Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Executive Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Depends on the property and if I will be at the hotel during the appetizers.

I stayed at the Hilton by LAX and was NOT impressed. The lounge was undergoing renovations though so while I was there it was only open for breakfast and was just a small conference room they made into a lounge in December. I like being able to use the lounge for things like grabbing a diet coke or bottled water and wasn't able to there.

When I return to DC I am going to stay the hilton on Connecticuit just due to the lounge over the Embassy row one. Their lounge had good hours and wasn't saturated with families.

The Palmer House in Chicago is nice for access if you have a later flight but it is almost like being in romper room with all the families.

All things being equal as far as location and price, if it's a property with a lounge with good hours and I have a late flight and can access it after checkout I would probably chose the property with the lounge. If it is an overnight stay where I am just going to crash and leave first thing in the morning, I would rather go to a property that has a decent breakfast.
I stayed at the Hilton LAX last night. This was my second stay here in two years....

I am unsure what they were renovating in the lounge as it appears to be the same as I remember... I missed the evening items, but from what I recall, they has a staffed bar (paid). They had apps/desserts.

This morning the place was a zoo... I walked in, saw the vulchers attacking the continental items, no open seating, and walked out. I asked the attendant if I could get a voucher to buy up to full breakfast in the restaurant. He said tgat they did not offer this. I have done this before without issue at other properties.

I ended up paying $20 for the full buffet in the Cafe. Actually, they had a decent spread. I guess I get a few extra points out of this one...

I do not get the hype of the lounges. They are usually packed when anything FREE is out... And with no free booze and only a cont breakfast, i generally just skip the lounge altogether.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:26 am
DH

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I do not get the hype of the lounges. They are usually packed when anything FREE is out... And with no free booze and only a cont breakfast, i generally just skip the lounge altogether.
YMMV, I always check FT on the quality of the lounge before I choose as not all lounges are created equal.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I stayed at the Hilton LAX last night. This was my second stay here in two years....

I am unsure what they were renovating in the lounge as it appears to be the same as I remember... I missed the evening items, but from what I recall, they has a staffed bar (paid). They had apps/desserts.

This morning the place was a zoo... I walked in, saw the vulchers attacking the continental items, no open seating, and walked out. I asked the attendant if I could get a voucher to buy up to full breakfast in the restaurant. He said tgat they did not offer this. I have done this before without issue at other properties.

I ended up paying $20 for the full buffet in the Cafe. Actually, they had a decent spread. I guess I get a few extra points out of this one...

When I stayed at the LAX hilton in December, the "lounge" was a dump. In the morning it was only open for breakfast and I think it was only a temporary lounge because it looked like they just used a very small conference room.

I like a lot of the lounges that are open all day because they are nice to grab things like diet coke and water from (and with vending machine prices those add up fast and it's more convenient than running to another store off site that still voercharges for it).

My favorite thing about lounges is when I have a late flight and have some time to kill. It is nice having access to the lounge and jumping online or watching TV if I am flying out of a city where delta doesn't have a sky club.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:27 pm

Fan of lounges

Having just gotten back from a whirlwind tour of eastern Europe ... I have to say that the lounges were quite good. Nice at the end of a day (when you know you've got more work ahead of you anyway) to look out with a great view of the city you're in ... have a glass of wine and something to eat ... and get some work done. So I definitely look for ELs when I travel.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Welcome to FlyerTalk, mikec711!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by mikec711
Having just gotten back from a whirlwind tour of eastern Europe ... I have to say that the lounges were quite good. Nice at the end of a day (when you know you've got more work ahead of you anyway) to look out with a great view of the city you're in ... have a glass of wine and something to eat ... and get some work done. So I definitely look for ELs when I travel.
You may find this thread interesting:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...nd-2013-a.html

^
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
Doesn't effect me one way or the other. However, as others have said, I prefer to have a full breakfast in the restaurant rather than cold options in the lounge. My favorite US Hilton (Checkers Los Angeles) does not have a lounge.
That was my post in 2011. However, when I was at the Hilton Santo Domingo last year I very much enjoyed their excellent lounge and at my next Hilton after that (the Hilton Anchorage) I found myself quite annoyed their lounge was closed on weekends. Guess I do like them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.