Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q1 2011 - Hilton Honors Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q1 2011 - Hilton Honors Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
Probably useless for me.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
Any more word on this? I would also prfer a promo that took into account the 1 night stays or total stays, but I do have 3-4 trips of 4+ nights in Q1, so maybe it's not a bad deal for me too.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What would be interesting would be if incidentals on multi-night award stays would be multiplied?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, ANA GM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA RCC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
What would be interesting would be if incidentals on multi-night award stays would be multiplied?
I am not sure I fully understand the query. Do you mean if incidentals on a multi-night award stay during a TIMES X promo period can be multiplied by X?

The T&C of the promo usually state what is allowed but insofar as incidentals are usually treated as regular eligible spend (one gets base points, elite bonus points, AMEX CO brand booking bonus, etc, on them), it would seem that they would be treated just as regular folio would be treated. If the latter is multiplicable then the incidentals spend should be as well.

Last edited by UA1K4EVER; Dec 4, 2010 at 1:37 pm
Old Dec 4, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Incidentals on the Q4 4x promo definitely got the 4x bonus points. Worked for me a few weeks ago at the Beverly Hilton on an awards stay.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA1K4EVER
There must be a 24-hr "grace period" between check out and rechek in if the reservations are to be considered different
If this weren't the case, I and MANY others would not have to hotel hop to maintain status. It would simply be a matter of booking 1 night stays. Hence, I think this is the reason for the way the computers work.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, ANA GM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA RCC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Ha, I can guarantee it will. Again, it's out of HH Shanghai's control (yes agree, they are fantastic there), it's up to how the HH computers in the US post it! Now, if what you say does happen, that'll be good news to me as it means that I won't have to have the same issues going forward, I just don't trust the HH computers. So please post your experience.

Originally Posted by mnredfox
If this weren't the case, I and MANY others would not have to hotel hop to maintain status. It would simply be a matter of booking 1 night stays. Hence, I think this is the reason for the way the computers work.
I think that the HH computers in the US being in charge of membership related issues, it is important to contact Diamond Desk directly and early to make one's case when the last day to re-qualify status falls in the middle of an extended stay, to ensure proper crediting while avoiding the need to hotel hop. I had called Diamond Desk last week and had spoken with a CS supervisor, who had entered a note into my account to document the fact that I would have enough HH points to re-qualify on 12/31/10 even though I would not be checking out until 02/01/11. A few minutes ago, I just verified that this note is still in my account. importantly, however, I just also learned that HH has gone even further. They have apparently given me the benefit of the doubt and sent me a letter by snail mail extending my Diamond status to March 2012, even though I have not yet completed the required stay! ^^ I will confirm this after the letter has arrived but I would chalk this up as customer support at its best. ^

Last edited by UA1K4EVER; Dec 5, 2010 at 4:19 pm
Old Dec 9, 2010, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
anyone seen a confirmation on this yet?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 5:27 pm

Non Participating Property

delete

Last edited by ducky9; Dec 9, 2010 at 5:31 pm Reason: posted in incorrect topic
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:34 am

This thread is a little disappointing in terms of FTers' objectivity. Many individual folks won't be able to take advantage of a promotion that requires longer stays, but objectively, it's a good promotion. There will be some promotions where people with longer stays will benefit and some (e.g., those based on number of stays) where those who do 1-night stays will benefit. Being able to stay 3 nights and get triple points, objectively, is a pretty generous promotion even if you can't personally take advantage of it.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, UC, Lifetime HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
I too think this is rather a disappointing promo. However, if its true I wonder if its capped? Anybody seeing capped points for the Q4 promo? Im on a 5 nighter right now and should be over 100K for the stay. Have another 5 night stay in Feb which will be over 100K with this promo.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA1K4EVER
importantly, however, I just also learned that HH has gone even further. They have apparently given me the benefit of the doubt and sent me a letter by snail mail extending my Diamond status to March 2012, even though I have not yet completed the required stay! ^^ I will confirm this after the letter has arrived but I would chalk this up as customer support at its best. ^
Impressive, if only I got the same treatment at the DD instead of the run-around. Congrats.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
I cannot find anywhere on the Hilton site about this promo. Is it official yet?

I am sure registration is mandatory. Am just planning my stays for Jan.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by BarryL
I cannot find anywhere on the Hilton site about this promo. Is it official yet?

I am sure registration is mandatory. Am just planning my stays for Jan.
Nothing official yet, right now it's just a little birdie told me situation.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nicnac16
Nothing official yet, right now it's just a little birdie told me situation.
Remember how Hilton promos work these days.

They announce it.

Then think about it.

Finally an active link is established.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.