonus points after second stay.
Print Wikipost

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for New Member Referrals: The Definitive Thread

Old Aug 31, 2000, 11:51 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

Thanks...
Old Oct 3, 2000, 12:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Is this the same program as "Member Get a Member"?

I called the service center today to add a new member to my account and the MGAM program was the only one the rep could find. She linked his account to mine but couldn't tell me what, if any points, I would get when he has a stay.
Old Oct 3, 2000, 12:24 pm

Originally posted by harold:
Is this the same program as "Member Get a Member"?
I think so.
Old Oct 3, 2000, 5:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Thanks Eugene. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if any points show up.

Assuming the program still works, is there a limit to the number of refered accounts that can be linked to my account?
Old Oct 3, 2000, 5:25 pm

Originally posted by harold:
...is there a limit to the number of refered accounts that can be linked to my account?
I've heard conflicting information on this subject from HHonors CSR's, although the printed forms I have (dated '96 though) clearly state:

1. You can recommend up to five new members annually.
2. You receive 1,000 HHonors bonus points each time a member you referred stays at an HHonors hotel.
3. Earn up to 5,000 points for each member you refer, up to a maximum of 25,000 total Member Referral bonus points each calendar year.

Hope it helps.
Old Oct 4, 2000, 10:16 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

Wow... this is quite lucrative. Ive already signed 2 people up, I cant wait to start getting the HH points. Also, anybody know if there's a max time frame from the referral date to the first stay of the new member ?

Old Oct 5, 2000, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I was just told that there is a maximum # of 5 people ever that can be linked to your account. You get 1000 points per stay up to 5 stays a year. You can remove a link and add another link instead. And yes, it is the Member get a Member program

------------------
DtG

[This message has been edited by dgordon (edited 10-05-2000).]
Old Mar 11, 2001, 9:29 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
Referral Bonus

Does anyone know if Hilton Honors offers a referral bonus? I have a friend who wants to sign up for the program after I spoke to him about it.
Old Mar 11, 2001, 2:27 pm

Larrude -- I'm not sure if it is still working, but as recently as last fall one could have called HHonors CS and signed up a friend or colleague through the "member-get-a-member" promotion and have the two accounts linked. Every time that friend stays at Hiltons, the referrer recieves 1,000 bonus points.
Old Aug 7, 2001, 2:32 pm

Program is still alive! I thought I had seen this thread before and found it via a search.

New G/F just took a job involving a lot of travel. So she asked me for advice on FF/FS programs.

As a Diamond, I am partial to the HHonors program so I signed her up. Bonus: she was also able to sign up for the EWRDC promotion. She'll easily get four stays in over the next few weeks. Result? We can use her points for our next vacation.

Mike
Old Aug 7, 2001, 8:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UK Stages:
as far as i can tell, the referral bonus lasts... forever. i referred several people three or four years ago and i still get bonuses every now and again. [...]</font>
WHAT?!!! I never knew ANYTHING about this, & referred someone to Hilton last year who subsequently became Platinum (heck, I "pitched" HHonors to him, & spent over an hour w/ him explaining various ins & outs)--I elite-napped him from Marriott, on top of this.

Has anyone ever been able to get this referral bonus retroactively--?
Old Aug 7, 2001, 8:35 pm

Wow, thanks for the tip. Just signed my sister up for her stay in 2 weeks. Rep told me I also get a signup bonus. Didn't ask what it was.

Pat
Old Aug 15, 2001, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, HH expired!, "Good Kid Club" (Silver)
Wow!

I am bringing 3 couples to the LAX Hilton for a friend's wedding, and then to MSP later with a business group. Is this signup available online, or do you need to call in? (Being on int'l hold for Hilton's legendary 20 mins etc. is preferably avoided....)

Thanks,
KP
Old Aug 15, 2001, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, HH expired!, "Good Kid Club" (Silver)
Wow!

I am bringing 3 couples to the LAX Hilton for a friend's wedding, and then to MSP later with a business group. Is this signup available online, or do you need to call in? (Being on int'l hold for Hilton's legendary 20 mins etc. is preferably avoided....)

Thanks,
KP
Old Aug 16, 2001, 10:56 am

kidpachinko -- I don't believe you can do it online. Faxing the request to HHonors may do the trick (in the past, there were special forms available just for that purpose). You'll need to state that you want to use a member-get-a-member referral to sign up your friends. You'll also need to provide your HHonors number, and all the required information for the people you refer (the same info that is required for regular HHonors sign-up).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.