Hilton Executive Lounge

Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Hilton Executive Lounge

Can I ask would you be more likely to stay at a Hilton Hotel if it had an Executive Lounge, and does this affect how you would rate the hotel.

OR are there more important loyalty offerings that would make you chose a Hilton Hotel.

Thank you for any comments
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
For me it's just the opposite. In the US, if it has an EL, I try to avoid it. Reason being that if there isn't one, I get a full breakfast in the restaurant. I much rather have a full bfast than the pitiful continental offerings at some of these domestic lounges.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:58 pm
DH

Originally Posted by ceebee100
For me it's just the opposite. In the US, if it has an EL, I try to avoid it. Reason being that if there isn't one, I get a full breakfast in the restaurant. I much rather have a full bfast than the pitiful continental offerings at some of these domestic lounges.
Not always. There were locations I had to pay for the upgrade from continental breakfast.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond
Hi... I had a recent post on this. I stay at a Hilton northeast of Atlanta. The exec floor there is not good (in my opinion). My room was no different than any other room. The lounge was so-so. I changed my preferences for next week to take the bonus points and a room on another floor. Other posters say that for other hotels - the exec floor/lounge are much better. So, I think the answer is that each hotel is different and your "mileage may vary".
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
It depends on the lounge, amenities, hours of operation, etc.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
If I am not happy with the breakfast in the lounge, I have asked for a voucher for breakfast in the restaurant and I have always received one.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by DH
Not always. There were locations I had to pay for the upgrade from continental breakfast.
Very true. Certain properties make sure you understand that the voucher is ONLY for
continental.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:52 pm

I tend to look for hotels with lounges. As a solo traveler, I enjoy it more than eating alone
in the restaurant. It makes it convenient just to grab something to go or take to your
room. Unfortunately most Hilton and DT's I stay at don't have a lounge or decided
to close them. It forces me to stay at ES properties since I can still get a few snacks
in the evening.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by dlwalt
If I am not happy with the breakfast in the lounge, I have asked for a voucher for breakfast in the restaurant and I have always received one.

Same here. I usually ask for full breakfast when there is only crap in the lounge.

Lounge? Yes, sure. I avoid a hotel (if I can) if there is no lounge. Often there is an SPG or a Hyatt with a lounge in the same city. Hence, the lounge is very important to me.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:05 am

Programs: EXP (AA), Diamond (HH), National Executive Elite
If there is no EL, and the property does not offer a full breakfast as a substitute, then I typically will stay at a Doubletree (if available in the area). The Doubletree hotels, from my experience, tend to offer their upper-tier members a full breakfast.

If there is no Doubletree and I have to choose between a Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn, I'll suffer the lack of an EL and stay at a Hilton. Just my personal preferences.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
My experiences with the executive lounges in the US and UK are not very good. Most are forgetable and not worth a visit. Frankly, I wish they would just stop the whole lounge business if they are not able to provide a decent product.

Would be much better to just provide diamonds a free b-fast in the restaurant and maybe half-off on appitizers in the bar in the evening.

Good lounge products can be provided if the property really wants to do it. An example being the Hilton Sao Paulo. Very very good.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:39 am

I'm never interested in anything more than a bit of fruit and coffee at breakfast, which usually can be obtained in the lounge. But if I've got more than five minutes for breakfast, I'd much rather spend it in the civilized environment of a restaurant (even if it means a few dollar tip).

That said, lounges are property specific. The Hilton New York, for instance, has always been far too busy to be enjoyable during my stays.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: Delta, HH Diamond, Marriott, AA Gold
I find this discussion very interesting. It appears that folks consider the lounge to be a big benefit in various locations especially outside the US. In the US and the UK the comments suggest this is not a big deal. If Hilton considers itself to to be an international company it needs to be consistent!!!!1
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA, HHonors
I travel often, but I usually target hotels in the $100-150 range for business travel. When I can manage to book a regular Hilton, the executive floor/executive lounge fails to live up to the hype. Take the points!
Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:06 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
My experiences with the executive lounges in the US and UK are not very good.
It really depends in the UK. The lounges at the London Tower Bridge and Canary Wharf properties, to a lesser extent at the London Heathrow, Gatwick and Kensington properties, are good, IMHO. I don't really like the lounges at the London Paddington and Metropole properties, though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.