Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Earn Honors Points with Social Media Check-Ins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Honors Points with Social Media Check-Ins

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Hey, thanks for bumping this, folks. Have installed! Nice find! Just to remember to 'check in' whenever I'm sitting in traffic outside a DT or whatever...
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:12 am

Programs: VS, BA, HHonours, IHG Rewards, Best Western
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
I don't know if this is a fairly recent addition, but Hampton works in addition to Doubletree. http://www.topguest.com/programs/hilton

Updated to add: I guess Hampton isn't a recent addition, found this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...guest-com.html
I have a feeling that Hampton may only work in the US and not the UK. I checked in to the Hampton by Hilton Liverpool a few days ago but nothing has appeared on Topguest yet. A Hotel Indigo one the following day has already posted but I'm guessing the Hampton one won't.

There aren't many Hampton properties over here but if I come across one again I'll try checking in.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Quick question: this is only Hampton and DT, right? Bummer. Checked in at the HGI where I stayed every day last week...
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: HH Dia, Avis First, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AS
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
Quick question: this is only Hampton and DT, right? Bummer. Checked in at the HGI where I stayed every day last week...
Correct. Currently HI and DT only.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: HH Dia, Avis First, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AS
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:05 pm

Has anyone seen HHonors points post past June 1st. My last credit was on June 1st despite almost daily check-ins?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Has anyone seen HHonors points post past June 1st. My last credit was on June 1st despite almost daily check-ins?
I had one post on 12th August (Doubletree by Hilton London-West End)

Chris
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
FYI, Topguest must not like giving points

I am an avid user of 4sq. It allows me to keep my family apprised of my travels and locations in the event of an emergency.

I received a message from TG last week stating they felt I was in violation of the TG policies, but could not tell me which one. I travel extensively and also sell to hotels. Whenever I am in a property, I check in, period. Yes, I have gotten thousands of points for HI express and Dbl tree.

Apparently TG does not like that and booted my account
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by etsmyers
I am an avid user of 4sq. It allows me to keep my family apprised of my travels and locations in the event of an emergency.

I received a message from TG last week stating they felt I was in violation of the TG policies, but could not tell me which one. I travel extensively and also sell to hotels. Whenever I am in a property, I check in, period. Yes, I have gotten thousands of points for HI express and Dbl tree.

Apparently TG does not like that and booted my account
This happened to me, as well, months ago. I have yet to call them to find out the exact reason but I reckon at least 10,000+ points were earned via quasi-checkins!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I sent the requested appeal email, only to hear nothing.

I will be PISSED if there is an SPG or HH promo tied to the checkin
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
I got the same "you're in violation" e-mail earlier this week. I've since stopped checking into the DT that's across the street from work. I'll keep checking in sporadically, but really, the only reason I signed up for the program was to get the hotel points. Heck, I have friends who check into the same stupid intersection on their way to or from work - I wonder if they're getting the same "you're checking in here too often" e-mail. I'm guessing not.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
[QUOTE=Minneapolis;15225979]Team,

Sure, 50 HH points is worth less than a penny on the ground, but I could see how these would add up. Note: earning is capped at 50pts/day.

Actually 50 HHonors points is worth 25 cents at the common valuation of 0.5 cents per point. So let's say you "check in" 200 days per year, that's $50. Arguably worthwhile, though I wouldn't go out of my way.

Last edited by Explore; Dec 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: HHonors, Star Alliance
I got the same message about violating the TOS.

I logged in to review my account and it seems I wasn't receiving points for all my checkins.

To solve this problem, I just check into a different Doubletree and the points have been posting correctly for a week or so now.

Its a pain of they suspend your account though. You have to get a new 4sqr AND Hilton account. Thankfully, Hilton allows you to merge accounts free of charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.